Thorne K2 - did I purchase a fake product?

dreamcatcher

Hi guys,

I recently bought a bottle of Thorne vitamin K2 drops (from eBay). The colour of the product is bright yellow and it tastes like cold-pressed sesame seed oil.
I purchased the same product a couple of years ago through Amazon but the taste and colour of the product seemed much lighter and milder at that time.
Could someone comment on this please who also has the product? Thank you.

Attachments

• PXL_20210417_130549272.jpg
    PXL_20210417_130549272.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 35

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
K2 MK 4 is yellowish in color IIRC. It could be that your Amazon product was fake. I am getting very careful ordering any supplements on Amazon anymore. Better to go directly to the source.

miquelangeles

Mine looks similar, maybe with a tint of lighter green. Can someone else confirm? I was also suspicious of the label print quality.

amd

I bought from a reputable source and the formulation changed, the taste was different, but it was for Thorne's K2/D3 product.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

K2 MK 4 is yellowish in color IIRC. It could be that your Amazon product was fake. I am getting very careful ordering any supplements on Amazon anymore. Better to go directly to the source.
Thank you!

Dr. B

Hi guys,

I recently bought a bottle of Thorne vitamin K2 drops (from eBay). The colour of the product is bright yellow and it tastes like cold-pressed sesame seed oil.
I purchased the same product a couple of years ago through Amazon but the taste and colour of the product seemed much lighter and milder at that time.
if youre buying on amazon make sure the items are "fulfilled by amazon". the seller can be whoever, but as long as the items are fulfilled by amazon youre almost certainly getting legit product, and anything you buy has amazons usual return policy, money back guarantee etc. if youre buying an item sold and shipped direct by a seller its harder to get a refund and higher chance product has issues. K2 does have a bit of an odd taste and odor, and it is yellow in color. although im not sure if thornes liquid product has fillers. their k2 capsules have silica and bad filler ingredients.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

if youre buying on amazon make sure the items are "fulfilled by amazon". the seller can be whoever, but as long as the items are fulfilled by amazon youre almost certainly getting legit product, and anything you buy has amazons usual return policy, money back guarantee etc. if youre buying an item sold and shipped direct by a seller its harder to get a refund and higher chance product has issues. K2 does have a bit of an odd taste and odor, and it is yellow in color. although im not sure if thornes liquid product has fillers. their k2 capsules have silica and bad filler ingredients.
Thank you for your help, it's very helpful!

pedmed

Hi guys,

Hi, i'm noticing the same as you. Just received 2 bottles of thorne K2 from iHerb and the taste is completely different from the last bottle and all the previous bottles i purchased. These taste exactly like sesame seed oil while the previous ones had a much more intense taste and slightly bitter that i can't quite describe but is very very different, besides that the liquid from the previous ones seemed to be thicker than this one. I am also having an itchy throat which did not happen with the previous ones. Regarding the color of the liquid I don't notice much difference.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Hi, i'm noticing the same as you. Just received 2 bottles of thorne K2 from iHerb and the taste is completely different from the last bottle and all the previous bottles i purchased. These taste exactly like sesame seed oil while the previous ones had a much more intense taste and slightly bitter that i can't quite describe but is very very different, besides that the liquid from the previous ones seemed to be thicker than this one. I am also having an itchy throat which did not happen with the previous ones. Regarding the color of the liquid I don't notice much difference.
So that's why I returned the product and bought K2 from Healthnatura instead. Btw, if you buy Thorne from an authorized seller, the product should be legit.

PolishSun

I think you could mix K2 with Vitamin E, and the mixture should get brown if both are real.

Back
Top Bottom