This sums me up almost exactly!

Kemby

Stereotypes are important. When a very thin person with high blood pressure visits a doctor, hypothyroidism isn't likely to be considered; even high TSH and very low T4 and T3 are likely to be ignored, because of the stereotypes. (And if those tests were in the healthy range, the person would be at risk for the “hyperthyroid” diagnosis.) But remembering some of the common adaptive reactions to a thyroid deficiency, the catabolic effects of high cortisol and the circulatory disturbance caused by high adrenaline should lead to doing some of the appropriate tests, instead of treating the person's hypertension and “under nourished” condition.
- Ray Peat, http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/hy ... dism.shtml

I was shocked when I read this paragraph! It was like he was basically talking about me! :|

I'm naturally very slim (About 6% body fat at the moment)
Feel stressed/on edge 100% of the time (Likely lots of cortisol and adrenaline almost all the time)
Have higher blood pressure than I should have for a "Fit" person (Slight hypertension)
I struggle to maintain weight and find it very difficult to put muscle on (Something I would like to do more, although the focus is strength)

I have had so many people say to me -

"Wow you look fit, how do you stay so slim?"

To which I now respond "Stress hormones mostly"

Taken my temps which are about 37.1 degrees C normally which is "Normal" but still get cold hands and feet on a daily basis.

I am trying to get the peat diet properly dialed in but from the reading I have been doing think I will likely need to supplement to stop the negative stress hormone loop I am in.

Im thinking:

Thyroid (Following the guidlines in another thread building up very slowly)
Vit E (Topical)
Vit K2 (Topical)
Aspirin (Each morning with food small dose) - Need an oral dose of K2 with this in addition to the topical above?
Vitamin B1
B3 (Niacinamide)
Pregnenolone (Small dose once a week, say 100mg, after reading the thread about it)

Views and feedback are welcome :D

Martin

Jake

Just my opinion, but I would start off taking less supplements. IMO, get the dietary and lifestyle factors dialed in first. It seems the fewer variables you start with, the easier it is to make tweaks appropriate for you.

Of course someone more well versed in this stuff may have a different take here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals