This Writing Says That Vinegar Can Be Harmful In The Long Term

InChristAlone

Sounds alarmist. It's the same as saying alcohol is a toxin to the body which it is but people can live long and healthy lives while having small amounts of alcohol. And yes fermented foods carry the risk of throat cancer and stomach cancer but that's probably in high amounts like in countries that put kimchi on everything. Basically most things can be toxic in higher amounts.

Broken man

If you will search, member "Travis" wrote about it in other way, that its beneficial especially against candida. Its true that its acid but people should not drink it by cups, just teaspoon to certain foods. He also wrote about acetobacter species being able to use the acetaldehyde and produce some other acid. I was using few drops with glass of water and had only beneficial effect. About the acetic acid, when ingested its turned into other acids so it should not be a problem.

Logan-

If you will search, member "Travis" wrote about it in other way, that its beneficial especially against candida. Its true that its acid but people should not drink it by cups, just teaspoon to certain foods. He also wrote about acetobacter species being able to use the acetaldehyde and produce some other acid. I was using few drops with glass of water and had only beneficial effect. About the acetic acid, when ingested its turned into other acids so it should not be a problem.

Did Travis recommend vinegar with the mother (fermented vinegar) or the pasteurized version?

yerrag

"The basic component of vinegar (including apple cider vinegar) is diluted acetic acid, which is a toxic waste product in the human body. "

That says it all, as to whether the author is credible. Her next article is on how toxic carbon dioxide is.

Last edited:

Logan-

I think with the mother unpasteurized.

Isn't Ray Peat against using fermented vinegar, because it contains live bacteria and fungi which will colonise in the intestines, its high histamine content, and bacterial & fungal toxins it contains?

Last edited:

Broken man

Isn't Ray Peat against using fermented vinegar, because of it contains live bacteria and fungi which will colonise in the intestines, its high histamine content, and bacterial & fungal toxins it contains?
He is not fan of this type of products but it doesnt mean its bad :D.

Hgreen56

"The basic component of vinegar (including apple cider vinegar) is diluted acetic acid, which is a toxic waste product in the human body. "

That says it all, as to whether the author is credible. Her next article is on how toxic carbon dioxide is.
This article little over exaggerated
Even Aspirin rapidly breaks down into acetic acid, so we stop nu using aspirin now?

There are tons of info that vinagar is good for health.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-02-vinegar-tuberculosis-mycobacteria.html

orewashin

Isn't Ray Peat against using fermented vinegar, because it contains live bacteria and fungi which will colonise in the intestines, its high histamine content, and bacterial & fungal toxins it contains?
Is apple cider vinegar fermented?

Sunrise

I haven't Yet seen benefit of this for my candida tongue thrush since adding braggs applecider teaspoons diluted in water that has previously bicarbonato diluted.

And Sometimes just that vineger in water.

Maybe I am missing Something. Or does It Take weeks ?

Or which could ocmplemnt a candida protocolo based in acetobacter

Maybe of interest: adding vinegar to potatos boiling in water keeps starch intact- good for making French fries but probably not for digestion. Might also apply to starch staying intact from bread when using condiments like ketchup and mustard which contain vinegar