This Board Is Crazy! Advice Is Awful For The Most Part

macaroot

I can't get over how complicated so many of you make it to be healthy.

Ray Peat's research is absolutely brilliant. But the spin that some of you have taken on his interpretations are absolutely insane!

His dietary advice is so simple, yet I see some people on this board drinking tablespoons of baking soda, taking isolated vitamins galore, and doing a lot of other weird things. Why not just eat a healthy diet?

Ray Peat's dietary advice and approach is to consume ripe fruits, milk/cream, eggs, white fish/oysters/shrimp, organ meats, bone broth (for gelatin), and the occasional potato, carrot, and bamboo shoot. That's it. Nice and easy. Do this, and you will experience radiant health.

But, some of you are doing insane things and expecting great results. Who in their right mind expects optimal health, taking TABLEspoons of baking soda? The notion is ridiculous. Also, the amount of coffee and aspirin some of you take is is ludicrous. I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on here.

Coffee and aspirin are great... in reasonable doses! You don't gain health by blasting your system with 6 cups of coffee a day, or popping 6 aspirin tablets. It's like some of you are just junkies, looking for the next silver bullet, instead of just eating a healthy diet.

My meals are easy. Fruit & Cheese. OJ & beef liver or gelatin. Shrimp, broccoli (very well cooked), butter, potatoes. Milk with honey or sugar. And so on.

Use some common sense. Don't consume sugar and starch at the same meal. Your gut will hate you for it.

I think a lot of you mean well, but your approach to this lifestyle is nuts.

Blinkyrocket

Ha! Look at this crazy guy, can you believe these stupid ideas? He thinks all you need to be healthy is a healthy diet and doesn't think about the fact that almost nothing changes with just a healthy diet, bahahahahahahaha.

XPlus

Hail to the king :bow

Now, I've a couple of question that’ve been bugging me for a while.

Does muscles burn FFAs at rest or there a different mechanism.
Given that dietary glucose levels are constant, when Nicainaminde inhibits FFA what does that trigger after the glucose is depleted - cortisol?

OP
M

macaroot

This post was my parting shot, as I will never log onto this board ever again.

In health,
Macaroot

macaroot said:
You don't gain health by blasting your system with 6 cups of coffee a day, or popping 6 aspirin tablets.

By the looks of it I'd say he has also parted with raypeat.com :ss

XPlus

macaroot said:

In health,
Macaroot
That's a quick last hurrah. :mrgreen:

mt_dreams

I doubt ray peat would approve of your harsh over generalized judgement.

Also promoting liver with oj without also stating that you have iron-deficiency might not be all that beneficial .... almost like suggesting tablespoons of baking soda.

good luck.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
iu

Nicholas

macaroot said:
I can't get over how complicated so many of you make it to be healthy.

Ray Peat's research is absolutely brilliant. But the spin that some of you have taken on his interpretations are absolutely insane!

His dietary advice is so simple, yet I see some people on this board drinking tablespoons of baking soda, taking isolated vitamins galore, and doing a lot of other weird things. Why not just eat a healthy diet?

Ray Peat's dietary advice and approach is to consume ripe fruits, milk/cream, eggs, white fish/oysters/shrimp, organ meats, bone broth (for gelatin), and the occasional potato, carrot, and bamboo shoot. That's it. Nice and easy. Do this, and you will experience radiant health.

But, some of you are doing insane things and expecting great results. Who in their right mind expects optimal health, taking TABLEspoons of baking soda? The notion is ridiculous. Also, the amount of coffee and aspirin some of you take is is ludicrous. I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on here.

Coffee and aspirin are great... in reasonable doses! You don't gain health by blasting your system with 6 cups of coffee a day, or popping 6 aspirin tablets. It's like some of you are just junkies, looking for the next silver bullet, instead of just eating a healthy diet.

My meals are easy. Fruit & Cheese. OJ & beef liver or gelatin. Shrimp, broccoli (very well cooked), butter, potatoes. Milk with honey or sugar. And so on.

Use some common sense. Don't consume sugar and starch at the same meal. Your gut will hate you for it.

I think a lot of you mean well, but your approach to this lifestyle is nuts.

Ray Peat does not have an overarching set of dietary principles that you can disseminate like some kind of protocol. Therefore, everyone here are free thinkers (even if making huge mistakes in the process). Yes, the advice sometimes really is awful and so many think that they have some kind of protocol that everyone will benefit from (hello - this is RayPeatForum, right? The guy who is against protocols...) Sometimes Ray Peat's private e-mail advice is awful but he is not beholden to whoever writes him - he does not see himself as a practitioner after all. I think Peat is much more concerned with the state of the mind of an individual than he is with what they eat or drink. But Peat is not beholden to make sure everyone has the state of mind that he thinks is best.

Also - please don't tell me how to eat. sugar+starch is the best way for me to eat starch. But yes, common sense has more weight than people realize. But you also have to understand (if you haven't come from this place as well) that people who have nutritional protocol disorders and years of health problems find this an immense challenge and struggle in their life to come back to their version of normalcy and coherence. It's not a simple switch.

Let's pit the "admins are nazis" crowd and the "admins are hippies" crowd into an Octagon fighting cage. Last man standing gets admin powers. And may god help us :salute

Blinkyrocket

Such_Saturation said:
Let's pit the "admins are nazis" crowd and the "admins are hippies" crowd into an Octagon fighting cage. Last man standing gets admin powers. And may god help us :salute
Each crowd doesn't like the admins so whoever wins gets admin rights? *scratches head inquisitively*

Blinkyrocket said:
Such_Saturation said:
Each crowd doesn't like the admins so whoever wins gets admin rights? *scratches head inquisitively*

Well they would have to face Charlie the level boss first.

4peatssake

Such_Saturation said:

popcorn-blank.gif

narouz

macaroot said:

In health,
Macaroot

Attachments

• so let it be done.jpg
    so let it be done.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,229

tara

Such_Saturation said:
:lol:
Or how about winners get to make their own forum.
And so do the losers.
Oh, wait - that's already been done - why are there any 'admins are nazis' still here?
Oh, wait, peatarian.scalingo.io/ seems to have died. How could an unmoderated forum fail?

tara

Thanks for the ideas and advice. Some of them I could use, some of them not so much.
You're welcome. :)

Seems the OP had expectations of finding, at no expense to himself, nothing but perfectly suitable advice based on perfect interpretations of Peat's work designed to perfectly meet his context, from every one of a loosely moderated bunch of mostly amateurs in an open forum.

I suggest anyone who has such expectations revise them, and consider that the posters here are a mixture of some people who are very knowledgeable about Peat's writing and/or physiology in general, through to newcomers who are just starting to pick up a few ideas, to people who are in disagreement with Peat on various issues. And some who are in the habit of caution and others who tend to leap into experimentation in more extreme ways.
And that's not even taking into account that we all have different contexts, health weaknesses, food intolerances, available resources, etc, and while we may all have something to learn from Peat, exactly what makes sense for each of us is not going to be identical.

Perhaps the OP is one of those fortunate people with no serious or long-standing health issues, for whom just tuning up his diet was enough to make all the difference. Lucky him.

In general, it's probably wise to take everything you read with a grain of salt till you've read a bit more widely - in the case of this forum, including at least some of Peat's articles and interviews, and quite a few threads - so we can pick which ideas are outliers, and which are more solidly founded. I don't recommend taking extreme advice from strangers on the Internet without assessing for yourself whether it might make sense. Good luck finding a venue where all the [edit to add:] free advice is consistently good and relevant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals