This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Bumping this to ask, anyone had success with xylitol and Listerine only?
I did it all by the book for the first six months and then got to the point where my mouth felt good enough to transition to mainly closys and crest toothpaste. I have listerine and ACT but only use those a couple times per week. I can’t remember the last time I used xylitol. It works but it seems to stain my teeth.

David PS

Bumping this to ask, anyone had success with xylitol and Listerine only?

I have dropped the Listerine from my routine but continue to use xylitol both before and after I brush my teeth. Xylitol seems to have positive health benefits. Incidentally, my last dental checkups have all be great.
Xylitol's Health Benefits beyond Dental Health: A Comprehensive Review. - PubMed - NCBI (2019 Aug)
Xylitol inhibits carcinogenic acetaldehyde production by Candida species. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

BearWithMe

Is there a suitable replacement for the fluoride rinse?
The fluoride is used to remineralize the teeth, to replace the calcium in the bone matrix. When thinking about things that supports healthy teeth remineralization, vitamin K2 comes to mind. Obviously the mechanism of action is completely different, but the results would be much better (you don't want the fluoride to be in your bone matrix anyways, when you can have calcium there)

Right in Two

@Right in Two really interesting to read your experience, thanks! I encourage you to keep sharing on this thread :)

@Nstocks I read two of your posts listing the food you ate, it really seems you don't get enough carbs/sugar
Here's a very late reply 4 years later!

I became vitamin A toxic shortly after that post by eating the recommended food groups (milk, eggs, cheese, liver, carrots) and taking Retinil, which in the end resulted in two large cavities I recently got fixed (1 wisdom tooth, 1 molar). However, the gum health is excellent and practically the same as before, thanks to maintaining a regular dental routine every day. The routine is still pretty much identical to the one listed on May 11, 2018, except no Closys and no Listerine anymore, and no headstand before bed due to the vitamin A fatigue (but recently started with that again now after drastically reducing vitamin A in the diet). Have also added three new products.
In short:

- Swishing with 1-2 g xylitol after very meal, alternatively swishing with Shine - Remineralizing Tooth Whitening Powder (new)
- Brushing with Bass brushing technique with a Bass tootbrush, coated with 2-3 drops of the HealThy mouth blend in the morning and coated with Primal Life Organics Whitening Peppermint powder in the evning (new)
- Flossing with Eco-Dent, GentleFloss (coated in one drop of HealThy mouth blend) in the evening
- Scraping the tongue in the morning and evening
- Mouth taping during sleep, to ensure that the teeth are bathed in saliva through the whole night
- Also using red + NIR light (new) for about 2 years on the gums and teeth for about 1 minute every day at a ~20 cm distance
+ regular vitamin K2 supplementation, on average probably 0,5 mg/day

Last edited: