Thorne Research - Vitamin K2 Liquid (1 Mg/drop) - 30 Ml (Dosage, Expiration, Storage)

Logan-

*How much K2 do you take every day? How do you determine the dosage? Is there an upper limit?
*How long does it last without losing potency? I am assuming it would last much more than the actual expiry date written on the product without losing efficacy or going rancid. Can I store it for three years without any deterioration of the product, for example?
*How do you store your Thorne K2?

Johnathan5544

I will be eating 100g natto or taking 1,000mcg a day.
Would lose a small % potency after years but not much.
Room temperature.

OP
L

Logan-

Additional Question: How do you take the vitamin (oral, transdermal)? I think ingesting it has caused GI dyscomfort for me, and I suspect the Thorne's product might be allergenic (or I am allergic to it), so I started to apply it on my skin. I don't know if it gets fully absorbed within a few hours or not.

Last edited:

Johnathan5544

I got a supply of natto today. Tastes great yumm. Websites say store it in the fridge so I have. Are you saying it smells like ammonia if stored at room temperature?

I have k2 soft gel caps so orally. I crush them in my mouth to allow some to dissolve, and be absorbed sublingual for faster absorption.

Wagner83

If you type "ammonia natto" on goggle you'll have quite a few suggestions:

Nattō - Wikipedia

Nattō gets its stringiness from the gamma polyglutamic acid. Its odor comes from diacetyl and pyrazines, but if it is allowed to ferment too long, then ammonia is released.[18]
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/natto

Texture modification of soy-based products
J. Guo, X.-Q. Yang, in Modifying Food Texture, 2015
11.5.3 Natto

Furthermore, a prolonged fermentation could lead to firmer texture, higher concentration of ammonia, and lower quantity of mucilage, which decreases the quality of natto (Wei et al., 2001).
I guess the smell should be off when there's much ammonia. The nattokinase content is intriguing:

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/77f2/9a4942b271b56ff0955f8df859a5ee177b9d.pdf
At the therapeutic dosage recommendation of 500 mg per day, the amount of nattokinase is
equivalent to the amount delivered in a 150-g portion of natto. [...]
Because natto is a very potent fibrinolytic agent it is theoretically possible that regular use could break a clot loose from a lower-extremity vein and cause a pulmonary embolism or pass upward and cause a stroke.[...]

Last edited:

Johnathan5544

Interesting. That is a lot of natto kinase in one dose. One page said it is part of the the standard food at Japanese schools. Could be why Japanese people seem to be good students.