Thread of better quality food options (UK)

GodsHound

I'm done with Graham's organic milk. It's been my main food source for a while, drinking 2 or 3 litres of semi skimmed a day. But lately their milk hasn't been as fresh. I always buy milk well before the use by date. 1 in 5 bottles will be spoilt straight off the shelf. Others often have a vaguely strange taste and opened bottles will spoil after 2 days in the fridge. Perhaps it is a logistical fault of Sainsbury's, rather than with Graham's themselves. Anyway I'm drinking Tesco's organic semi-skimmed now, tastes nice, keeps for ages after opened.

There's a local family run dairy farm who can sell me raw milk. They have a lovely farm and they boast that they've drank their raw milk for years. The only problem is the entire family is fat and ugly, so I question the quality of their milk.

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Just picked up a box of this myself coincidentally, great minds and all that. Excited to try it tomorrow, any particularly good recipes you've found? I'm thinking some semi skimmed milk, little sprinkle of sugar and collagen.
I’ve been doing 80g of the oats with 2 cups of skim goat milk and either a ripe banana or chopped apple with some raisins and a touch of cinnamon. I put it in a Pyrex bowl in an Instantpot before bed and use the delay timer so it’s ready when I get up. I’ll stir in a couple of egg yolks and top with a little sheep’s yoghurt and honey ?. Keeps me going until lunch.

I’ve been doing 80g of the oats with 2 cups of skim goat milk and either a ripe banana or chopped apple with some raisins and a touch of cinnamon. I put it in a Pyrex bowl in an Instantpot before bed and use the delay timer so it’s ready when I get up. I’ll stir in a couple of egg yolks and top with a little sheep’s yoghurt and honey ?. Keeps me going until lunch.
This morning I just did the plain oats with some semi skimmed, sugar, and collagen and I was hungry by lunch but that's to be expected. That recipe sounds amazing and quite inventive, time to experiment!

GodsHound

Does anyone know of a good source for gelatin? I want to find an economical way to consume maybe 80g of gelatin a day, but good quality powder seems very expensive. I regularly use this Ossa organic collagen powder in my OJ. It's very good but nearly £30 for 400g.

Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 18.52.22.png

P

Peatness

Does anyone know of a good source for gelatin? I want to find an economical way to consume maybe 80g of gelatin a day, but good quality powder seems very expensive. I regularly use this Ossa organic collagen powder in my OJ. It's very good but nearly £30 for 400g.

View attachment 31276
This is the one I use. I wait until I find it on offer and bulk order

ecomproductimages-image-28045.jpg

Here are three I like!

Attachments

• 20211212_122328.jpg
    20211212_122328.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211212_122549.jpg
    20211212_122549.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211212_122608.jpg
    20211212_122608.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20211212_122636.jpg
    20211212_122636.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 28
Whoa whoa whoa, im loving all these three! Where in the UK did you buy them? Thanks! :)
I am in the US, but Yerrag told me about the hot sweet chili sauce, which I put on my cream cheese shrimp tacos and wings. I got that one on Amazon. The chocolate is SOOOOO good! I get that from Target and I see Amazon carries some of their TRUFFLES, and the cereal I get from our local health food store and Vitacost.com, and I think Sprout's sells it too.

Attachments

• 20211212_124720.jpg
    20211212_124720.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210906_192321.jpg
    20210906_192321.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210911_110800.jpg
    20210911_110800.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 10

What's Going on In Sainsbury's?? Hugo Talks #lockdown​

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/Qkvgvy7P6BRC/

Gosh I thought it would take ample time to lock us out of stores, but I can this will get the ball moving quicker. No wonder the government has been giving out free phones for years to the homeless, so they can get in too, although how do we give them our money for food, transfer it?

ursidae

I get dermatitis from beef but I end up eating it sometimes as it saves money. I tried grass fed from a butcher, sainsbury's organic (I think it's grain fed), tried a bunch of different Scottish (I think) types and played around with the fat percentages. Finally tried Tesco's Irish beef and it's by far the best tasting one, feels so much higher quality than the rest even though the price is the lowest. Irish cows must be raised differently. It still gives me dermatitis though.
Tesco's mangoes are also consistently the best.

P

Peatness

Gosh I thought it would take ample time to lock us out of stores, but I can this will get the ball moving quicker. No wonder the government has been giving out free phones for years to the homeless, so they can get in too, although how do we give them our money for food, transfer it?
It's a practice run for what's to come.

P

Peatness

Sainsburys - Ingredients
  • Devon Spring Water,
  • Organic Rhubarb Juice (20%),
  • Organic Cane Sugar,
  • Organic Blueberry Juice,
  • Organic Madagascan Vanilla Extract,
  • Organic Lemon Oil,
  • Carbon Dioxide
640x640.jpg

ursidae

I can't find a single orange juice that doesn't taste horrible. I enjoy the taste of fresh squeezed orange juice so I don't understand why the orange juice with longer shelf life tastes so much worse. Even this new valencia orange juice thats cold pressed has this nasty taste. I can detect the same taste in clementine juice. Whole oranges and clementines don't taste that way.

another problem: Most of the other juices are mixes of several fruits and the front side of the bottle displays a tropical fruit. then you see the list of ingredients on the back and it's 80% apple- a cheap pesticide ridden fruit with an excess of fructose and piss poor nutrition, while the advertised tropical fruit is 5-1% of the content.

The only semi decent juice is asda's pineapple juice, however lately I have been detecting a nasty spoiled flavour which isn't surprising considering it's sold at a very low price. I tried Tesco's pineapple, it's sweet and it isn't spoiled but it contained a lot of bromelain that remained intact and made my mouth bleed. The more ripe a pineapple is the less bromelain. Thankfully it can be deactivated by heating.

E

eat my peat

UK Milk Drinkers:

Keen to hear everyone's go to Milk?

Have been drinking the non-organic, pasturized whole milk at Sainsburys as it's extremely cost effective (£1.65 - Gallon).

Wondering if there are any good raw milk suppliers in the UK? Or pasteurised. Just interested to hear what people go for.

P

Peatness

For me the best organic milk is Duchy Organic Unhomogenised - Waitrose

When I switched to goats milk I use

Can be found in co-op stores or health food stores

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals