Those who have done keto, how long did it take for your metabolism to go back to normal?

How long before your metabolism went back to normal after quitting keto?

• Total voters

ChadGPT

I did keto for 6 months and then cyclically after that for another year. After a year I started rapidly gaining weight. I haven’t done keto since last October but I still put on weight extremely easily and can’t lose anything even though I’ve started eating less! It’s been almost a year with no improvements. How much longer until I go back to normal?

Nomane Euger

@poopscoop hi,i was doing keto from arround october 2019 to august 2020,i already had what you would associate to"poor metabolism" prior to it,it became worst with keto in many aspects,although if it improved some characteristics,i added honey in september 2020,felt slightly better it some aspects,and quickly felt worst,in january 2021 when i added perfecly ripe oranges,i had drastic improvements,and i no longer had characteristics associated to "poor metabolism",i had great energy

FullLife

I did Keto for about a year a lost a around 20lbs and was at a good weight. But I has at a point I could only eat around 800 calories a day without regaining weight. I started to do ice baths 4 days a week (something new I had read about) and within about 4 weeks my body reset and I could eat normally again. I won't speculate on the science, but that made me believe in the power of ice baths.

LadyRae

It took me a year and 3 months to get my period back and start to feel normal again.