This B-Vitamin Can Raise Dopamine (Thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide - TTFD)

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I get energetic and positive responses from thiamine hcl, but it messes with sleep unfortunately. B6 also affects sleep, and I suspect riboflavin might do that too (although I haven’t tried it as a standalone supplement).

Sulbutiamine, I just found to feel like a more cholinergic version of coffee. It’s like my brain was tightened by one or two gears, but had that coffee ‘robotic’ like ‘pushing’ energy to it. It did feel nootropic, but I found the cholinergic feeling to induce a low mood. No mood enhancement for me. I read on schizophrenia forums studies quoted showing that D1 is involved in cholinergic/glutamatergic mechanisms.
I got the same head pressure feeling from Sulbutiamine too.

I find stacking with Forskolin to up-regulate acetylcholine-esterase a viable strategy to lower acetylcholine and avoid the hypercholinergic state associated with low mood.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Side note, the front of my hairline has been thinning, which i attributed to iron deficiency, but couldnt never fix with eating beef liver and red meat more frequently. Im now reading about constipation and hair loss as symptoms of beri beri and i think ive had mild b1 deficiency for a while

Ah wow, yes potentially...

I also wasn't able to raise my Iron purely from eating liver or beef.

I actually had good success increasing my iron stores with Bovine Ferritin Capsules.

Hair thinning stopped after raising my iron levels.

B1 can lower iron levels. Not entirely sure on the pathway/mechanism.

Cloudhands

Yes, I think it’s quite possible. Please keep us posted. Thiamine has been a huge problem for me. My grandma died at 39 from heart issues related to beri beri and I think my mom always had some degree of deficiency as well that was passed on to her children.
Same, i was actually born with jaundice. Just ordered some thiamine hcl because i want to re experiment with it and its fairly cheap

Cloudhands

I actually had good success increasing my iron stores with Bovine Ferritin Capsules.

I have huge blindspots seeing as i cant get any blood tests until this spring for insurance reasons so im kind of shooting in the dark. What test did u use to verify your iron scores?

dukesbobby777

By carbs I guess you mean sugar. I think it is the zeitgeist that sugar and coffee deplete a lot of nutrients. Probably why you say, "apparently."

By sugar I mean fruit, honey, maple syrup, maple sugar etc. Ray seems to be meaning sugar in the form of fruit when he encourages it.

He has said white (table) sugar is for emergencies. I think he uses it in coffee though. He says honey and maple syrup have more nutrients and fine if you are not allergic to them.

Yeah it’s hard to gauge as I’ve never tested for a thiamine deficiency, and I only have my taking of thiamine hcl as a supplement to see if it had any noticeable effects. I think my overall diet is ok in thiamine. Orange juice and milk seem to supply some. My mother seems to enjoy feeding me vegetables too, so I get some there as well.

i think it’s the amount of sugar in these foods though that take thiamine to process them (if I have that right). Só if I’m averaging 400g of carbs (in the form of sugars) per day, and I get 3mg per day in thiamine or instance, how do I know that the 3mg is enough to process that sugar? Just say that it isn’t quite enough, and I eat this way for five years. From that perspective I can see how a thiamine defiance might manifest.

I honestly don’t know if coffee also needs thiamine. I think anything metabolically enhancing is going to need it, along with other nutrients that fuel the increased energetic demands.

I saw the subject of coffee and thiamine on a Dr Berg video that was posted here.

I love the taste of maple syrup. Very high in potassium and B2.
I got the same head pressure feeling from Sulbutiamine too.

I find stacking with Forskolin to up-regulate acetylcholine-esterase a viable strategy to lower acetylcholine and avoid the hypercholinergic state associated with low mood.

That’s interesting, thanks. I previously got positive effects from forskolin (many years ago). It has some positive mechanisms of action and was definitely a mood enhancer.

Jem Oz

Do people taking a frequent B1 supp also take a B-complex?

Also, if you were trying to lose weight, do you think B-supps make that more difficult, if not impossible?

Asking because I suspect a longstanding B1 deficiency.

Cloudhands

Also, if you were trying to lose weight, do you think B-supps make that more difficult, if not impossible?

Id take a non methylating (no folate or b12) b complex with no more then around 10ish mg of b6 in p5p form, along with a niacinamide and tmg, adequate vitamin C and magnesium. I think b1 hcl is as adequate as ttfd just in larger amounts, im gonna take some thiamax less regularly too tho. Just what im doing

Cloudhands

Which bovine ferritin supplement brand did u go with? I only see two online

Birdie

How much did you take ? I just put some in my cart. My iron has been low since I gave blood. Stupid move since my iron was already in the low normal range. Everybody was doing it back in 2011 it seemed and I joined in.

How long did it take to get your levels up? Approximately.

Birdie

As for other B vitamins, right now I take niacinamide, occasional B2, and I do B12 injections. I was taking some B6 but got concerned about the possible neurological side effects. I keep my niacinamide pretty high during flu season, or ever since January this year!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
As for other B vitamins, right now I take niacinamide, occasional B2, and I do B12 injections. I was taking some B6 but got concerned about the possible neurological side effects. I keep my niacinamide pretty high during flu season, or ever since January this year!

What dosages of B6 were you running?

Cloudhands

Update: ive found that i actually respond better to around 75mg of b1 HCl near each meal than any of the high doses i expiremented with. I think high doses raise insulin too quickly and lead to hypoglycemia.

Cloudhands

Thanks for the update man!

How many grams of carbs are you consuming daily?
Somewhere between 300-350, i also eat 1.5 pineapples and i was just reading about how abundant manganese helps thiamin concentrate in the tissues

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Somewhere between 300-350, i also eat 1.5 pineapples and i was just reading about how abundant manganese helps thiamin concentrate in the tissues
Maple syrup FTW!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter