Thread of better quality food options (UK)

reality

UK Milk Drinkers:

Keen to hear everyone's go to Milk?

Have been drinking the non-organic, pasturized whole milk at Sainsburys as it's extremely cost effective (£1.65 - Gallon).

Wondering if there are any good raw milk suppliers in the UK? Or pasteurised. Just interested to hear what people go for.

Best cow milk I’ve tasted is Graham’s

But I do goats milk, either Waitrose or M&S

P

Peatness

Rules that came into force January 1 require businesses (in most cases those receiving the goods in the UK, but in some those sending them here) to notify the customs authorities of precisely what is being sent to the UK from the EU, and from where. The rules were in effect waived throughout 2021. The process will require the exporter to acquire and then submit an Eori number (economic operators registration and identification number) to their UK customers so the importers can then input a lot of data and send it off to the UK authorities.

If the goods arrive with incomplete paperwork, they can be seized, confiscated or sent back.

GodsHound

LN_849023_BP_11.jpg

These are good. Just wheat, olive oil, salt & water. Can use instead of fake tortillas. Crosta & Mollica have other good stuff, pretty sure they use unfortified wheat flour.

golder

LN_849023_BP_11.jpg

These are good. Just wheat, olive oil, salt & water. Can use instead of fake tortillas. Crosta & Mollica have other good stuff, pretty sure they use unfortified wheat flour.
Amazing find, thank you. If they did a sourdough product like this it would be incredible!

Happycat

Also does anyone know of a good nutella-like choccy spread?
Its not exactly Nutella, I bought from the supermarket a mix of honey and cocoa in a jar, I think the brand is Rowse or something like that and the product is called chocobee.

GodsHound

Its not exactly Nutella, I bought from the supermarket a mix of honey and cocoa in a jar, I think the brand is Rowse or something like that and the product is called chocobee.
haha i literally just bought this. its good! maybe i maek mocca coffee with it.

@GodsHound Strangely enough the mini pizza that they make uses olive oil instead of sunflower oil so if you can find it snatch it up. Although it wasn't a taste explosion for me, it satisfied a small craving. Then they also sell just the base which doesn't contain seed oils too.

golder

Absolutely loving these and the ingredient profile! Hope you guys enjoy them too:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 43
OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Absolutely loving these and the ingredient profile! Hope you guys enjoy them too:
It’s a good job the pots are small - it’s easy to eat a bucketful of that stuff!

reality

My local Waitrose started stocking ‘red bananas’, I never knew they existed until then. The skin is red but the inside flesh is still yellow like regular ones. They are so sweet and creamy, highly highly recommend

Ismail

My local Waitrose started stocking ‘red bananas’, I never knew they existed until then. The skin is red but the inside flesh is still yellow like regular ones. They are so sweet and creamy, highly highly recommend
Oh wow! I saw red bananas just yesterday on one of Gordon Ramsey’s travel food show on Disney plus, I think he was in Tasmania (Season 2: Episode 1), he was also shocked at how sweet they were. Going to check if they have them at my local Waitrose.

BonbonUK

Interesting thread! I'm from the UK but moved to Portugal last year. We seem to have most of the same foods here, I mainly shop at Lidl and products are pretty much the same. I've noticed their cereals are not fortified. The fruits are also more plentiful and better quality than the UK. Only thing I've not found easily is fresh milk, most Portuguese people seem to buy long life milk. I often get UHT Azores island milk (grass fed) I've not looked into it but I suppose UHT is not that good. Occasionally we'll go to Apolonia (over priced fancy supermarket, like Waitrose on steroids) and get organic milk in glass bottles, but I actually think the plain old UHT Azores milk tastes better.

ursidae

The Clarence Court duck eggs at Morrison's are delicious. I have been abstaining from eggs for 6 months now. Just made a duck egg omelette and taste was phenomenal. I'll be tracking my skin and digestion in the next 24-48 hours to see if it causes bloating or (cystic) acne. it shouldn't be as allergenic as chicken eggs. I fried them in butter which I have also been avoiding for a long time hopefully it doesn't taint the experiment

Last edited:

Ismail

The Clarence Court duck eggs at Morrison's are delicious. I have been abstaining from eggs for 6 months now. Just made a duck egg omelette and taste was phenomenal. I'll be tracking my skin and digestion in the next 24-48 hours to see if it causes bloating or (cystic) acne. it shouldn't be as allergenic as chicken eggs. I fried them in butter which I have also been avoiding for a long time hopefully it doesn't contaminate the experiment
Please let us know how you get on, hopefully you don’t have any issues ?