This magic morning.

Birdie

So, I awakened at 4am. Felt like sitting with my laptop to read, but instead began my morning exercise/stretch routine. It's upper body day so a little different from lower body day. I grudgingly went into the library where I have two yoga mats over the rug with a rug pad. Underneath is our tile floor. I kept going at it until my husband got up at 5:15.

Then, turned on music and continued. I started at 4:30 and do an hour, so was still at it. (Had taken thyroid and aspirin earlier.)

Finished and headed to the kitchen where I took my LDN. I had made my coffee-milk drinks for the day earlier. Then, saw I'd prepped some morning zucchini already. That felt a little accomplished I guess. So I chopped a little onion and added it. Then got out a carrot and grated it to prep some carrot salad. Rinsed the grated carrot and enjoyed seeing a lot of beta carotene leaving to the sink.

Before the grated carrot, I grated cheese. So, that is in the fridge, stacked on top the grated carrot next to the cubed zucchini.

The miracle was not only that I felt energized enough to get the morning going but that I felt energy all through it. I'm trying to remember what I did yesterday and last night that might have led to this energetic morning. I did spend time reading one of Ray's articles on osteoporosis... But the thing was to get going this morning. I overcame my stubborn desire to read the news first thing and started moving instead.

So, maybe this'll be a lesson for me. I could plan to repeat the actions tomorrow morning. Okay, on with the day.

OP
B

Birdie

If anybody knows a way to keep a post off the main feed, let me know please. Thought I'd just post a log for my own benefit and anybody who's really interested or has energy-motivation problems these days. Surprised to see it on the Forums first page, but you'd think I'd know by now how that works. :):

Rafe

This sounds so familiar to me @Birdie.

I begin my day reading & getting fruit, milk, coffee. But that often extends into mid-morning or even afternoon.

Occasionally I’m like a tornado—very active, focused, & satisfied. But not always. And I always wonder what makes those sensations & energy happen.

I assumed at the outset that it would take a decade to completely remake my physiology—and life—using RP’s ideas. It nearly has.

But the environment changes moment-to-moment, season-to-season & each day has been different for me.

You sound really great!:thumbup:

Nomane Euger

@Birdie @Rafe the best mornings i have is waking up after a perfect night that felt like going back in mother womb,not having fruits at home,going for a rapid walk to shops up until i find perfectly ripe fruits,going back home,eating as much of it up until 10 kilos,feeling incredible,and sleeping back under the sun naked.when i wake up i listen to african musics"oumou sangaré"and dance

OP
B

Birdie

Thanks Rafe for your encouragement.
That sentence, "But the environment changes moment-to-moment, season-to-season & each day has been different for me." is relaxing.

OP
B

Birdie

I might make updates here now and then. I feel that this morning was magical or bending, a turning. I was more active today. I swam in the afternoon. I'm not thinking of limiting my screen time but crowding it out some.

OP
B

Birdie

Had the same morning today. I hope by putting clues about what works here, I'll be able to repeat. Today awakened at 4. My milky coffee was made last night. I used to do this but had been slacking off lately. So, making it at night helps with the morning routine.

My first instinct after my ablutions was to sit down and read my various favorite sites. Instead I headed into the Library and started my floor exercises. I was almost finished by 5. After finishing (It's low body day) I headed into the kitchen and prepped for breakfast. Milky coffee and squares of chocolate work well here.

I left at 6 for walk by the lake. It was hot and muggy with very little wind but I enjoyed it anyway. I got home at 7. This was a good start to the day and I need that to help make the rest of the day good.

OP
B

Birdie

You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
JERRY WEST

OP
B

Birdie

Last couple of days slept until 6, making it necessary to do a walk right away. Otherwise it'll get too hot. I did my exercise therapy afterwards instead of doing it first like usual. Doing upper body (weights) MWF. Otherwise I do the same 30 or 45 minutes first. Been doing this since I was 20, but added stuff as I learned more.

These past few years, I've been working too much on only the days I've felt good. That doesn't work very well. Getting in a Magic Morning by just doing the work leads to a better day even if I, like yesterday, decide "That's it. Now I'm going to do what I feel like."

My "learned helplessness" starts with a lazy morning... and the opposite.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals