This Study About Scalp Fibrosis Answers So Many Questions About Baldness

Progesterone

A hypothetical pathogenesis model for androgenic alopecia: clarifying the dihydrotestosterone paradox and rate-limiting recovery factors - ScienceDirect

Probably the best study ever written about hair loss, in a great writing style too

"
A hypothetical pathogenesis model for androgenic alopecia: clarifying the dihydrotestosterone paradox and rate-limiting recovery factors"

This tension induces a pro-inflammatory cascade (increased ROS, COX-2 signaling, IL-1, TNF-α, etc.) which induces TGF-β1 alongside increased androgen activity (5-αR2, DHT, and AR), which furthers TGF-β1 expression in already-inflamed AGA-prone tissues. The concomitant presence of DHT and TGF-β1 mediates perifollicular fibrosis, dermal sheath thickening, and calcification of the capillary networks supporting AGA-prone hair follicles.

So technically, aspirin (being a cox-2 inhibitor) should be pro-hair?

Methylene Blue, is a potent ROS inhibitor, so pro- hair again.

olive

This tension induces a pro-inflammatory cascade (increased ROS, COX-2 signaling, IL-1, TNF-α, etc.) which induces TGF-β1 alongside increased androgen activity (5-αR2, DHT, and AR), which furthers TGF-β1 expression in already-inflamed AGA-prone tissues. The concomitant presence of DHT and TGF-β1 mediates perifollicular fibrosis, dermal sheath thickening, and calcification of the capillary networks supporting AGA-prone hair follicles.

Aspirin is anti hair loss but not pro hair growth as it blocks all PGEx. PGE2 is beneficial for growth and health of hair.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I think the most important thing is dealing with fibrosis.

Topical caffeine/ taurine/ will do this.
topical k2 removes fibrosis (not calcification) but will stain yellow.

The Road To Scalp And Hair Recovery

Progesterone

Aspirin is anti hair loss but not pro hair growth as it blocks all PGEx. PGE2 is beneficial for growth and health of hair.

I've heard this before, but, if your goal was to MAINTAIN the hair you have now and not regrow.. aspirin would be worth adding it, wouldn't it?

Murtaza

I've heard this before, but, if your goal was to MAINTAIN the hair you have now and not regrow.. aspirin would be worth adding it, wouldn't it?
It surely is, ive been doing 700mg aspirin and seeing less hair loss in the morning

Progesterone

It surely is, ive been doing 700mg aspirin and seeing less hair loss in the morning

Thanks Murtaza!

How long have you been using the 700mg/aspirin a day? Do do something like 325mg twice a day I imagine? you take it orally right?

Do you notice any thickening of hair ?

Murtaza

Using it for about a month. I take one dose of 700mg with my first meal of the day orally.
Yes, hair does seem fuller and thicker.

Progesterone

Using it for about a month. I take one dose of 700mg with my first meal of the day orally.
Yes, hair does seem fuller and thicker.

Thanks man. Adding this to my repertoire and will update here later.

Any other changes/additions at all or just that?

xetawaves

I didn't have any luck with aspirin in terms of hair. I actually think it made my shedding worse. When I stopped taking it is when I noticed less hair fall.

Progesterone

I usually took 650mg a day. Sometimes I'd take an extra one if I had a headache or whatever.

There's no point in taking aspirin for hair loss since it inhibits PGE2. Don't expect any regrowth.

I've tried pure PGE2 applied to scalp.. it was extremely expensive and did nothing for hair in terms of helping loss or regrowth, FWIW.

I'd be more interested in reducing PGD2..

Last edited:

Aleeri

I did topical caffeine/aspirin/taurine/B3 for a few months and saw no improvements in hair loss or growth. Actually I lost more during this time, but I was also exercising more so might be added stress. Either way does not seem worthwhile for me.

I have been doing Emodin and Melanon from Idealabs now for over a month topically. I've had a lot of scabbing and flaking on my scalp from this, I am wondering if it is dissolving the fibrotic tissues and it is slowly falling off? Just a theory, wondering what is going on. There is no pain involved just seems like skin is peeling.

I've been dermarolling 1-2 times a week also trying these topicals.

Will add T3 and K2 also in a week or two.

xetawaves

Has anyone here tried aggressive detumescence therapy? I'm considering shaving my head and giving it a go.