Thoughts on what causes Chronic Bile Reflux ?

Hans Noddeboe

Hello I wanted to post this as a discussion point on the root cause and possible cure for Bile Reflux.

I have not been diagnosed myself but I was wondering if anyone here was experiencing this as well, what your symptoms are and how you manage/treat the condition.

In terms of what I think is the cause. I was on ppis after the doctor diagnosed me with GERD/gastritis last year. The drugs helped, until they actually seemed to make it worse.

I was wondering what the mechanisms were for causing chronic bile reflux, and bile gastritis?

Thanks a bunch.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Is it bile or acid reflux? Typically bile is released in the small intestines and has to bypass 2 valves to make it up to the esophagus and your throat.

OP
H

Hans Noddeboe

Yes, well I wasn't diagnosed but a scope showed yellow fluid present in my stomach to some degree. But not alot. I do have really bad GERD though aswell.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Sphincter problems can be complex buy can also be related to metabolic status and thyroid function. Seems that you have at least two sphincter problems. This might mean that the others can be malfunctioning too. The ileocecal might be malfunctioning too, causing increased bacterial growth in your small intestines. I'd start with basic metabolic function evaluation via labs, temperature, and pulse etc... Best of luck and hang in there.

OP
H

Hans Noddeboe

Sphincter problems can be complex buy can also be related to metabolic status and thyroid function. Seems that you have at least two sphincter problems. This might mean that the others can be malfunctioning too. The ileocecal might be malfunctioning too, causing increased bacterial growth in your small intestines. I'd start with basic metabolic function evaluation via labs, temperature, and pulse etc... Best of luck and hang in there.
I got my vit D and THS checked. They were both low with the Vit D at 30 and the TSH at 0.9, so yeah it could be that

Don

Low thyroid BUT some on here have said taking thyroid did not help. I think its a mix of everything from low thyroid, stress, certain problematic foods and then all the hacks you can do to help. Low acid diet might be one to try, as the acidic foods seem to activate the bile and pepsin stuck on the throat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals