This fruitarian body builder shares his blood work

Cloudhands

This guys a fruitarian and a body builder. He doesnt eat any protein powders nor does he take any supplements. Just fruit and weights.

CDT

This is awesome. Just goes to show how idiots who think meat= Jesus need to build a time machine and go back to the dark ages. People conflate meat, Masaai, Inuits, and big jawed people with health and don't realize there is a lot more going on. (well, not that much really, just sunlight exposure, honestly). In most modern day countries, you SHOULD NOT be eating that ***t meat that comes out of factories, and if you do choose to eat meat, understand that it is as poisonous to you as a soda, with declacifies your bones, or fertilizer , which is full of ammonia. Most peopl eat meat because they have protein cravings from disease causing bacteria in their gut anyway, just the same as a fat person craves sugar...

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

This is awesome. Just goes to show how idiots who think meat= Jesus need to build a time machine and go back to the dark ages. People conflate meat, Masaai, Inuits, and big jawed people with health and don't realize there is a lot more going on. (well, not that much really, just sunlight exposure, honestly). In most modern day countries, you SHOULD NOT be eating that ***t meat that comes out of factories, and if you do choose to eat meat, understand that it is as poisonous to you as a soda, with declacifies your bones, or fertilizer , which is full of ammonia. Most peopl eat meat because they have protein cravings from disease causing bacteria in their gut anyway, just the same as a fat person craves sugar...
Im not sure if i agree with everything you said, but i will say that its been noted that the masaai who dont drink the psychedelic tea made from bark alkaloid compounds get heart disease. To rephrase that, only the masaai who drink their ceremonial tea dont get heart disease, leading me to think that their diet has much less to do with their health. But yeah, theres loads of proof of different cultures that live long happy lives with very little meat consumption. The only think id worry about are the bco1 gene polymorphisms. Id like to do 23andme just to find out if i have that gene. Until then ill probably continue to eat liver and other organ meats.

gaze

He's proud of his cholesterol of 98. that's dangerously low. Just another reason to not be a fruitarian imo.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

He's proud of his cholesterol of 98. that's dangerously low. Just another reason to not be a fruitarian imo.
Correct me if im wrong, couldnt low cholesterol be correlated with high thyroid? He has very high testosterone and eats only fruit so id suspect there has to be cholesterol present at some point

Herbie

If you scroll down the videos on the channel you can see how he has lost a lot of muscle mass over the years, not surprising.

gaze

Correct me if im wrong, couldnt low cholesterol be correlated with high thyroid? He has very high testosterone and eats only fruit so id suspect there has to be cholesterol present at some point
high thyroid would bring cholesterol to like 150 or 160 at the lowest i think. Anything lower than that usually indicates some sort of problem with the liver from intestinal irritation or inadequate nutrition I think. Cholesterol does a lot of things besides making steroid hormones, And there's other things involved like the pituitary that can raise hormones without the use of good thyroid. stress can raise testosterone acutely as well. Also any you-tuber should never be 100% trusted. For all we know he could take a low dose of TRT right before his test to make a viral video. Not saying he did that, Im just saying id keep some skepticism of anyone. Either way, what's most important is your own expierience. I know when my cholestrol was very low I felt horrible. I don't think eating a bunch of meat is the best solution either, but i think a more balanced diet with a normal cholestrol is far better

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I tried fruitarian and gave it a heck of a go. Wrecked me. Peat said it might be possible for fruitatarin to work, but not possible at all in the United States.

gaze

I tried fruitarian and gave it a heck of a go. Wrecked me. Peat said it might be possible for fruitatarin to work, but not possible at all in the United States.
if you mind sharing, did you re include starch to recover or just more proteins and fats ?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

I have a relatively low stress lifestyle (relative to other americans) but still have a slightly stressful life (being alive during these times is stressful due to social distancing and over neurotic political tribalism). I think that im going to give a high fruit diet a try. Not fruitarian. But maybe only 4 oz of meat a day (2oz beef liver 2 oz beef kidney) and the rest of my calories from fruit and a little bit of coconut milk in my coffee. I think that finding a threshold of as little protein as needed will be a nice experiment. I want to do something similiar to the okinawans, but with fruit and a little beef instead. Maybe throw in a little fish ir something on workout days.

Inaut

I think you are right. For fruitarian to work, you'd need to have access to fresh fruits and tropical sunshine. Then you are in da zone.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

I think that keeping adrenaline and cortisol low by having not too many responsibilities and being a chill person helps to lower protein and fat requirements and raises carb requirements. I think the high protein reccomendations are a blanket reccomendation assuming everyone has trouble being relaxed in our culture.

gaze

I think that keeping adrenaline and cortisol low by having not too many responsibilities and being a chill person helps to lower protein and fat requirements and raises carb requirements. I think the high protein reccomendations are a blanket reccomendation assuming everyone has trouble being relaxed in our culture.
do you not get clear urine with so much fruit? i too would prefer higher carb, but most high carb places use potatoes which are uniquely high protein. i can't digest potatoes good though so i just stick to the typical peat diet of milk and oj. since mainly fruit gives me the typical adrenaline cold hands and clear urine even with salt

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

do you not get clear urine with so much fruit? i too would prefer higher carb, but most high carb places use potatoes which are uniquely high protein. i can't digest potatoes good though so i just stick to the typical peat diet of milk and oj. since mainly fruit gives me the typical adrenaline cold hands and clear urine even with salt
Not really. I think that very important factors for glucose utilization include being relatively stressfree. Like go with the flow. And dont work at some job thats terribly stressful. If you watch interviews with most centinarians and supercentinarians, they mostly have very positive attitudes, are calm and goofy. They have that similiar laissez faire attitude as Dr. Peat.

Happycat

I thought fructose is what's needed to increase cholesterol levels and not dietary sources of cholesterol and fats.

qwazy

I think people greatly overestimate how much protein we need. As far as I remember a positive nitrogen balance is achieved at 60g of protein a day for most people. However, I don't think eating just fruits will put you there.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

I thought fructose is what's needed to increase cholesterol levels and not dietary sources of cholesterol and fats.
Both can do so. Fats increase it moreso, but obviously he needs to have some level of cholesterol previously present to create testosterone.
I think people greatly overestimate how much protein we need. As far as I remember a positive nitrogen balance is achieved at 60g of protein a day for most people. However, I don't think eating just fruits will put you there.
Some studies find even lower amounts needed. I think its different on a person to person basis, but this guy doesnt seem to be wasting away.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Yea... I don't find this compelling at all.
didnt post hoping to convert anyone to fruitarianism, but i do find it compelling. The mans 40 years old I mean sheesh, he seems much healthier than most people I know. If anything this is simply a testament of the power of fruit!