This Will Make You Never Want To Take Vitamin D Ever Again

SOMO

Not that "I was never hospitalized while taking it" inspires confidence in the safety of something... but what benefits did you notice from retinol?

None really, I thought there would be some improvement in skin texture or eyesight, but never noticed any of these.

I was taking maybe 100k IU daily. I never noticed any negative side effects either.

SOMO

What were your symptoms when you were hospitalized?

I felt fine, maybe a bit tired but not crippling tiredness.

I just happened to get bloodwork maybe 2 days before and my doctor called me at 3 in the morning to tell me to check myself into the ER because my Calcium was 16 which can cause kidney failure.

Chris Masterjohn did a video on how taking isolated Fat Soluble vitamins can cause these issues, so the A/D/K should be taken together, if at all.

RWilly

I just happened to get bloodwork maybe 2 days before and my doctor called me at 3 in the morning to tell me to check myself into the ER because my Calcium was 16 which can cause kidney failure.

Chris Masterjohn did a video on how taking isolated Fat Soluble vitamins can cause these issues, so the A/D/K should be taken together, if at all.

Thanks for sharing.

Ras

I will only say that I was hospitalized for Vitamin D toxicity, but was never hospitalized while megadosing Retinol.
How much Vitamin D were you taking?

EDIT:
Nevermind - found it here (50,000 IU/d for 2 months).

Last edited:

Korven

vitamin D box.jpeg

This is how you get your vitamin D folks.

GreekDemiGod

Does anyone know how old is this Morley Robbins guy?
I’m listening to a podcast with him, and he mentions that he is about 30 years older than Matt Blackburn, so he is 65 or so.
That is a rough 65, don’t know nothing about his health history, but he doesn’t look that good for 65.

Dave Clark

I’m listening to a podcast with him, and he mentions that he is about 30 years older than Matt Blackburn, so he is 65 or so.
That is a rough 65, don’t know nothing about his health history, but he doesn’t look that good for 65.
That's probably because he seems to think PUFAs are fine to eat, and promotes things like cod liver oil.

Birdie

Wow, were you really taking 50,000 IU for 2 months? I wonder who recommended that. Amazing. Glad you are okay now.

TheCedar1

This flies in the face of everything I've learnt about Vitamin D.

I actually feel sick reading it.

Is anyone else feeling the same way? How can we justify even supplementing this hormone ever again?!
i know this thread is 3 years old, but you cant expect vitamin D to work if you dont consume calcium or k2.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals