Thoughts On Sol Garden Bone Support?

Emstar1892

Hello! What do you guys think of this supplement for someone (me) who doesn't consume any dairy and is constantly on the go hence terrible at yielding eggshell calcium?

It seems to cover so many of my bases for a great price.

Wish the "whole food blend" wasn't in it but it doesn't seem too sinister...

Ingredients attached

:)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Source-Life-Garden-Bone-Support/dp/B0042DCAKO

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-26-15-07-08.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-26-15-07-08.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
OP
E

Emstar1892

[QUOTE="

I heard there where commercial egg shell calcium.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding :) interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about the lead exposure but the fact that the form of calcium wasn't compared with citrate etc is enough to put me off. Dangit!

I've quoted your sentence above as I don't understand it?

x-ray peat

[QUOTE="

I heard there where commercial egg shell calcium.

Thanks for responding :) interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about the lead exposure but the fact that the form of calcium wasn't compared with citrate etc is enough to put me off. Dangit!

I've quoted your sentence above as I don't understand it?[/QUOTE]
Pardon my spelling and grammatical laziness; let me rephrase. Have you looked into commercial egg shell calcium?

OP
E

Emstar1892

I've quoted your sentence above as I don't understand it?
Pardon my spelling and grammatical laziness; let me rephrase. Have you looked into commercial egg shell calcium?[/QUOTE]

Haha no worries. Hmm, didn't even know that was a thing! Any particular brand in mind?

x-ray peat

Thinking of this one by swanson: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Vitamins...d=1482840579&sr=8-1&keywords=eggshell+calcium

But there aren't any reviews. Apparently it yields 500mg per capsule so I'd probably need two. Not sure of the vitamin D3 yield...
The problem I see is that Swanson also sells eggshell membrane so it looks like you are not getting the whole shell. It looks like most of the eggshell sellers do the same.
I would look into buying in bulk the whole eggshell. What really stinks is that you don't get as many options as we do in the states but maybe these guys ship to England. Amazon.com : PURE CAL 100% ORGANIC NATURAL EGGSHELL CALCIUM IN BULK 2 LB. : Pet Supplies
Of course the pet supply may be a deal breaker for some.
Toxinless gives some info on potential sources Using eggshells as a source of calcium - Toxinless

kiran

The problem I see is that Swanson also sells eggshell membrane so it looks like you are not getting the whole shell. It looks like most of the eggshell sellers do the same.
I would look into buying in bulk the whole eggshell.

I tend to remove the membrane before I process my own eggshells. Can't handle too much of the membrane, it irritates my gut.