This B-Vitamin Can Raise Dopamine (Thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide - TTFD)

Cloudhands

All the B1 derivatives feel subjectively very different from my experience.

Sulbutiamine is definitely psychoactive, but requires quite high doses.

What has your experience been like?
With sulbutiamine, i cant say ive noticed much sadly, but i take it regularly.
The most ive ever noticed was actually with regular thiamin HCL. With thiamin HCL i felt kind of similiar to when i come down from a crazy psychedelic trip, like the glow at the end where youre just happy to be alive after looping all damn night XD

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
With sulbutiamine, i cant say ive noticed much sadly, but i take it regularly.
The most ive ever noticed was actually with regular thiamin HCL. With thiamin HCL i felt kind of similiar to when i come down from a crazy psychedelic trip, like the glow at the end where youre just happy to be alive after looping all damn night XD

I really liked high dose Thiamine HCL...
Removed anxiety really well and improves mental clarity like nothing else.

What dose of the Thiamine HCL were you using??

I went up to 600mg orally at some point.

Cloudhands

I really liked high dose Thiamine HCL...
Removed anxiety really well and improves mental clarity like nothing else.

What dose of the Thiamine HCL were you using??

I went up to 600mg orally at some point.
I was using 100mg with each meal and at the time was eating 5 meals a day, so i guess 500mg. I felt so calm and empathetic. Part of me is suspicious that the different forms of b1 advertised as being lipophilic could just be a marketing ploy considering how cheap and effective HCL has been. But who knows, my experience is so subjective.

Frankdee20

I think I read somewhere that sulbitiamine increases D1 receptors

Hans

Forum Supporter
The way TTFD increases dopamine is assumed to be via enhancing energy metabolism, similar to pyruvate, by stimulating pyruvate dehydrogenase. That's why I talked about it in my dopamine dream team stack article.

yerrag

B1 is needed by the limbic area, and the limbic area stimulates production of DA:

1608285985648.png

Hans

Forum Supporter
B1 is needed by the limbic area, and the limbic area stimulates production of DA:

View attachment 20757
"Deficiencies in thiamine and magnesium are characteristic of conditions associated with a wide range of injuries to limbic and cerebellar structures, and especially the hippocampus and mammillary bodies" (R)

dukesbobby777

I get energetic and positive responses from thiamine hcl, but it messes with sleep unfortunately. B6 also affects sleep, and I suspect riboflavin might do that too (although I haven’t tried it as a standalone supplement).

Sulbutiamine, I just found to feel like a more cholinergic version of coffee. It’s like my brain was tightened by one or two gears, but had that coffee ‘robotic’ like ‘pushing’ energy to it. It did feel nootropic, but I found the cholinergic feeling to induce a low mood. No mood enhancement for me. I read on schizophrenia forums studies quoted showing that D1 is involved in cholinergic/glutamatergic mechanisms.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

What’s the deal with Alithiamine vs Benfotiamine ? Fat soluable ? Anyone prefer HCL or Mononitrate ?

Birdie

I get energetic and positive responses from thiamine hcl, but it messes with sleep unfortunately. B6 also affects sleep, and I suspect riboflavin might do that too (although I haven’t tried it as a standalone supplement).

Sulbutiamine, I just found to feel like a more cholinergic version of coffee. It’s like my brain was tightened by one or two gears, but had that coffee ‘robotic’ like ‘pushing’ energy to it. It did feel nootropic, but I found the cholinergic feeling to induce a low mood. No mood enhancement for me. I read on schizophrenia forums studies quoted showing that D1 is involved in cholinergic/glutamatergic mechanisms.
A lot of people experience sleep problems if thiamine HCl is taken too late in the day. The advice for that is to take your doses before about 2:30, depending on how you respond. My husband takes 500mg with Magnesium upon awakening. Then, he takes the same around 12:30 or so. He takes lipothiamine, 50mg I think, at bedtime. But most people in my experience can't take any form of B1 late in the day or it bothers sleep.

I take my lipothiamine in the morning with Mg and thiamine and 500mg of B1 HCl with Mg in early afternoon. I was taking the lipothiamine at bedtime. Although it helped the quality of sleep, I do seem to sleep longer not taking it at bedtime.

I'm taking the thiamine for fibromyalgia, and am testing various doses for that.

dukesbobby777

A lot of people experience sleep problems if thiamine HCl is taken too late in the day. The advice for that is to take your doses before about 2:30, depending on how you respond. My husband takes 500mg with Magnesium upon awakening. Then, he takes the same around 12:30 or so. He takes lipothiamine, 50mg I think, at bedtime. But most people in my experience can't take any form of B1 late in the day or it bothers sleep.

I take my lipothiamine in the morning with Mg and thiamine and 500mg of B1 HCl with Mg in early afternoon. I was taking the lipothiamine at bedtime. Although it helped the quality of sleep, I do seem to sleep longer not taking it at bedtime.

I'm taking the thiamine for fibromyalgia, and am testing various doses for that.

Thanks. I do notice clear effects from it. I think I might be deficient in it as I drink a lot of coffee and my carb intake (like many here) is generous. These all deplete B1 apparently.

Birdie

Thanks. I do notice clear effects from it. I think I might be deficient in it as I drink a lot of coffee and my carb intake (like many here) is generous. These all deplete B1 apparently.
By carbs I guess you mean sugar. I think it is the zeitgeist that sugar and coffee deplete a lot of nutrients. Probably why you say, "apparently."

By sugar I mean fruit, honey, maple syrup, maple sugar etc. Ray seems to be meaning sugar in the form of fruit when he encourages it.

He has said white (table) sugar is for emergencies. I think he uses it in coffee though. He says honey and maple syrup have more nutrients and fine if you are not allergic to them.

Cloudhands

So i just took 200 mg of sulbutiamine after feeling constipated and a lack of appetite the past week. Within 30 mins i started to get this feeling, similiar to when i take a psychedelic, where i can almost feel my sinus and other parts of my body i feel as if i usually ignore. I felt more deeply infatuated with my partner than usual and i craved physical attention from her. I would say this could all be placebo, but i forgot i even took the medicine until i tried to think about why i felt so "online" per se. Im thinking i have a deficiency from eating a ton of carbs and drinking lots of coffee, so im gonna take another 200mg with my next meal and see what happens. I specifically started craving sweet things, and ate some pineapple, which has never tasted so amazing to me.

Cloudhands

Side note, the front of my hairline has been thinning, which i attributed to iron deficiency, but couldnt never fix with eating beef liver and red meat more frequently. Im now reading about constipation and hair loss as symptoms of beri beri and i think ive had mild b1 deficiency for a while

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Side note, the front of my hairline has been thinning, which i attributed to iron deficiency, but couldnt never fix with eating beef liver and red meat more frequently. Im now reading about constipation and hair loss as symptoms of beri beri and i think ive had mild b1 deficiency for a while
Yes, I think it’s quite possible. Please keep us posted. Thiamine has been a huge problem for me. My grandma died at 39 from heart issues related to beri beri and I think my mom always had some degree of deficiency as well that was passed on to her children.