This Will Make You Never Want To Take Vitamin D Ever Again

gaze

it’s hard not to get angry when you go into a store and look at the huge dairy section without one single milk that doesn’t have vitamin A D or both added (i know there are some exceptions like some u.n. homogenized/whole milks). How are humans so dumb to think it’s a good idea to make it a law to fortify every single food, giving no options to the consumer. same goes for wheat products, as if they ignore thousands of years of human nutrition without supplementing white bread/skim milk. who’s to blame for this? the government?

Last edited:

Peatogenic

I don't have a quote, but I thought Peat considered D one of the safe supplements, along with pregnenolone. I've taken 1000-2000 IU a day for about eight months.

baccheion

What are the symptoms of too much vitamin D in the body?
Hard to achieve if you're taking vitamin K(2 MK-4; 10 IU : 2 mcg+) and magnesium along with D3.

Vitamin D toxicity lines up with hypercalcemia.

rmgwm

The Truth About Vitamin D: Fourteen Reasons Why Misunderstanding Endures
Summary:

1.Vitamin D is not a vitamin; it is an
immunosuppressive steroid.

2.The vast majority of studies fail to
account for the long-term effects of
vitamin D.

3. Chronically ill people are not
deficient in vitamin D.

4. Healthy people are not deficient in
vitamin D and do not need to consume
extra amounts of this steroid.

5.The public does not require extra
sun exposure in order to prevent
vitamin D ―deficiency.

6.Vitamin D does not reverse
osteoporosis.

7.Extra vitamin D does not reduce the
risk of cancer.

8.Vitamin D deficiency does not cause
rickets.

9.Most researchers fail to consider the
alternate hypothesis about vitamin D.

10.When it comes to vitamin D, the
current medical climate of consensus is
hostile to new ideas.

11.Research touting vitamin D‘s
benefits is often biased,
methodologically weak, and ultimately
misleading.

12.The dairy and supplement industries
are intent on heavily promoting vitamin
D.

13.The media is neither well-informed
nor objective about vitamin D.

14.We must take immediate action to
remedy the health crisis that has
resulted from faulty conclusions about
vitamin D in chronic disease.

All 14 of these "reasons" are extremely weak, some of them not even applicable or making any real sense. The only one that is of concern is the first one, saying it is "immunosuppressive". I looked at the paper, the reference it uses points to a broken link, and on top of that the statement from the paper says :

"Let‘s start with this fact: the vast majority of doctors touting the benefits of vitamin D are not aware of discoveries made by researchers in the field of molecular biology, which have clearly shown that the ―vitamin‖ D derived from diet and supplements is not a vitamin, but a steroid with immunosuppressive properties when elevated"

..Ok, elevated how much? Did they dump 1,000,000,000 IU into a mouse? Or did they test with a reasonable amount (2000-5000 iu equivalent in human) Of course if you take too much you're going to have problems, this is a given. Guess what?...elevated levels of water in the body can kill you.

Going further the article doesn't even say it suppresses the immune system, it says it has "immunosuppressive properties". This could be a good thing for people with auto-immune system problems, or it could be a bad thing, it's an extremely broad statement and is vague. Immunosuppressive properties can mean almost anything I want it to since it's not a hard-defined term in the medical community. This entire article reads like click-bait and is targeted at people who won't spend any time to dig into their its details and broad statements.

I'm not defending D3 at all, I'm just saying this paper is huge a piece of garbage.

Spondive

Just like iron, vitamin D is a negative acute phase reactant. The chemical makeup of blood changes when there is a bacterial infection:
Vitamin D: a negative acute phase reactant. - PubMed - NCBI
This is very interesting, I think also you are talking about ferritin in that in some inflammatory response ferritin is elevated which makes it a positive acute phase reactant and 25D decreases with a SIR making it a negative acute phase reactant

baccheion

Is it lowered due to being used up or to allow the body's desired reaction to take place?

BigChad

Is it lowered due to being used up or to allow the body's desired reaction to take place?

So d3 should be avoided with autoimmune or other virus/infection until you are cured of the virus infection, once cured then you can add d3 again?

CLASH

Supplemental D makes me feel like ***t but sunlight makes me feel amazing.

I took the supplemental D3 with k2, mag from mineral water, calcium, taurine, vit a from liver, zinc from oysters, vit c from acerola and other fruits. I took it both topically and orally. Made no difference.

Supplemental vit a makes me feel terrible as well. Liver makes me feel different but not bad.

Last edited:

CLASH

@BigChad
I had a period of time of bad hyperhidrosis. Vit D increased that significantly. It also made me cold, and tired.

Sunlight doesnt do any of those things to me.

Adrienlcrx

@choc what form of vitamin A did you use? And what dosage?
Personally I use palmitate retinyle and I like it

@BigChad
I had a period of time of bad hyperhidrosis. Vit D increased that significantly. It also made me cold, and tired.

Sunlight doesnt do any of those things to me.
Sunlight is amazing. Instant mood lift and overall sense of wellbeing without feeling hyperexcited.

Dave Clark

My gut feeling, pun intended, is that if we were meant to get thousands of units of D orally, food or otherwise, you would find it in nature in our food supply. Other than extreme and rare foods like fish liver, etc., most foods have modest amounts of this hormone compared to other fat soluble vitamins. I just don't believe we need to get the amounts they say we do, and it is evident that nature offers it in the highest amounts via sunlight/skin production. I think that low D status is not the cause of disease, but the result of it, and few are taking into account of the active form of D which can be high when storage forms are low.

baccheion

My gut feeling, pun intended, is that if we were meant to get thousands of units of D orally, food or otherwise, you would find it in nature in our food supply. Other than extreme and rare foods like fish liver, etc., most foods have modest amounts of this hormone compared to other fat soluble vitamins. I just don't believe we need to get the amounts they say we do, and it is evident that nature offers it in the highest amounts via sunlight/skin production. I think that low D status is not the cause of disease, but the result of it, and few are taking into account of the active form of D which can be high when storage forms are low.
The body makes 15,000-30,000 IU in 30 minutes from direct sunlight when deficient. The amount asymptotes toward 4,000 IU as sufficiency is achieved. That is, it could be said the body wants 4,000 IU (+ amount they got from food) once sufficient.

Inaut

Increase boron to boost vitamin d and magnesium status and eryting all good?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals