Thoughts on This Thyroid Supp's Specs

cowbell

I won't link the source (unless people want me to), because I'm new and although I've lurked a while I'm not too sure on the nettiquete here.

Anyway. I'm looking to order in a thyroid supp--

In each pill there is 30mg of dried thyroid in 370mg of dried liver (I have no idea why they don't just have the thyroid gland alone).

The glands/organs are sourced from grass fed beef.

I am a little confused here though. What caught my eye was the 30mg of thyroid. Peat has mentioned that pre-40's in the US of A, a lot of people took in about 30mg of thyroid through food (via stews using the whole animal). But whether this is 30mg of dried thyroid or 30mg of the hormone itself I am unsure.

Either way this source looks like it could be a good source of both supplementing real thyroid as well as getting some nutrients from the liver.

What do you guys think?

I think I'll pull the pin and order some.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You might be better off to make the broth that Mittir posted about from either chicken or turkey necks. If you look under the post about schizophrenic drugs by Hagandazine, Mittir explains how to make this broth and how much thyroid is supplied. I'm not really sure about the product you mentioned but wanted to point out this option in case it might interest you. Maybe you have received your product already and are happy with it but if not you could try this out.