This Will Make You Never Want To Take Vitamin D Ever Again

BigChad

My gut feeling, pun intended, is that if we were meant to get thousands of units of D orally, food or otherwise, you would find it in nature in our food supply. Other than extreme and rare foods like fish liver, etc., most foods have modest amounts of this hormone compared to other fat soluble vitamins. I just don't believe we need to get the amounts they say we do, and it is evident that nature offers it in the highest amounts via sunlight/skin production. I think that low D status is not the cause of disease, but the result of it, and few are taking into account of the active form of D which can be high when storage forms are low.

I think sunlight does not have the calcium promoting phosphate reducing effect oral vitamin d3 has?

MeatOrchid

What are the symptoms of too much vitamin D in the body?
Hello! I did have an "experience" with Throne K2/D like 30 drops on my tummy. It made my ears pop, feel pressure all day and at night I could hear a ringing, like the kind followed after a loud concert. Stopped the supplement and after a couple of days everything went better. I just heard RP say he only supps daily in winter. So maybe the dose makes the poisson and daily supplementation is too much. Will try only on Mon and Fri, and see if that works out. I can see why DR takes these two separate (D & K).

Lucas

I stop taking vitamin D3 but needed to comeback: the brain fog, the low mood was horrible!! Vitamin D3 give-me energy and a peaceful felling!!

anniejohnson

I have had a lot of experience with ear pain and pressure in relation to intestinal inflammation. @MeatOrchid You were applying the supplement to your skin, or using it orally?

Luann

I was "healthy, ambulatory ... premenopausal" with low Vit D level in the 20's, before I was dx with BC. This statement makes me suspect low Vit D levels may be related to high estrogen ( or progesterone defeciency).

Vitamin D is supposed to lower endometriosis likelihood, which is why I take it.

rei

Hello! I did have an "experience" with Throne K2/D like 30 drops on my tummy. It made my ears pop, feel pressure all day and at night I could hear a ringing, like the kind followed after a loud concert. Stopped the supplement and after a couple of days everything went better. I just heard RP say he only supps daily in winter. So maybe the dose makes the poisson and daily supplementation is too much. Will try only on Mon and Fri, and see if that works out. I can see why DR takes these two separate (D & K).
Sounds like you took the first step towards resuming full hearing function! The ringing happens because you hear a new frequency area and your brain is "surprised" by it. As the days go by you learn to ignore this and silence lands again. This is similar to you not noticing the clothes you wear soon after you put them on.

I read a lot about the Trevor marshall Protocol,thats where this is coming from.
marshall is an electrical engineer if i recall correctly,with self described,believable severe autoimmune disease,
foremost Sarcoidosis and also concomitant disease like vitiligo.He treated himself with longer dose doxycycline
and another ABX.Plausible,i looked it up myself,cutaneous sarcoidosis gets healed by 12 months of Doxy or minocycline.
His idea: Disease is produced by latent infection,all is interrelated and so on and so forth.Where he is jumping the
shark is that Vitamin D is not necessary.It is,he accepts it,but wants us to agonize the Vitamin D receptor not with
Vitamin D metabolites and such,but with an in-silico analysed Ligand with higher affinity for the receptor,and this would be
Olmesartan.A bloodpressure chemical,which happens to have also allegedly affinity for VDR -Receptor.
It was a worthy try.But lots of the mystery-diseases typically lined up like gulph-war syndrome(read military psych-evaluation:in a subset of cases,it is poisoning by an prophylactic malarial compound,brain stem pathology),Bipolar,
Parkinson and such did not respond,even after years of convoluted treatment.But worthy try and good thinking.
Mystery diseases are stemming from Hi-Salt autoimmunity is my hunch.:satellite::smoking:

And you do need D3.it doesnt matter enough if you eat it or synthesize it locally.same destiny,both go into the bloodstream,
and from there distribution into tissues ensue.for a male without testing,i also would recommend 4000 IU.
And it has to be D3,and not D2.

So Vitamin D is "bad" now?

I grew up with little sun and was pretty pale, which makes me think I could've been a bit subpar in the D department. I did drink milk and such, but that D isn't the same as the big orange one in the sky I don't think.

Now I don't supplement but it makes me question it more since -- although I do get some sun often -- I can't know how well my body is utilizing it. Maybe some people need a "loading" phase (like with creatine) to replenish some deficiencies (undetected ones especially) but then can taper them off and lower dosing. I mean this is the way I see it with plenty of vitamins -- you don't absolutely need some "perfect" minimum/maximum number of every vitamin and mineral and every "everything" to be healthy on a daily basis because (ideally) one can hold on to and use said compounds without necessarily having to have every single one in some super rigid regimen all of the time (but still regularly of course). Sure, some are more immediate/depleted faster, but others are more efficient (or at least should be) and you don't need 'X' perfect number of every 'Y' compound constantly I don't think (although, yes, regularly in general).

Amazoniac

Maybe some people need a "loading" phase (like with creatine) to replenish some deficiencies (undetected ones especially) but then can taper them off and lower dosing.
I guess that loading phase is meant to speed up the process to get to the desired maintenance. It serves to shock a body that's adapted to lower intakes of a nutrient and I can't think of a good reason to do it unless it's an emergency, it would eventually reach stabilization with a more patient regimen without unnecessary stress. For example, there was a recent thread on iodine, why take grams of it all of the sudden when the body isn't prepared if the increase could be gradual instead? It would make sense in case the person is near a plume of radioactive iodine.

Last edited:
So Vitamin D is "bad" now?

I grew up with little sun and was pretty pale, which makes me think I could've been a bit subpar in the D department. I did drink milk and such, but that D isn't the same as the big orange one in the sky I don't think.

Now I don't supplement but it makes me question it more since -- although I do get some sun often -- I can't know how well my body is utilizing it. Maybe some people need a "loading" phase (like with creatine) to replenish some deficiencies (undetected ones especially) but then can taper them off and lower dosing. I mean this is the way I see it with plenty of vitamins -- you don't absolutely need some "perfect" minimum/maximum number of every vitamin and mineral and every "everything" to be healthy on a daily basis because (ideally) one can hold on to and use said compounds without necessarily having to have every single one in some super rigid regimen all of the time (but still regularly of course). Sure, some are more immediate/depleted faster, but others are more efficient (or at least should be) and you don't need 'X' perfect number of every 'Y' compound constantly I don't think (although, yes, regularly in general).

No,it isnt Bad now.
You are utilising it probably a lot like everyone else.
You do not need daily perfect numbers,but weekly-hit targets.
For absorption or transport-strained substance,you do need to hit Targets on the daily.

Mossy

Vitamin D is supposed to lower endometriosis likelihood, which is why I take it.
It sounds like you may not have endometriosis, but if you have more to share on this and how vitamin D has helped, please share. I have a friend who has this and it may be worth passing this along to her. Thanks.

serling78

For me vitamin D equals constipation, no libido, and flushing. Have tried a variety of doses and sources. Needless to say even before reading this thread I already never wanted to take vitamin D again :yawn:

Jessie

I would be curious to know just how many people who've had negative experiences with D were also actively participating in the "avoid vitamin A" camp?

I notice the anti-A crowd (at least here) is rather large, at least comparatively speaking to other trends. Vitamin D could very well become toxic in smaller amounts during the absence of vitamin A.

If you're getting plenty of K2 but still have problems with D, I would definitely recommend checking A status.

SOMO

I will only say that I was hospitalized for Vitamin D toxicity, but was never hospitalized while megadosing Retinol.

lampofred

I will only say that I was hospitalized for Vitamin D toxicity, but was never hospitalized while megadosing Retinol.

Not that "I was never hospitalized while taking it" inspires confidence in the safety of something... but what benefits did you notice from retinol?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals