This Board Is Crazy! Advice Is Awful For The Most Part

tara

4peatssake said:
If you think the forum is not what it could be, or should be, I suggest you do your part and contribute in a positive way.
:yeahthat

yes W & Pufa, and don't forget another important non diet factor of Peats work...you must have slicked back hair, or all is for naught. This is more important than the diet itself

I'm gonna start using that phrase "all for naught."

:shifty: and who saw him exactly

p.jpg

pepsi

I like something Peat mentions in one of his articles that when he would advise his clients to stop all their supplements, their symptoms would usually get better.

This happened to me recently. I wasnt feeling well no matter what I did, so I took more and more supplements thinking something would
help eventually. Then I remembered his quote, so I stopped all supplements about a month ago and started weekly liver. I have many more good days.
I wasnt feeling great yesterday, but I felt better today after eating liver. I may have to increase liver to twice weekly.

I also remember the experiment he mentions about mice who were given liver were able to tread in water hours longer than mice given B vitamins or nothing, something like that if I remember correctly.
This should be the first step for a Peat inspired diet, right behind cutting out PUFA's.
Ray Peat right again!!!

EIRE24

I like something Peat mentions in one of his articles that when he would advise his clients to stop all their supplements, their symptoms would usually get better.

This happened to me recently. I wasnt feeling well no matter what I did, so I took more and more supplements thinking something would
help eventually. Then I remembered his quote, so I stopped all supplements about a month ago and started weekly liver. I have many more good days.
I wasnt feeling great yesterday, but I felt better today after eating liver. I may have to increase liver to twice weekly.

I also remember the experiment he mentions about mice who were given liver were able to tread in water hours longer than mice given B vitamins or nothing, something like that if I remember correctly.
This should be the first step for a Peat inspired diet, right behind cutting out PUFA's.
Ray Peat right again!!!

How much liver gave you this affect?

Mufasa

Ray Peat right again!!!

What supps did you take? Nasty fillers?

pepsi

How much liver gave you this affect?
I buy a package that weighs 16 ounces with 4 slices of liver. I cut them in half and this gives 8 servings of 2 ounces each, because 4 slices
must weigh 4 ounces each to total the package weight. I used to eat a serving maybe once every 2, 3, or 4 weeks, because I cant stomach liver.
Even this portion size was hard to handle and I didnt really notice any benefits.

So what I started doing is cutting the 2 ounce slices in half, I can handle this portion
better, so I started having this weekly, or twice a week if I can.
It doesnt sound like much, 1 or 2 ounces a week, but thats what I have to do for now to be able to stomach it.

I dont even know how much Dr Peat recommends to eat? I guess it would vary individually.

This board has great advice from what I've seen. Lots of new things to try, even for someone who has tried everything.

pepsi

What supps did you take? Nasty fillers?
I bought most of my supplements online from Swanson vitamins.

I would take anything, vitamins b1, b6, b3, pantothenic acid, pregnenelone, progesterone, aspirin, theanine, taurine, lysine, selenium , zinc,
methylene blue, tianeptine, thyroid.

you know, all the stuff people write about on here. If anything made me feel better, maybe it would last one day,
but nothing compares to liver. It hasn't stopped working yet.

tara

I dont even know how much Dr Peat recommends to eat? I guess it would vary individually.
Probably does vary individually, but I think Peat's suggested something like 4-6 ounces liver weekly. I prefer smaller portions more often too.

jaakkima

What an enlightening post. And to think all that time I ate those things and was still sick, and oh stupid me to have fooled myself believing my own body's sensations when I used supplements and felt great improvement. Off to self-flagellate now, I have been corrected.

DaveFoster

Peat doesn't even have dietary advice in the general sense; he just presents modalities to achieve a result.

If you have premenstrual syndrome, try the carrot salad.

Use fruit as the primary carbohydrate source, generate more CO2, etc. etc.

Supplements help, as long as they're sourced properly and intelligently applied. We all have difficulty gauging the correct homeostatic balance, and I think this is the challenge of life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals