Thoughts On 5ar And Post Finasteride Syndrome

Vicecaz

I didnt use finasteride, but accutane

I had the same symptoms of the typical PFS, plus the dry eyes

I'm making progress following a protocol and experimentations and reversed a lot of symptoms over these past months, some are still present.

ShotTrue

My opinion on pfs is that even though finasteride causes a lot of damage the severe sexual disfunction is nothing more than exacerbated performance anxiey.

And again i am not saying that finasteride is safe in any case i am just saying that if some people can take finasteride for years and still have sex then its highly
unlikely that people who only use it for a month or a couple of weeks can get such severe physical sexual disfunction heck there are people who report pfs after one dosage.

As someone who had performance anxiety myself i know very well that the mind is extremely powerful and even though you are completely healthy otherwise you can make yourself impotent just by thinking about it.

Now think about it someone who is anxious about sex and creates a state of performance anxiety and also takes a drug like finasteride that blocks neuro steroids and increases anxiety even more not to mention the placebo effect of finasteride which makes you expect to suffer sexual disfunction you are basically doomed to suffer the worst performance anxiety ever.

this is why people who don't give a ***t about side effects can still function normally.
this is also why many report benzos to cure pfs because of the lowered anxiety.

of course blocking dht will probably lower libido and erection quality somewhat there is noone who claims otherwise but i don't think its enough to cause complete and permanent sexual disfunction.

pseudo hermaphrodites are able to have sex and procreate without the type II 5-ar.
also millions of men on finasteride have sex normally even after many years of using it.

I am not saying that anyone should take finasteride the substance is probably very dangerous i am also not trying to call pfs sufferers liars or anything i just think that our brains are powerful and you shouldn't underestimate their influence on us either bad or good.

Also i feel for pfs sufferers and really want to help them and i believe that working it in your head and stopping stressing about it is as beneficial if not more as
supplements drugs etc.
It's not perfomance anxiety... dht has a role in lbidio and erectile function

ShotTrue

First of all i disagree with the "victim logic" if it didn't happen to you you can't have a stance because it is an emotional attack more than a logical conclusion.

Of course you are going to produce less semen if you block dht what did you expect to happen?
and of course you are gonna have lower libido and reduced erection quality you are blocking 5-ar you cant expect it to not have any impact.

Also i agree people who crash are probably in a very bad state already.

But there are many people who can handle the drug pretty well for many years.
So we should see every aspect and have come to a non biased conclusion.

Half the people say its completely fine finasteride is awesome. Other half say it ruined my life.

What can one drug have such borderline opposite effects there must be something we are missing.
Probably just how different people react to the drug. Not a difference in psychological perception

PurpleHeart

I'm making progress following a protocol and experimentations and reversed a lot of symptoms over these past months, some are still present.

Well i'm glad you are able to get better and hope you will make a full recovery.

What bugs me is that accutane and fin can cause the same symptoms but accutane can actually cause hair loss instead of causing hair growth which is really weird.
Things are so complicated when it comes to hair loss dammit someone must solve this already millions of people suffer from hair loss we need to study it more.

i think people underestimate the negative effects things like acne and hair loss can have on the psyche of a person.
it can cause depression anxiety and complete distortion of identity and make you suicidal.
This is why so many people resort to dangerous drugs like finasteride or accutane even though they know they can potentially be damaged for life.

I am desperate to find the solution for hair loss i am not kidding if i ever found it i would just give it to everyone for free this is how much i hate hairloss.

Do you mind telling us your protocol? I took accutane for a year. Also have you done a hormone panel? Im curious to see if other users of the drug present similar blood values.

Vicecaz

@Alex Jaramillo

Sure,
I'm following the Cdnuts protocol in its entirety, diet, herbs, sports, cold showers, supplements, meditation, HIIT, cycled R-andro, and I did some experimentations with several things; Electrolytes (Mgcl, Kcl,), taurine, glycine, TUDCA. I feel that the peptide PT141 (Bremelanotide) is giving benefits too.

I've also tried many things with little to no benefit for my remaining symptoms; herbs and supplements with antifungals properties, multivitamins, Licorice root, to name a few

ShotTrue

@Alex Jaramillo

Sure,
I'm following the Cdnuts protocol in its entirety, diet, herbs, sports, cold showers, supplements, meditation, HIIT, cycled R-andro, and I did some experimentations with several things; Electrolytes (Mgcl, Kcl,), taurine, glycine, TUDCA. I feel that the peptide PT141 (Bremelanotide) is giving benefits too.

I've also tried many things with little to no benefit for my remaining symptoms; herbs and supplements with antifungals properties, multivitamins, Licorice root, to name a few
Licorice root is estrogenic

@Alex Jaramillo

Sure,

No blood tests though?

Vicecaz

Everything came normal except some liver enzymes, platelets, and cholesterol. Clearly my liver got hit hard and I feel like TUDCA reversed some of the damage, not time

Hormonally i don’t remember, I’ll have to find the files if you’re interested

Alpha

Well i'm glad you are able to get better and hope you will make a full recovery.

What bugs me is that accutane and fin can cause the same symptoms but accutane can actually cause hair loss instead of causing hair growth which is really weird.
Things are so complicated when it comes to hair loss dammit someone must solve this already millions of people suffer from hair loss we need to study it more.

i think people underestimate the negative effects things like acne and hair loss can have on the psyche of a person.
it can cause depression anxiety and complete distortion of identity and make you suicidal.
This is why so many people resort to dangerous drugs like finasteride or accutane even though they know they can potentially be damaged for life.

I am desperate to find the solution for hair loss i am not kidding if i ever found it i would just give it to everyone for free this is how much i hate hairloss.

I stopped finasteride 2 years ago.

My penis is now a dark rubbery meat, and I can't feel touching myself, or from someone else. My penis is essentially useless, and I don't know what sexual pleasure feels like anymore, only from memory.

No amount of anti-anxiety medication will change that.

lampofred

The current theory is the individuals who get PFS were already metabolically sick.

I think this is it. Finasteride messes up the activity of 5ar in the nervous system, but 5ar is only necessary when you don't have enough energy to produce progesterone to counteract estrogen. 5ar allows you to produce powerful estrogen antagonists with less metabolic energy, but at the cost of hair loss. Since hair loss sufferers are by definition metabolically compromised and producing less progesterone, they are hit hard with PFS, and the ones in the worst metabolic health who were the most reliant on 5ar-derived neurosteroids get hit the hardest. So that means fixing PFS means restoring energy production to the level that you are able to produce enough progesterone to counteract estrogen without needing 5ar, via thyroid, coffee, PUFA depletion, red light, CO2, etc.

In a sense, it's kind of a blessing in disguise, because fixing PFS means operating at a much higher level of mental functioning than before, because you would be running on progesterone instead of 5ar derivatives.

ShotTrue

I stopped finasteride 2 years ago.

My penis is now a dark rubbery meat, and I can't feel touching myself, or from someone else. My penis is essentially useless, and I don't know what sexual pleasure feels like anymore, only from memory.

No amount of anti-anxiety medication will change that.
Fibrosis? Try fixing that, maybe increase bloodflow and increase dopamine

Everything came normal except some liver enzymes, platelets, and cholesterol. Clearly my liver got hit hard and I feel like TUDCA reversed some of the damage, not time

Hormonally i don’t remember, I’ll have to find the files if you’re interested
Yes, I’m interested. Maybe PM me? That’s interesting I tried Taurine not too long ago

Alpha

Fibrosis? Try fixing that, maybe increase bloodflow and increase dopamine
How do you improve fibrosis locally?

I don't know if it's fibrosis. It's thick dark and dry "scaly" skin on the entire shaft.

Moisturizer improves the dryness temporarily, but does nothing for sensation.

Goobz

I think this is it. Finasteride messes up the activity of 5ar in the nervous system, but 5ar is only necessary when you don't have enough energy to produce progesterone to counteract estrogen. 5ar allows you to produce powerful estrogen antagonists with less metabolic energy, but at the cost of hair loss. Since hair loss sufferers are by definition metabolically compromised and producing less progesterone, they are hit hard with PFS, and the ones in the worst metabolic health who were the most reliant on 5ar-derived neurosteroids get hit the hardest. So that means fixing PFS means restoring energy production to the level that you are able to produce enough progesterone to counteract estrogen without needing 5ar, via thyroid, coffee, PUFA depletion, red light, CO2, etc.

In a sense, it's kind of a blessing in disguise, because fixing PFS means operating at a much higher level of mental functioning than before, because you would be running on progesterone instead of 5ar derivatives.

But if 5AR is needed for many of the brain benefits of progesterone, will progesterone even help a PFS sufferer? I mean if 5AR really is not functioning, they wont be able to convert it to allopregnanolone anyway, right?

RisingSun

My opinion on pfs is that even though finasteride causes a lot of damage the severe sexual disfunction is nothing more than exacerbated performance anxiey.

And again i am not saying that finasteride is safe in any case i am just saying that if some people can take finasteride for years and still have sex then its highly
unlikely that people who only use it for a month or a couple of weeks can get such severe physical sexual disfunction heck there are people who report pfs after one dosage.

As someone who had performance anxiety myself i know very well that the mind is extremely powerful and even though you are completely healthy otherwise you can make yourself impotent just by thinking about it.

Now think about it someone who is anxious about sex and creates a state of performance anxiety and also takes a drug like finasteride that blocks neuro steroids and increases anxiety even more not to mention the placebo effect of finasteride which makes you expect to suffer sexual disfunction you are basically doomed to suffer the worst performance anxiety ever.

this is why people who don't give a ***t about side effects can still function normally.
this is also why many report benzos to cure pfs because of the lowered anxiety.

of course blocking dht will probably lower libido and erection quality somewhat there is noone who claims otherwise but i don't think its enough to cause complete and permanent sexual disfunction.

pseudo hermaphrodites are able to have sex and procreate without the type II 5-ar.
also millions of men on finasteride have sex normally even after many years of using it.

I am not saying that anyone should take finasteride the substance is probably very dangerous i am also not trying to call pfs sufferers liars or anything i just think that our brains are powerful and you shouldn't underestimate their influence on us either bad or good.

Also i feel for pfs sufferers and really want to help them and i believe that working it in your head and stopping stressing about it is as beneficial if not more as
supplements drugs etc.

When was the last time asking someone to « stop stressing about their problems » resolved their stress issues?

Seems from your posts that you are neither versed in the medical or the psychological fields, so why come here and repress the hopes of those who come to find relief about their symptoms that are very real?

Besides, PFS is a very complex syndrome that no endocrinologist including myself quite understands, so a discussion like this one is very welcome

@Goobz Yes. So maybe boosting 5 alpha reductase activity over all should be the focus. Since it creates DHT, allopregnenolone, androsterone and all the other beneficial metabolites.

PurpleHeart

When was the last time asking someone to « stop stressing about their problems » resolved their stress issues?

Seems from your posts that you are neither versed in the medical or the psychological fields, so why come here and repress the hopes of those who come to find relief about their symptoms that are very real?

Besides, PFS is a very complex syndrome that no endocrinologist including myself quite understands, so a discussion like this one is very welcome

I am just saying that since no supplement seems to work it's definitely not a bad idea to look into behavioral therapy etc.

Maybe people can reverse some symptoms or at least get some relief from that also reducing stress mentally is not a bad idea for anyone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals