Thorne Research vitamin K2 liquid topically does nothing to me

TreasureVibe

Hey all, I have Thorne Research k2 liquid and I put 5 drops on my belly but I'm not feeling any changes in my body, how come?

Could it be because it got warm at the post service? I got it from iherb.

Thank you

Rozy

Hey all, I have Thorne Research k2 liquid and I put 5 drops on my belly but I'm not feeling any changes in my body, how come?

Could it be because it got warm at the post service? I got it from iherb.

Thank you
Hi
Can you feel your liver or kidneys detoxification process?

Keep doing the RIGHT thing, when you need to vitamin k it will be there because you did the right thing.

I don't think heat would damage the vitamin K, unless it was an extreme temperature. Even cooking doesn't affect the vitamin K content of food. Have you tried using it orally to see if it has any effect through this route?

Eldermusl57

You have to just gotten out of the shower with clean skin for best results. Did you do that? And are you saying Vitamin K topical didn't do anything for you one time? How about 2 or 3 ? This stuff isn’t Samantha in Bewitched wiggling her nose magic. You need to be patient.

rei

Just eat it and see if there is an effect, then once you know it works, just titrate the dose topically to need. At least for me high dose K had unamistaken effect, unless it was some other minor additions to the product i took.

youngsinatra

I‘d use it sublingually. It is too expensive for the questionable topical absorption in my opinion.

Applying it into the navel is also interesting to try. The absorption there is higher.

ww3not4me

The idea of Vitamin K being well absorbed through the skin is comical. Very few things that are not toxic solvents absorb well through the skin. Even when talking about hormones like testosterone the absorption through skin is terrible compared to intramuscular or subq injections.

If it did absorb through the skin the idea that it would target the organs closest to the point of application is again comical. Skin is very vascularized and after you get past all of the veins in the skin you hit a layer of fat! Get past the layer of fat and you have protective layers of connective tissue to get through and muscles and then more connective tissue!

Just like when you take an aspirin for a headache it does not know you have a headache and target the cause of the headache it travels through your entire body. If you take vitamin C it does not know you want to detox your liver it again get's sent through the entire body.

Also alcohol absorption through the skin is very low and it is not a great carrier. Now if you are a new born baby than sure alcohol baths are today a no no but since everyone on this sight is a grown up not really an issue. Not to mention that if the alcohol was penetrating the skin well you would have to deal with poisoning of cells from alcohol. Alcohol is lethal to living cells they use pure alcohol to kill heart tissue permanently in a surgical procedure to restore proper rhythm in people with really bad afib.

Lucky for us skin is designed not be very permeable we call it semipermeable for a reason!