This pivotal moment

Vileplume

This video makes me think about all the people who use post-it notes to cover up the video camera on their laptops, even when turned off, saying “no I’m not just gonna give them my information.” The modern day woke push against capitalism, against Amazon, against Mark Zuckerberg.

Yet these same people support vaccines, vaccine mandates, and vaccine passports. It doesn’t make any sense. Somehow, through covid, those in power managed to weasel their way into the favor of people who don’t trust them.

Doc Sandoz

This video makes me think about all the people who use post-it notes to cover up the video camera on their laptops, even when turned off, saying “no I’m not just gonna give them my information.” The modern day woke push against capitalism, against Amazon, against Mark Zuckerberg.

Yet these same people support vaccines, vaccine mandates, and vaccine passports. It doesn’t make any sense. Somehow, through covid, those in power managed to weasel their way into the favor of people who don’t trust them.
Whatever happened to "My Body, My Choice?"

Vileplume

Whatever happened to "My Body, My Choice?"
It’s hard to tell if so many people were swayed from a pro-freedom disposition (not a guns and flag sort of freedom, but a my body-my choice type of freedom) to a pro-mandate disposition because they think covid is actually dangerous, because they don’t care enough to fight against restrictions, because they’re afraid to lose a certain freedom from speaking out, because they’ve always trusted the government and medical industry and still do, or because they see everybody else supporting the vaccines.

Ritchie

It's psychology 101. When there is a perceived threat and fear of death or fear of harm, peoples' principles go out the window. Most can't think rationally in the face of a threat or fear of death, especially if that threat is percieved as legitimate and imminent. Then add to the mix the savior attempting to protect people, in this case governments, and that savior can pretty much do anything. As we've seen. Ie. masks are to protect, vaccines are to protect, lockdowns to protect, restricted movement to protect, businesses shut to protect, protests and demonstrations banned to protect, vaccine mandates to protect, forced quarantine to protect and so on.

Last edited:

Ben.

It's psychology 101. When there is a perceived threat and fear of death or fear of harm, peoples' principles go out the window. Most can't think rationally in the face of a threat or fear of death, especially if that threat is percieved as legitimate and imminent. Then add to the mix the savior attempting to protect people, in this case governments, and that savior can pretty much do anything. As we've seen. Ie. masks are to protect, vaccines are to protect, lockdowns to protect, restricted movement to protect, businesses shut to protect, protests and demonstrations banned to protect, vaccines mandates to protect, forced quarantine to protect and so on.

Well said.

tankasnowgod

It's psychology 101. When there is a perceived threat and fear of death or fear of harm, peoples' principles go out the window. Most can't think rationally in the face of a threat or fear of death, especially if that threat is percieved as legitimate and imminent.
But, it's clearly not "imminent." It's been two freakin years.

Imminent would be more along the lines of a car speeding towards you while crossing the street. Something could happen in seconds.

The perceived threat is more "amorphous." Those that are afraid, they don't even really know what they are afraid of. Nor, is there any logic to it. Why is anyone in the US afraid of the Omegatron variant? That was found in Southern Africa. Basically, half a world away. So, the original "Novel Corona Virus" took 3-4 months to travel from Wuhan to here, but this variant can teleport right in?

I think the reason people can't rationally think is because they don't remember anything. Or, they have no concept of time. People still think Magic Johnson is gonna die any day from AIDS now...... except he had that positive HIV test 29 years ago. He's even eulogized a player that came into the NBA after his comeback retirement, and played for 20 years, in Kobe Bryant. True, Bryant died unexpectedly in a Helicopter crash, but if Magic Johnson really had a terminal condition in the 90s, you would have expected Kobe to be the one giving the Eulogy early in his career. And Magic looks to be in great health for someone in his 60's. He certainly isn't bedridden, nor suffering from "AIDS Dementia."

Ritchie

But, it's clearly not "imminent." It's been two freakin years.

Imminent would be more along the lines of a car speeding towards you while crossing the street. Something could happen in seconds.
The key word and point here is that the threat is perceived to be imminent. People just have to be convinced that's the case. The mass media play a big role in this, reporting cases every day, deaths every day, hospitalisations every day, death tally's and so on. It's classical and subliminal conditioning at its finest. Social media influencers, celebrities all reinforcing the messaging. Government officals use their platforms to spread that fear and exacerbate the perceived threat. Every where people look they are being told of the threat and danger. All things revolved around the virus are catastrophised. This is all key to the perception of there being an imminent threat, and leads to the majority literally worried about walking out there door and catching covid and dying (similar to a car speeding toward them), or at least there being a legit chance of that happening, and the government doing everything they can to stop it and protect them, including all the measures.
The perceived threat is more "amorphous." Those that are afraid, they don't even really know what they are afraid of. Nor, is there any logic to it. Why is anyone in the US afraid of the Omegatron variant? That was found in Southern Africa. Basically, half a world away. So, the original "Novel Corona Virus" took 3-4 months to travel from Wuhan to here, but this variant can teleport right in?
I think it's the opposite of amorphous, explicitly so. Death numbers, case numbers, hospitalisation numbers, icu numbers, constantly reported and paraded the world over. All government officials consistently talking about it on every platform possible. Social media, tv, radio, news papers, etc. Details of selected cases of deaths reported with photos of the people and interviews with the families, skewed reporting so that the difference between dying of covid and dying with covid are blurred.. leading to most just perceiving every death with covid as being caused by it. That is what creates the perceived threat, then the ability enmasse to think rationally and challenge the narrative is crippled.

Last edited:

Rafe

I agree that terror makes people compliant and the demagoguery that compliance makes them free is an ancient fascist power play. Today, the injected love their compliance. That’s how you know it’s fascist. Children know that fear of a needle is completely reasonable just on its face.

It’s the very people who used to criticize government that are the most compliant today. Now they see the dissenters as idiots & compliance as smart.

After teaching liberal democracy for a long time I came to a crisis. Increasingly I had to make excuses for it.

And now just as I’m being banned from campus for being unmandated I’m sure it was never the way video guy characterizes it. We were less surveilled but not less manipulated. The pockets of freedom in time were much smaller & shorter than “constitutionalism & a bill of rights makes it so.” That and wars and consumerism were a good cover.

I think we are in a golden age of internet access to each other & to information. Hating on China is a distraction, a cover for the fact that the west wants to be China.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

The same people who watch “the eugenics crusade” on PBS are bringing their 6 year olds to be vaccinated

Perry Staltic

The same people who watch “the eugenics crusade” on PBS are bringing their 6 year olds to be vaccinated

They seem eager to sacrifice their children for likes and retweets. Mining covid social credits through post-term abortion.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

They seem eager to sacrifice their children for likes and retweets. Mining covid social credits through post-term abortion.
Yes because now children too bear the burden of keeping society “safe”, green and clean
It’s abysmal