Thoughts on Bryan Johnson's "epigenetic age reducing diet - Blueprint"?

Apple

Absolutely delusional. Unlikely he's even on a trajectory for even normal longevity. They really do believe their own bull****.
Why not? Those who survived concentration camps pretty often make it to 100 yo and beyond. I think some form of starvation (like the diet he is on ) in his age can make him pretty resiliant to death in general.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Risingfire, yes it’s too bad he bought the vegan propaganda. I think he’d probably be better served by including some animal protein. Vegetarian would be adequate.

Nebula

Why not? Those who survived concentration camps pretty often make it to 100 yo and beyond. I think some form of starvation (like the diet he is on ) in his age can make him pretty resiliant to death in general.
The pounds of blended raw vegetables per day are a very odd choice for longevity. I guess he's trying to get a lot of fresh unprocessed antioxidants? He's currently boasting of 95 F body temperature. I remember waking up ice cold on a very high vegetable diet too.

Vajra

He is taking Dutasteride injections (VERY bad for you) for his hair along with Minoxidil.
I don't think this has been verified, but the idea behind dutasteride mesotherapy (injected just into the scalp) is that it actually is less capable of going systemic than minoxidil (due to a heavier molecular weight), even though it indeed seems like overkill with the unselectivity of 5-AR subtypes.

Risingfire

@Risingfire, yes it’s too bad he bought the vegan propaganda. I think he’d probably be better served by including some animal protein. Vegetarian would be adequate.
Yea @Blossom I agree. Ray always said protein from vegetables was the worst form of protein. He seems so proud of his 95.5 body temperature. That's horrific. I felt awful when I was that low.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Risingfire, yes I’d rather live a shorter amount of time with higher a quality of life and enjoy my food. I’m not convinced his diet will impart any longevity benefits though.

Sefton10

@Risingfire, yes I’d rather live a shorter amount of time with higher a quality of life and enjoy my food. I’m not convinced his diet will impart any longevity benefits though.
It seems his gamble is suffer now until technology gets to the stage where immortality is possible, then enjoy life. Fool’s gold if ever there was.

Risingfire

Agreed. I bet he will have cancer or heart disease by time he's in his 50/60's if he continues this path. Very sad.

He needs a suction device to relieve himself to go number two. We know that's a sign of a poor metabolism. I wouldn't be shocked if he abandons this lifestyle in 2-4 years.

Risingfire

No he doesn't. Probably you saw a satirical tweet alleging the same.
Sure

1685632475263.png

Furthermore, he's placing himself in the top 1% of legpress for 18 year olds. What a loser! No respectable man who goes to the gym would ever be caught dead bragging about legpress.

Risingfire

You made a baseless claim which you can't back up, but I guess you're too much of a respectable man to admit it.
good ad hominin attack.

Maybe I'm too autistic to recognize the satirical nature of that tweet though most people would agree who have had low body temperatures on this forum know that constipation is a common symptom. And that's based

You raised the issue of respectable male behaviour, not me. Ad hominem attacks are not per se fallacious, though they can be, and being deceived is not "based".

andrewlee224

I think it's good that he's experimenting, and putting some focus on longevity.
It seems strange that some people on this forum would be against this in principle. The way he approaches it doesn't seem to be very consistent with Peat's research though.
And I agree that he does not visually look to be very healthy. It would be interesting to see results of a Peat-inspired scientifically measured protocol like his.

Hidden49

If you watch the video I linked, this man looks incredibly pale (likely means his Iron metabolism is not working properly) and he’s slightly slim in the face. The fact his life is now centred around his longevity protocol yet looks like this at the same time, shows he is a bit delusional and not the smartest.

And taking 100 supplements a day is a ridiculous idea, they are all likely to counter each other in some way while being hard on the liver at the same time.

View: https://youtu.be/j_AtQ6N4jQc

Apple

If you watch the video I linked, this man looks incredibly pale (likely means his Iron metabolism is not working properly) and he’s slightly slim in the face. The fact his life is now centred around his longevity protocol yet looks like this at the same time, shows he is a bit delusional and not the smartest.

And taking 100 supplements a day is a ridiculous idea, they are all likely to counter each other in some way while being hard on the liver at the same time.

View: https://youtu.be/j_AtQ6N4jQc

Yeah, lizards can live pretty long , Crocodiles in captivity have been known to reach 100 years old, despite being green.
Ray Peat diet is not about longevity , but rather about quality .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals