Thoughts On L-Carnitine

Frankdee20

Good data to support an increase in androgen receptors from using this product. Seems to also effect Free Fatty Acids. I have elevated Triglycerides, so anything can helps that is great. Any anti Peat views ? How is this different from Creatine ?

johnwester130

it's deeply anti - peat

"Coconut oil is unusually rich in short and medium chain fatty acids. Shorter chain length allows fatty acids to be metabolized without use of the carnitine transport system. Mildronate, which I discussed in an article on adaptogens, protects cells against stress partly by opposing the action of carnitine, and comparative studies showed that added carnitine had the opposite effect, promoting the oxidation of unsaturated fats during stress, and increasing oxidative damage to cells. I suspect that a degree of saturation of the oxidative apparatus by short-chain fatty acids has a similar effect--that is, that these very soluble and mobile short-chain saturated fats have priority for oxidation, because they don't require carnitine transport into the mitochondrion, and that this will tend to inhibit oxidation of the unstable, peroxidizable unsaturated fatty acids."

5 Health Supplements That Are Bad For You

TeaRex14

If you feel like you're improving with it so be it. But yeah, Peat doesn't have a very high opinion on carnitine. Basically speaking, carnitine helps support fat metabolism when we're trying to support glucose metabolism. Creatine is used to build muscle more efficiently. There's a lot of science supporting it allegedly, but it's never helped me much.

ddjd

its anti thyroid, increases lipolysis, - everything peat is against

Spondive

Good data to support an increase in androgen receptors from using this product. Seems to also effect Free Fatty Acids. I have elevated Triglycerides, so anything can helps that is great. Any anti Peat views ? How is this different from Creatine ?
Interesting because I had an increase in libido from it but stopped taking it longtime ago because Peat was not for it

Curiousman

Carnitine made me fat. It's great for brain fog and libido.

LuMonty

Carnitine and acetyl-l-carnitine as supplements both give me a short term boost in physical ability, but in a few days I always got massive migraines and nausea. Seeing what others have posted, I can't recommend it.

I've used creatine without problems for about a year. It helps both my physical performance (what's left) and my sleep apnea. You'd want to use the search to make sure. but IIRC Peat said creatine is safe. I don't remember if he gave his thoughts if it was necessary or not.

serling78

I've been experimenting with l-carnitine and propionyl carnitine and have found that l-carnitine actually helps me with libido (which is rare for any supplement for me) but also causes serious constipation. I'm very confused about the constipation because I thought l-carnitine was supposed to specifically be good for relieving constipation. Has anyone else experienced this?

With the propionyl form I don't see the constipation side effects but I also see no libido benefits.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals