Thread of better quality food options (UK)

jaywills

If you are after milk chocolate, then head to waitrose
That's the one I've been getting.
75p for 30g.
2.00 for a 100g bar.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Been on the hunt for a chocolate milk that doesn’t have gums/fillers. I’ve searched 5+ supermarkets in the UK. No luck yet
Why not buy organic cocoa/cacao powder and just make your own?!

reality

For those that like prawns/shrimp I picked up these at waitrose the other day

LN_807189_BP_11.jpg

Wild caught, cooked and then frozen. They take like 10 mins to defrost and are great

I couldn’t be bothered to peel them so I been eating them whole, head tail eyes exoskeleton the lot lol. Delicious. Since they’re whole they also have their eggs with them, if you can stomach the idea of that then I’m sure there is huge benefits to it, getting the organs, eggs etc. True nose to tail.

GodsHound

Been on the hunt for a chocolate milk that doesn’t have gums/fillers. I’ve searched 5+ supermarkets in the UK. No luck yet
This. Silly expensive, but excellent. Easy to make your own but I can never get it as smooth as store bought.
1627332222200.png

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Looks a good option for a range of different meats. Thinking about stocking up on goat and venison.

M

metabolizm

"Tesco Finest Channel Island Whole Milk" might be the best I've ever tasted. It's also unhomogenised. I could drink it all day.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Looks a good option for a range of different meats. Thinking about stocking up on goat and venison.

Thoroughly recommend these guys. Gazegill messed up my order the last few times so wanted to try somewhere else. Got a range of different venison and goat cuts as well as lamb bones for bone broth and some wild boar to try. I’m road testing a suspicion game meats/goat are a better fit for our biology than beef. All came well packaged and was really good value (most packs were overweight). Only potential issue is minimum £85 spend for free delivery, but the freezer is full for a while now so I’m happy.

Anybody got a source for cheap oysters. I've only been able to find those gourmet options like Loch Fyne and WrightsBrothers. Whilst they taste good, they aren't the most economical option

golder

Anybody got a source for cheap oysters. I've only been able to find those gourmet options like Loch Fyne and WrightsBrothers. Whilst they taste good, they aren't the most economical option
£1 each from Waitrose fish counter. Not that cheap but one of the only ones I can find.

GodsHound

If i get some fresh oysters from waitrose fish counter, can I eat them raw or could I get sicc?

Also does anyone know of any decent bagels in supermarkets? They're always packed full of wankery...

P

Peatness

Morrisons do Valencia orange ice lollies that are just OJ and sugar, very tasty. They also have pink lemonade that are good too
Do you think there might be unlisted ingredients in the orange ice lollies? Waitrose, M&S sell this too with only orange and sugar listed. I've been eating a lot of these lately finding them addictive and perhaps contributing to a sudden twitching of eyelid. I’m suspecting either citric acid or sweeteners.

Samya

If any of you drink lower fat milk, the co-op has started selling 1% muller brand milk, purple/pink top. It tastes decent for being so low fat.

M

metabolizm

I’m still enjoying Tesco Finest Jersey milk. It’s extremely rich and tasty, if a bit expensive. The cream that rises to the top is itself lovely - like thick clotted cream. Of course, if you’re concerned about weight gain, it’s not the milk for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals