Thoughts On Raw Milk?

Lenny

Im lucky that I can get my hands on very high quality, grass fed, raw (goat)milk. Raw milk feels better in my body than lowfat-milk. When I consume lowfat-milk my intestine hurts. Raw milk seems like an option but im worried a bit about the mono fats. Also, Iv'e heart people talk about estrogen? Anybody that knows his stuff that can shine light on the subject?

Raw milk (cow)(100 grams) contains:

Energy(kcal) 71
Energy (kJ) 295
Proetein (g) 3.4
Fat (g) 4.4
Saturated (g) 2.9
Mono (g) 1.0
Pufa (g) 0.1
Cholesterol (mg) 27.0
Carbs, total (g) 4.4
Calcium (mg) 108
Iron (mg) 0.0

orangeUglad

Wow raw goats milk is SO delicious.. I'm jealous. I know for a fact raw milk works better for me than pasteurized milk also. I drink around 3-4 gallons of raw cows milk a week

Bart1

I heard when metabolic rate is very compromised, the tryptophan in the milk can be problematic. You could maybe counter it with adding collagen powder to it

Aymen

I heard when metabolic rate is very compromised, the tryptophan in the milk can be problematic. You could maybe counter it with adding collagen powder to it
"Regarding milk and its tryptophan content, The calcium helps to keep the metabolic rate high, and the other nutrients help to steer tryptophan away from the serotonin path." RP

It's something I still want to try, but not easy to get/come across. I'm still unsure about steering the metabolic process from the tryptophan to B3 since it's clear a lot of people having issues with milk and such is because of it becoming more serotonin and/or melatonin I think. Is this where thyroid function comes more in the process?

I also wish I knew more on this, but I rarely have time set aside to really take my studies on this further as of now (I'm learning biology and genetics/epigenetics).

It's also questionable about keeping the "metabolic rate high." Is this a good thing if one isn't eating right? I'm not sure if keeping things running faster is good if one isn't getting a well-balanced diet and good quality foods, proteins/aminos, micros and macros and eating the right stuff together and etc.

Aymen

It's something I still want to try, but not easy to get/come across. I'm still unsure about steering the metabolic process from the tryptophan to B3 since it's clear a lot of people having issues with milk and such is because of it becoming more serotonin and/or melatonin I think. Is this where thyroid function comes more in the process?

I also wish I knew more on this, but I rarely have time set aside to really take my studies on this further as of now (I'm learning biology and genetics/epigenetics).
don't drink too much milk at night, it will easily be converted to serotonin path instead of niacin path, a glass of milk with sugar 1 hour before bed doesn't give me problems but if i drink more than that i get insomnia, clearly it's serotonin.

don't drink too much milk at night, it will easily be converted to serotonin path instead of niacin path, a glass of milk with sugar 1 hour before bed doesn't give me problems but if i drink more than that i get insomnia, clearly it's serotonin.

Yeah, I've made that mistake before. I tried chugging down milk at night with sugar to make up for missed calories/calcium earlier, and I had both a nightmare and trouble sleeping. I think I'm more wary now on combining sugar with milk unless maybe it's low-fat milk. It's still not "safe" for me to consider drinking too much milk consistently -- I just often settle for high-calcium protein shakes since they're usually lowfat milk and the calcium-density helps avoid the excess tryptophan needed in regular milk to get lots of calcium/protein/etc. (but the tradeoff now is usually carrageenan and some gums unfortunately).

Does anyone know if adding something like niacin/niacinamide to milk will "help" it to the second/other metabolic pathway that ends up as B3 instead of serotonin/melatonin?

I'm thinking if maybe raw milk could come closer to the holy grail of dairy for me.

Aymen

Yeah, I've made that mistake before. I tried chugging down milk at night with sugar to make up for missed calories/calcium earlier, and I had both a nightmare and trouble sleeping. I think I'm more wary now on combining sugar with milk unless maybe it's low-fat milk. It's still not "safe" for me to consider drinking too much milk consistently -- I just often settle for high-calcium protein shakes since they're usually lowfat milk and the calcium-density helps avoid the excess tryptophan needed in regular milk to get lots of calcium/protein/etc. (but the tradeoff now is usually carrageenan and some gums unfortunately).

Does anyone know if adding something like niacin/niacinamide to milk will "help" it to the second/other metabolic pathway that ends up as B3 instead of serotonin/melatonin?

I'm thinking if maybe raw milk could come closer to the holy grail of dairy for me.
good luck with raw milk, it's better of course if you can tolerate and digest it well, it retains vitamin C, for me last time i got an infection from it, i stayed in bed with stomach ache and diarrhea for days, i will not drink it again, but there is not much difference between pasteurized milk and UHT one
i would drink a few glasses every 2-3 hours instead of 1 liter at the same time as too much liquid will cause you to visit the bathroom frequently :(

OP
Lenny

Lenny

It's also questionable about keeping the "metabolic rate high." Is this a good thing if one isn't eating right? I'm not sure if keeping things running faster is good if one isn't getting a well-balanced diet and good quality foods, proteins/aminos, micros and macros and eating the right stuff together and etc.
This is intresting.

I experience the same thing. When i'm stressed out and not breathing deeply I become VERY tired after drinking raw goatmilk with sugar. It happened to me today, i drank the milk and instantly went to bed, having tons of thoughts flying threw my head. After 90 mins of this I was fine again and drank some more milk with less sugar and no problems this time :D. Ive been drinking raw goat milk for 3 days. Untill now it goes down pretty good, but sometimes I immediately feel sleepy and wanne lay down, which I think is duo to the serotonin. It really depends on my mood before drinking it ( stressed out or not)

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Do you remember who said this? Iv'e noticed that when my stress is high (e.g metabolic rate is worse), im having a hard time digesting it.

peter88

it's ok if you can tolerate it, the last time i got raw milk i got an infection.
did the infection go away on its own? i drank raw milk a while back and now deal with a bunch of intestinal infection like symptoms. I cant even drink milk anymore because of this.

Aymen

did the infection go away on its own? i drank raw milk a while back and now deal with a bunch of intestinal infection like symptoms. I cant even drink milk anymore because of this.
Yes, i should have used antibiotics to get rid of the infection but i didn't, i drank raw milk 2 weeks ago and i didn't get an infection, if the milk has high amount of bad bacteria you will get sick, a healthy cow makes healthy bacteria and therefore a healthy milk, i think it's best to never drink raw milk unless you get it from a trusted farmer, if not then warming it will make it safe to drink.

Try a course of tetracycline antibiotics and i think you will be able to drink milk again.

peter88

Yes, i should have used antibiotics to get rid of the infection but i didn't, i drank raw milk 2 weeks ago and i didn't get an infection, if the milk has high amount of bad bacteria you will get sick, a healthy cow makes healthy bacteria and therefore a healthy milk, i think it's best to never drink raw milk unless you get it from a trusted farmer, if not then warming it will make it safe to drink.

Try a course of tetracycline antibiotics and i think you will be able to drink milk again.
I have doxycycline and amoxicillin, which one do you think would be better?

Aymen

I have doxycycline and amoxicillin, which one do you think would be better?
Ray peat thinks that tetracycline antibiotics are the safest, amoxicilin is a penicilin-type antibiotic.

I have never used penicilin, only doxycycline when i get a flu or a gut infection, i think it's best to use antibiotics only when someone gets sick, i tried 20 mg doxycycline once every week and everytime i swallow the capsule it causes me gut issues after a few hours and headaches the next morning, antibiotics alters the gut microbionne so be careful when using them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom