Thread of better quality food options (UK)

GodsHound

I've been on the hunt for the best supermarket OJ for a while & have found even the best to be too SOUR. Just had this clementine juice from Saino's tastes like marmalade, no sourness.
640x640.jpg

I think other shops have their equivalent...

P

Peatness

I've been on the hunt for the best supermarket OJ for a while & have found even the best to be too SOUR. Just had this clementine juice from Saino's tastes like marmalade, no sourness.
View attachment 29452
I think other shops have their equivalent...
It's a new product. I look forward to trying. Thanks

AndrogenicJB

I find waitrose to have alot of high quality stuff. Anyone know which Supermarkets specifically I can by some good quality beef tallow/dripping that hasn't been treated with hormones. What are your thoughts on m and s beef dripping. M and S is supposedly good for animal welfare

E

eat my peat

Not sure but I’ve already had this many times and it’s deliciously sweet with no GI distress? Presumably that’s all that matters?
Owe you an apology for forgetting to respond.

Read a couple things regarding heat interfering with enzyme activity of orange juice yielding less 'goodness' for the body.

Make of it as you will - could be far off the mark but from my experience drinking both pasteurised and freshly squeezed.

The latter makes me insides smile more.

@GodsHound ^

E

eat my peat

I find waitrose to have alot of high quality stuff. Anyone know which Supermarkets specifically I can by some good quality beef tallow/dripping that hasn't been treated with hormones. What are your thoughts on m and s beef dripping. M and S is supposedly good for animal welfare
Waitrose do a grass fed 125g venison steak in the 3 for £10 deal which is really nice. What's your go to's in the waitrose meat range?

AndrogenicJB

Waitrose do a grass fed 125g venison steak in the 3 for £10 deal which is really nice. What's your go to's in the waitrose meat range?
Venison mince/burgers and lamb liver, sometimes bacon -- thoughts on where to get quality beef dripping/tallow

P

Peatness

I don't know. I know Tesco finest fresh sqeezed OJ is unpasteurised. What difference would it make?
It says on the website - "Clementine juice not from concentrate with juicy bits - 100% squeezed juice"

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

Amazing find! I’m going to make an order, have you tried it? Thank you so much for sharing :)
Not tried it personally but looks a great option.
Anyone know which Supermarkets specifically I can by some good quality beef tallow/dripping that hasn't been treated with hormones.
Not supermarkets, but:

Gazegill Organic Beef Dripping (Ready to use)

Ossa 6 x Organic Tallow - Grass Fed Beef Fat
I always buy this I do really well with it than other milks also taste much better
My wife loves this one too

GodsHound

It tastes really bad to me, not sweet at all
Perhaps endotoxin have seized dominion of your tastebuds?

I Joke! I've tried a few juices and find clementine to be sweeter & far less acidic than regular fresh squeeze OJ. I call on other members for a TASTE TEST!!

Also I've found fresh squeeze juices seem to differs with sweetness with different batches, but this may just be my perception.

Herbie

The Waitrose beef dripping comes in a glass jar and is more aromatic and has colour to it where most of the beef tallow is pure white and wrapped in paper, depends on what you like.

I know that 100% grass fed can be found online but comes at a cost.

AndrogenicJB

Waitrose do sell some good quality ghee at a reasonable price for 500g worth -- it's called East End

Gazegill Organics do really good beef tallow/dripping. I've been buying it for years as well as their livers, milk, and mince

Not a supermarket i know, but i've never seen decent tallow in any supermarket apart from one that is on Amazon occasionally

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals