Thoughts on sourdough bread

Velve921

What are everyone's thoughts? Is it true this might be an okay food to consume?

My thought is that I try to avoid all starch, especially bread and pasta.

nikotrope

Yesterday I ate only coke, orange juice, milk and sugar and felt better than usual. I went to the restaurant in the evening and ate ramen. I woke up this morning with flu-like symptoms.

My bloating disappears when I avoid starch, even if the starch sources are white rice, potatoes or sourdough bread. But I have a hard time being strict.

You started this thread because you want to convince yourself you can eat starch. If you eat sourdough bread and feel better than before, then continue. But it's not because some people on this forum may eat sourdough bread and feel ok that it's good for you. You have to understand its effect on your health to know if it's good for you or not.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I understand everybody's points...I agree with regards to starch. Recently I've eliminated my cheat meal of pizza once a week. So I'm trying to find an okay replacement for a cheat meal..what would be your thoughts on sourdough rolls with parmigiana reggiano cheese and olive oil?

nikotrope

Ewlevy1 said:
I understand everybody's points...I agree with regards to starch. Recently I've eliminated my cheat meal of pizza once a week. So I'm trying to find an okay replacement for a cheat meal..what would be your thoughts on sourdough rolls with parmigiana reggiano cheese and olive oil?

Why do you want wheat in your cheat meal? I don't think there's a big difference between pizza and sourdough rolls if it's once a week. I would go for white rice instead in a risotto for example, as good as pasta for me.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I think there's a bug difference between pizza and a sourdough roll as pizza contains large amount of PUFAS, grain fed meat, poor form of cheese, immense amount of preservatives, and then wheat. I'm sure there's even more specifics that I'm forgetting...

Thanks for your advice on the rice...I'll keep that in mind.

cout12

boiled potatoes is the only starch that doesn't make me feel tired. It feels almost as good as eating sugar. Even white rice or fried potatoes makes me tired. Bread actually gives me headaches almost every time unless I really condition myself to eat it regularly.

nikotrope

In France pizza quality in restaurants is pretty high (raw cheeses, less PUFAs and no preservatives) so I don't picture pizzas are so devilish.

barbwirehouse

I've made sourdough before, it wasn't very nice. It's probably less harmful than other breads but really... it's too much of a hassle for me to bother making it.

99.9% of bread is made with oil. Whole Foods near me has a sourdough that doesn't have any oil in it. If you can trust a local baker who says they don't use oil or other noxious things then sourdough is a decent source of protein. Peat said this is one of the Herb Doctor interviews. He said the process of how its soaked and made increases the protein content. But overall, non-flour starch foods are better than flour starch foods. But most people want flour starch foods at some point, as in tacos, or burritos.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals