Thorne Ultimate-E Vs. Carlson E-Gems Vs. TocoVit Please Help!

TreasureVibe

Hi there. Which one is the best price wise?

Thorne Ultimate E (Mixed tocopherols only):

Vitamin E 500 IU
€38.77 - 60 servings (gelcaps)
Derived from various oils including soybean oil
I cannot verify if their product is GMO or not. Please examine their quality page to make a verdict: https://www.thorne.com/quality It actually makes no mention of GMO?
Used ''molecular distillation'' to make their product.

Carlson E-Gems Plus (Mixed tocopherols only):
Vitamin E 400 IU
€29.01 - 144 servings (gelcaps)
Unclear from what oils it is derived, derived from soybean oil according to https://www.toxinless.com/vitamin-e but possibly from more oils as well.
It cannot be determined wether or not it is GMO or not. See the following to make a verdict:
Subj: Carlson E-Gems Elite DOES contain GMO

Thank you so much for posting this! Really appreciate sharing the detailed research you've done!

Wanted to let you know that around April 2013, a Technical Dept representative from Carlson Labs provided the following details:

"For the Tocopherol and the Tocotrenols, it IS from a GMO source, but
with all the highly refined oils, the soy-allergen AND the GMO is
significantly removed in the oil-refining process, so it's PCR negative.
This can be confirmed" he said "by the FDA's website."

Most people know how corrupt the FDA is, so the last statement is
even more meaningless to me than what precedes it. Re: the PCR
testing...In my research of other supplement companies, PCR tests can be
misleading and downright deceiving. (e.g., one company I came across
had the audicity of claiming it's product (PB8, old formulation) was
dairy free even though the ingredient was grown on a dairy base).

In my opinion, PCR tests are deceptive b/c if the test is adjusted to
test for 10+ PPM, as an example, and the product has around 9 PPM
(Parts per Million) of the item being tested (e.g., GMO), then "it will
test GMO free" as is stated in the weblink you provided for the
brochure. HOWEVER, it DOES INDEED have GMO in it just in small amounts.

I received a similar response from Carlson a few days ago. This was my question to them:
"What extraction method are you using for the E-Gems and E-Gems Elite supplements? Is Hexane present in the extraction process?
Also, are any of the ingredients GMO (sunflower oil, palm oil or soybean oil)?"

Their reply was:
"Thank you for your inquiry on Carlson’s E-Gems and E-Gems Elite.
Based on the information provided from our suppliers the Vitamin E extraction method uses a solvent which may or may not be Hexane. We do retain residual solvent statement on file that states the product does test below allowable residual levels of any solvent and the product is safe for consumption.
Carlson’s Vitamin E-Gems and E-Gem Elite are GMO-free, meaning that the finished product does not contain any genetically modified material, despite the source material for any of the ingredients in the product. Soybean oil, palm oil and sunflower oil listed on the product label are declared as the source of the vitamin E. The vitamin E is derived from highly refined oil (both non-GMO oil and oil that is GMO-free, but likely from GM soy, sunflower and palm).
Before releasing any product batch for sale it is tested. Carlson does source raw materials from a worldwide market, however all the Quality Control testing and the finished product manufacturing for all of Carlson’s products does occur in the US, with the exception of our liquid fish oil products, which are bottled in Norway. Products must meet Carlson’s high Quality Standards no matter what country raw materials are sourced from, or they are not released for sale."

Source of these 2 quotes: https://www.toxinless.com/vitamin-e#comments

TocoVit (mixed tocopherols and other natural occuring vitamin E substances from wheat germ oil):
Vitamin E 400 IU
€32.26 - 30 servings (liquid drops)
Derived exclusively from wheat germ oil
Unclear if GMO or non-GMO, see https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/tocovit-liquid-vitamin-e-from-wheat-germ-oil.10929/ to make a verdict.

Which one would be the best, price-quality wise? I think it would be Carlson vs. Thorne Research purely due to cost/serving ratio. Which one would be the best? Is Thorne Research really superior or is it just overpriced?

I need to know this for blood thinning for a relative, for a potential thrombosis in the right leg.

Thanks!!!

Edit: An addition:

Health Natura Whole E (Mixed tocopherols only):
Vitamin E 400 IU
€19.34 - 85 servings (liquid drops)
Derived from soybean oil, unclear if derived from any other oils as well.
Non-GMO according to website apparently: https://www.healthnatura.com/product-p/wholee2oz.htm

Last edited:

Obi-wan

Read the thread- Is Supplementing Vit E Actually Bad For You?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Lucenzo01

Tocovit if you can afford it. With the new upgrade is not even that expensive and the quality is on another league. If I would have the funds I would buy it by the kg.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Tocovit if you can afford it. With the new upgrade is not even that expensive and the quality is on another league. If I would have the funds I would buy it by the kg.
Yes I would really like to get it for myself, but I am looking for a bulk type of vitamin E supplement ment for blood thinning and thrombosis prevention only..

Lucenzo01

Hmm interesting, but does it possess the same anti-clotting/vitamin K antagonistic properties as D-alpha-tocopherol-acetate?

Both are alpha tocopherol esters but the succinate is better. Just google alpha tocopherol succinate and you will see how it trumps the rest of the esters used in cancer treatment and prevention studies.

Obi-wan

Yeah, no problem with that. Even Ray Peat quotes studies done only with alpha tocopherol succinate.

Read the thread- Is Supplementing Vit E Actually Bad For You?

Aleeri

I used the thorn vitamin E product 2 years ago. Didn't feel anything from it.

I've just finished one bottle. The only thing I have noticed is more frequent and harder morning wood, so must be doing something :P