Thoughts On My Labs (ABC123)

OP
A

Abc123

So I did end up seeing an Endocrinologist. I did have some labs done. Note I have been dieting to drop body fat to stop the aromatase the past 3 weeks . I was at 209lbs. Im now down to 202lbs

Results Are
DHEA - 92
Ferritin - 19.9
Test Total - 738
Test Free - 105
TSH - 16.34
FREE T4 - 0.8
Thyroid Peroxidase - 387

My TSH has really gone up. The Endo wants to put me on 150mcg of Levothyroxine. But when I was last taking it i gained like 7-8lbs in 4 weeks. Then had all kinds of nipple swelling and puffyness.

Any input is greatly appreciated! I just want to feel good again and have a libido and sex drive.

OP
A

Abc123

I would love to hear your thoughts @haidut I listen to all your podcasts with danny roddy. Extremely great information!

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would love to hear your thoughts @haidut I listen to all your podcasts with danny roddy. Extremely great information!

Well, I think this should be a good lesson not to diet any more. Dieting lowers T4/T3 and raises TSH. I would ask for NDT instead of pure thyroxine. Even Armor, with all of its changes is still better than pure T4. Your DHEA is close to the lower end of normal, so I would keep testing that and if it does not go up it means estrogen is still high and thyroid function is low.

OP
A

Abc123

Well, I think this should be a good lesson not to diet any more. Dieting lowers T4/T3 and raises TSH. I would ask for NDT instead of pure thyroxine. Even Armor, with all of its changes is still better than pure T4. Your DHEA is close to the lower end of normal, so I would keep testing that and if it does not go up it means estrogen is still high and thyroid function is low.
Thank you! Reason I started dieting is because after starting the T4 on November 22, 2016 I was gaining weight very quickly even after bringing calories down. When I started the meds my morning wood was gone. 4th week into the meds I started developing gynecomastia. So I stopped the T4 on December 28, 2016.

I then started supplementing with Vit E and B Complex to inhibit the Aromatase. And Ive been dieting to drop the extra body fat. Im down to 202lbs but still having some nipple puffyness. Those Labs I posted are from Feb 9, 2017. Roughly 6 weeks after stopping the T4.

I called the DR today and received the results. He wants to put me back on Levothyroxine at 150mcg. I left a message informing him about the symptoms from when I was last on the meds. I will ask for NDT once I get to speak to him. Thanks Georgi

OP
A

Abc123

So as of now I'm feeling stuck. My primary care DR could not help me. So she referred me to see the Endo. All the Endo did was take Labs and tell me to start taking Levothyroxine at 150mcg (triple the dose of what I was taking before).

I have not been on any thyroid Meds since 12/28/16. Im still trying to learn as my as I can about the Thyroid.

So since my TSH is high and the TPO is high, this means I have Hashimotos? The endo only wants to give me Levothyroxine.

What do you guys suggest I do? Thank you!

Wagner83

There's a good amount of evidence that for some people T4 worsen symptoms. From what I understand it becomes interesting if it can get converted into T3 , for that there are a number of things you should look into (liver health is one). Ray has told the story of docs giving more and more T4 to a lady as she was not improving on lower doses, she ended up in a coma which was resolved by T3..

OP
A

Abc123

There's a good amount of evidence that for some people T4 worsen symptoms. From what I understand it becomes interesting if it can get converted into T3 , for that there are a number of things you should look into (liver health is one). Ray has told the story of docs giving more and more T4 to a lady as she was not improving on lower doses, she ended up in a coma which was resolved by T3..
My liver Health is in Decent Shape. Here are the Labs from 2/09/17
AST - 37 (13-39)
ALT - 37 (7-52)

My diet is very Pro Peat too. Milk, Cheese, Eggs, Gelatin, Carrot Salad, Raisins, Apples, Brazil Nut(2 per day)

Wagner83

What are the symptoms that led you to start T4 supplementation? (which seems to have raised TSH)
Do some research on T4 to T3 conversion, I don't have much knowledge on that.

OP
A

Abc123

What are the symptoms that led you to start T4 supplementation? (which seems to have raised TSH)
Do some research on T4 to T3 conversion, I don't have much knowledge on that.
My Dr told me my thyroid was a little under active. This was before I had any knowledge of hormones. I know a good amount of Natural Testosterone Optimization but trying to learn more about the Thyroid.

So I didn't know anything about Thyroid. The Dr said my Thyroid is under active and that this medication would help me from the fatigue and low libido and energy. Im thinking the cause could of been from Over Exercising and Estrogen Dominance?

OP
A

Abc123

Well under eating (dieting) and over exercising is a pretty awful combo.
Indeed! I dieted because all the fat I gained from the Levothyroxine. Now I've brought calories back up. Im sure TSH will come down some. But not sure what the TPO antibodies will do

haidut

Forum Supporter
So as of now I'm feeling stuck. My primary care DR could not help me. So she referred me to see the Endo. All the Endo did was take Labs and tell me to start taking Levothyroxine at 150mcg (triple the dose of what I was taking before).

I have not been on any thyroid Meds since 12/28/16. Im still trying to learn as my as I can about the Thyroid.

So since my TSH is high and the TPO is high, this means I have Hashimotos? The endo only wants to give me Levothyroxine.

What do you guys suggest I do? Thank you!

I would insist on getting Armor or T4/T3 combination. The doctor cannot refuse it unless there is medical reason to go with T4 only. He will resist but you can politely remind him that you have the right to choose ANY drug from a list of drugs approved for a given condition UNLESS the doctor can present a medical reason that T4/T3 or NDT would be bad for you. These cases are rare and usually have to do with allergies to NDT. So, keep calm and say you want to try some other options and that you gained weight on T4 and you believe T4 only is not affecting you well. Don't lie, but be firm. You are his client and you have federally guaranteed rights that this clown must honor, even though he may hate your guts for it.

OP
A

Abc123

I would insist on getting Armor or T4/T3 combination. The doctor cannot refuse it unless there is medical reason to go with T4 only. He will resist but you can politely remind him that you have the right to choose ANY drug from a list of drugs approved for a given condition UNLESS the doctor can present a medical reason that T4/T3 or NDT would be bad for you. These cases are rare and usually have to do with allergies to NDT. So, keep calm and say you want to try some other options and that you gained weight on T4 and you believe T4 only is not affecting you well. Don't lie, but be firm. You are his client and you have federally guaranteed rights that this clown must honor, even though he may hate your guts for it.
Thank you @haidut ! I've been overwhelming myself with my situation. Reading tons of threads and collecting as much data as I can. It's actually causing me more stress. I have to just let it be and accept it. When I hear back from the Endo I will ask him for Armor or T4/T3 combination. Once again thanks Georgi I really appreciate your time!
I'm sure more questions will come up. For now my main focus needs to be getting my Thyroid in order.

My biggest fear on taking Thyroid again is gaining all the weight back again and loosing my sex drive and libido. I'm not sure if this was because the Levothyroxine increased SHBG which lowered DHT and increased Estrogen causing the nipple puffiness. I still have some puffiness in the nipples. I think I could be Estrogen Dominant as well.

Last edited:
OP
A

Abc123

So i just got word back from the Labs. They screwed up and forgot to give me my other blood labs. I also have to go back in for them to Retest ACTH. So I will be doing that this week. I did received my Results for DHT, FREE T3 and TOTAL T3. I will put them together will all my other Labs Below.

TSH - 16.34 (0.34-5.60)
T4 - 0.8 (0.8-2.7)
Free T3 - 186 (210-440)
Total T3 - 93 (76-181)
TPO - 387 (<9)
Ferritin - 19.9 (23.6-336.2)
Total Test - 738 (250-1100)
Free Test- 105.5 (35-155)
DHT - 27 (16-79)
DHEA - 92 (85-690)
SHBG - 45 (10-50)
AST - 37 (13-39)
ALT - 37 (7-52)

The endo is not in the office this week. But I did request if I can try a NDT T4/T3 instead of Levothyroxine. The receptionist will forward him the message. Any input is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

OP
A

Abc123

Hey everyone! So I've just started Armour Thyroid at 1.5gr(90mg) today! I told the endo I can not take the Levo or Synthyroid. This is my first time trying NDT. I really hope it works out for me!

I will be monitoring temperatures upon waking up. Also 1 hr after breakfast.

Do you guys have any advice or recommendations? Thank you!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone! So I've just started Armour Thyroid at 1.5gr(90mg) today! I told the endo I can not take the Levo or Synthyroid. This is my first time trying NDT. I really hope it works out for me!

I will be monitoring temperatures upon waking up. Also 1 hr after breakfast.

Do you guys have any advice or recommendations? Thank you!

Given your high TSH, low fT3 and low ferritin it is pretty clear case of hypothyroidism. I would take the Armour for a month and then retest.

OP
A

Abc123

Given your high TSH, low fT3 and low ferritin it is pretty clear case of hypothyroidism. I would take the Armour for a month and then retest.
Great, thank you @haidut will will continue with the Armour Thyroid.

I'm also wondering if/when my TSH and T4/T3 are in range. Will my DHEA and DHT levels come up? I feel that this hypothyroid has been the cause of my low sex drive. I have been reading into your Product Pansterone. I think it would be best to get the thyroid in order first. And then see if the DHEA improves. Then decide on supplementing with Pansterone.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Great, thank you @haidut will will continue with the Armour Thyroid.

I'm also wondering if/when my TSH and T4/T3 are in range. Will my DHEA and DHT levels come up? I feel that this hypothyroid has been the cause of my low sex drive. I have been reading into your Product Pansterone. I think it would be best to get the thyroid in order first. And then see if the DHEA improves. Then decide on supplementing with Pansterone.

Steroid levels should go up bu I don't know how long it will take for this happen as a result of the Armour. In some people it takes a little as 2 weeks and in others it takes months. But I think after a month it should be visible if that dose is goind any benefit.

OP
A

Abc123

Steroid levels should go up bu I don't know how long it will take for this happen as a result of the Armour. In some people it takes a little as 2 weeks and in others it takes months. But I think after a month it should be visible if that dose is goind any benefit.
Thanks again @haidut ! I will keep updating as I go! I really appreciate your time!

OP
A

Abc123

So I'm about one week on the NDT. I'm definitely feeling better. The cold feet and hands symptoms are going away. I'm able to go longer in between meals. Energy levels are picking up but still not where I would like to be. I've been on 1.5gr of Armour Thyroid. Taking half the dose in the morning then the other half at noon time. Temperatures are coming up as well. But not in the 98* range yet. I go for blood work in another week. Most likely I will have to increase Armour by about 1/2gr every 2 weeks until I'm in the 2-3gr range.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals