Thoughts on My Cholesterol Results

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, was in to see my dr today and he said he was highly impressed with my results. He said its the highest he has ever seen and he doesn't want me to die of a heart attack so he is prescribing me one drug, and then most likely he will put me on another drug when I come back in a month.

Any thoughts on these results? As a lot of you know I haven't been steady with the thyroid supplementing due to hard heartbeat, but that, is changed now and I am full steam ahead on that. I was back on thyroid about 2 weeks maybe,, on a real small dose before this test was taken. I will be going back in one month for another recheck of cholesterol, I am thinking of cranking up the thyroid.

My results:

Cholesterol 335

High Density 37.4

Low Density 264.5

CHOL/HDL 8.96

TRIG 169

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh yeh, definitely j.

Hope this brand of thyroid I am taking is worth the flip. My temps are raising, pulse not so much. Some improvement, so it must be good, just not taking enough yet.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
J, its been a few years. But, my cholesterol has always been high. They had me on pills as a kid for it. I have been extremely sick all my life from low thyroid. However, the drs were of course treating everything else instead of the thyroid. Makes me so angry. It was everything I could do to keep my mouth shut in the drs office today. But I know, that will just be a major waste of energy.

I am gonna pump up the thyroid supplementing. If it doesnt come down in this next month, I will switch over to thyroid-s and see if that maybe works better then the thiroyd.

cliff

Taking more thyroid sounds good, have you tried b3? it can lower cholesterol too.

Just looked and it seems like only niacin(not niacianmide) in large doses lowers cholesterol, weird. Thyroids probably your best bet :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am starting B3 back up tomorrow in hopes of it helping thyroid function. Its just every time I start taking B3 my hair falls out faster.

Gonna boost up the thyroid starting tomorrow too. Also might throw in some pregnenolone for kicks.

Mittir

Charlie, RP mentioned that we need vitamin A to covert cholesterol to other hormones. Then again you can not take too much Vit A , that will block your thyroid. That is why he recommends about 4-6 oz of liver per week. Do you eat liver every week?
He also suggested nibbling on T3 through out the day , since half life of T3 is 2 hours. Did you ever try this method? You will also need mix of t4 and t3 as supplement, not just t3. I think asking Peat about your high cholesterol would be a good idea if this number is too high.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mittir, I am getting enough liver I think. I do eat liver once a week, sometimes twice.

I have not tried the T3 nibble method due to lack of funds. I am taking dessicated thyroid right now. And am about to bump it up to 2 grains. Maybe I will spread the dose out to every couple of hours.

Ray Peats response to me:

Ray Peat said:
That's suggestive of fairly low thyroid function. You should keep track of changes in your resting pulse rate, and your temperature.

So, my plan is to ramp up the thiroyd(its the brand from Thailand) for this month, recheck cholesterol and see if its helping. If not, I will switch over to Thyroid-s and give that a shot for a month or 2. There was a member here who took thyroid-s and he had an extremely low TSH from it, so, you know it works. I am getting results in body temp, and some energy from the thiroyd. If the thyroid-s does not do it. Then I will go ahead and break down and get the cytomel and cynomel and try it that way. Just really hoping I can pull it off with the dessicated thyroid instead of having to pay more out of pocket for the synthetic.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No way! Didn't even consider it for a second.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Jenn, I expect it will come down once I ramp up the thyroid supplement.

R

ratcheer

Mine dropped below 200 for the first time in years recently - so I'm upping the egg yolks to compensate.

jnhermann

Other than Peat's thyroid remedy for high cholesterol, there is a cure for heart disease that will not only lower cholesterol but completely remove plaque. It was discovered by Linus Pauling (The Father of Modern Chemistry), the only man ever to be awared 2 unshared Nobel Prizes. Ray Peat has mentioned Linus Pauling.

Google and research "Linus Pauling Therapy". It is amazing. The only reason nobody knows about it is because heart disease can be cured easily and cheap, without drugs. It would erase a multi trillion dollar industry overnight in the US alone.

His therapy is quite Peat-like.

The cause of heart disease is a chronic deficiency in ascorbate (vitamin C). Scurvy is a heart disease that caused bleeding and led to a slow death. Scurvy is cured by Vitamin C. But more vitamin C is needed to cure modern day heart disease. In addition to Vitamin C, extra L-LYSINE is needed in order to properly make COLLAGEN (Which Peat would agree is very important - Gelatin!). Also, Lysine binds with lipoprotein (a) which Pauling discovered to be the single and only predictor of death from heart disease - not LDL, which is too general. There is a blood test for lipoprotein (a). If you are over 20, you are at risk. Conventional medicine's official stance on lipoprotein (a) is that diet and lifestyle changes have NO effect on lipoprotein (a). There is no drug that can lower lipoprotein (a). Yet, anyone who does the cheap Pauling Therapy will decrease their lipoprotein (a) without fail.

Without enough Vitamin C the body cannot properly produce enough collagen which is vital for the integrity of blood vessel wall. So if we eat a lot of gelatin, but dont take in enough vitamin C (Orange juice actually does not provide much vitamin c) the body will not be able to make all the collagen it needs from the amino acids.

Humans, primates, and guinea pigs are the only mammals that cannot synthesize their own ascorbate and must get it from diet. Animals do not get heart disease. Animals manufacture the human equivalent of 9,000 to 12,000 mgs of vitamin c per day.

10,000 mgs of vitamin C a day (ideally sodium ascorbate - 2 grams vitamin c powder plus 1 gram baking soda) and 6 grams of L-Lysine will reverse heart disease in about 1 month. Gelatin lakes collagen has about 4.25 grams of lysine per 100 grams of gelatin, fyi.

Cholesterol values will drop along with lipoprotein (a).

Cured!!

So eat lots of gelatin, take lots of vitamin c, and take a little extra l-lysine powder with the gelatin and vitamin C. On top of that, just need a small amount of niacin (not niacinamide) in the diet.

Anyhow, google "Linus Pauling Therapy" and read all you can. Let me know your thoughts.

I just discovered this myself. And it just so happens that I have some l-lysine powder and vitamin c powder (along with Great Lakes Gelatin) in my kitchen.

Between thyroid and this.....good by cardiovascular issues for life!

Bryan

My cholesterol was 334 mg/dl and few years ago, but last time it got checked it was 189 mg/dl so it can change pretty dramatically with supplements and diet. I was also under extreme stress at the time so who knows. The cardiologist that looked at it didn't blink an eye though, Just said "well, it was high in past... so we should check again soon" Some paper I got afterwards said "high cholesterol" on it, along with the other problems that I won't get into. I guess once you have it you're basically put in that category forever, because that's just the way you are! Doctors are trained in not thinking, so even if you succeed at lowering it, they won't care. I used to think of it like a contest "I'll show them!", but it's rigged, there's no winning, they're too qualified to be wrong.

Don't bother with it, just focus on not dying or going crazy and stuff.

J

j.

Charlie, I wonder if your palpitations are caused only by a specific brand or type of thyroid supplementation. Maybe switching to another one will make the problem go away.

Lucy

Charlie, I used Thiroyd (I think that's the same brand you're taking now) with lots of success, it got rid of most of my symptoms and also lowered my cholesterol. If I don't supplement thyroid my cholesterol is usually too high (except if I eat a very low-fat diet, but I don't feel good doing that), and when I took enough thyroid it at times even got below the limit, it worked amazingly well for that. So I think you're on the right path :)

Lucy

Oh and BTW, my heart was also pounding in the beginning, not as bad as you have it probably, but very noticeable. I think that totally disappeared with time, or maybe I just got used to it... :) anyway, good luck with everything!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Lucy, thank you for chiming in.

I am using "Thiroyd" brand from Thailand. Is that the one you are using?

And yes, the more thiroyd I use, the better I feel. The further I get down the road with it, the better everything gets.

And yes, the pounding heartbeat is indeed a normal heartbeat that all of us should have. But because our bodies are in survival mode our hearts are barely beating. My hard heartbeat has come back just recently and I welcome it with open arms. And most likely yours is still beating hard. But we just get use to it. Check out what Dr. Lowe says about the pounding:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1103

Thanks again, Lucy!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals