This 70 years old Chinese man looks like 30s after 34 years everyday workout

Dr. B

He is a profession body builder and triathlete, so all the cortisol from "breathless exercise", gravity yanking on his skin from running, lactic acid like ledo said and a lot of tryptophan from all those egg whites are contributors too. It looks a little like drooping botox or old plastic surgery falling. Aging celebrities get that "melting" look with a weird smoothness, or it is just plain old Photo Shop. Something doesn't look right about his face.
egg whites are a gross, tasteless and farty food
doesnt serotonin and cortisol actually inhibit muscle growth, increase fat mass, and other issues? people with too much cortisol are very overweight. how are people having high cortisol looking like this guy, maybe the cortisol and estrogen themselves are low, maybe its just things like nitric oxide or histamine or serotonin which are high in these people?

As someone who's career is spent using Photoshop as well as having family in their 70s, in my humble opinion he looks absolutely stunningly youthful. It's not just about wrinkles that conveys a sense of age it's bone structure and proportions and overall sense of energy etc..

Assessing humans through the cynical prism of whether they've been strategically edited (Photoshop) is no more accurate than it is gracious to judge the success of others.
Nobody is saying he doesn't look great. I think Photo Shop, like magazine covers, puts lot of pressure on people who think something wrong with them for not looking like that. For people who try hard to look good without plastic surgery or photo shop edited pics it is frustrating that when others cheated. I see those stupid pics where family says, "Oh my gosh have seen how good "so and so" looks? She looks so amazing!". Then the person shows up at a function and they look just the same as always, 20 years older then their Facebook pics. I don't like that kind of stuff making other people think they are so behind the norm. The norm looks like crap, including this guys face. I have my college ceritifice in photography so I can tell just as well as you. If that were a woman up there with that haggard face you men would be much harsher. All most of you men care about is muscles on a man and curves on a woman, just put a bag on the head of that girl's hot bod and all is good! Cynical prism ?

Last edited:
doesnt serotonin and cortisol actually inhibit muscle growth, increase fat mass, and other issues? people with too much cortisol are very overweight. how are people having high cortisol looking like this guy, maybe the cortisol and estrogen themselves are low, maybe its just things like nitric oxide or histamine or serotonin which are high in these people?
...or "juice" and plastic surgery ?

I am with you Mr.Bollox. I had no idea till recently how very aging egg whites are from tryptophan. I always made my custard with only egg yolks for texture reasons, but now I throw the white away from my daily boiled eggs. I hate wasting them, but they to go be with the pizza crusts, after I ate the toppings off of them :)

akgrrrl

If that were a woman up there with that haggard face you men would be much harsher. All most of you men care about is muscles on a man and curves on a woman, just put a bag on the head of that girl's hot bod and all is good! Cynical prism ?
I am not so sure that is cynical prism, but maybe a basic truth of life haaaah

Dr. B

I am with you Mr.Bollox. I had no idea till recently how very aging egg whites are from tryptophan. I always made my custard with only egg yolks for texture reasons, but now I throw the white away from my daily boiled eggs. I hate wasting them, but they to go be with the pizza crusts, after I ate the toppings off of them :)
i dont know about the aging, havent looked into it, but egg whites seem tough to digest and cause gas whereas egg yolks do not. the whites are somehow tougher to digest than even like, processed burger buns from like mcdonalds...

milkboi

pregnenolone, at least life extension and pure encapsulations brands, 50mg-100mg a day have been the worst thing ive ever used. 10 days of usage = 12 pounds weight gain (probably pure fat), extremely dried out eyes, balls shrunk, hair thinning. like it was a pure cortisol or estrogen i was taking.
You didn't gain 12 pounds pure fat in 10 days, I can guarantee that. Most likely it was just water retention. Hormones don't magically make you gain crazy amounts of adipose tissue in a short time span.

Dr. B

You didn't gain 12 pounds pure fat in 10 days, I can guarantee that. Most likely it was just water retention. Hormones don't magically make you gain crazy amounts of adipose tissue in a short time span.
it caused a lot of hair shedding/thinning too, and shrank the balls. this is the thing, the weight didnt go away after stopping it, even months after. if it was just water, shouldnt it have dropped quickly? the only thing i can think of is it turned to pure cortisol/estrogen, and was mostly fat weight. maybe a pound of muscle, and 11 pounds fat. cortisol is the one hormone that can very quickly produce fat right?

i dont know about the aging, havent looked into it, but egg whites seem tough to digest and cause gas whereas egg yolks do not. the whites are somehow tougher to digest than even like, processed burger buns from like mcdonalds...

I have no trouble digesting egg white, though they are high in histamines which can make for "puffiness". Ray Peat says tryptophan is a major player in accelerating the aging process.

"Some people have been encouraged to eat only the whites of eggs, “to avoid cholesterol,” but the egg albumin is disproportionately rich in tryptophan."
-Ray Peat

Dr. B

I have no trouble digesting egg white, though they are high in histamines which can make for "puffiness". Ray Peat says tryptophan is a major player in accelerating the aging process.

"Some people have been encouraged to eat only the whites of eggs, “to avoid cholesterol,” but the egg albumin is disproportionately rich in tryptophan."
-Ray Peat
He does also say its essential for skin cell turnover, so he recommends limiting it, but getting that several hundred milligrams intake per day. tryptophan turns to serotonin especially higher amounts. i think tryptophan is in everything besides gelatin and maybe some specific obscure organ meats... apparently a higher metabolism could make it convert more to niacin

He does also say its essential for skin cell turnover, so he recommends limiting it, but getting that several hundred milligrams intake per day. tryptophan turns to serotonin especially higher amounts. i think tryptophan is in everything besides gelatin and maybe some specific obscure organ meats... apparently a higher metabolism could make it convert more to niacin

I think we get enough from our dairy and seafood for "skin cell turn over".

"When rats were fed a diet completely lacking tryptophan for a short period, or a diet containing only one fourth of the “normal” amount for a more prolonged period, the results were surprising: They kept the ability to reproduce up to the age of 36 months (versus 17 months for the rats on the usual diet), and both their average longevity and their maximum longevity increased significantly. They looked and acted like younger rats. (A methionine-poor diet also has dramatic longevity-increasing effects.)" -Ray Peat

Dr. B

I think we get enough from our dairy and seafood for "skin cell turn over".

"When rats were fed a diet completely lacking tryptophan for a short period, or a diet containing only one fourth of the “normal” amount for a more prolonged period, the results were surprising: They kept the ability to reproduce up to the age of 36 months (versus 17 months for the rats on the usual diet), and both their average longevity and their maximum longevity increased significantly. They looked and acted like younger rats. (A methionine-poor diet also has dramatic longevity-increasing effects.)" -Ray Peat
what can be done to restrict/reduce methionine and tryptophan on dairy heavy diets?

LA

And it looked like an advert to me. I'm sure all the Chinese people have these beautiful outdoor gyms available to them.
ha, ha, ha, good one! - although some teachers of Martial Arts FORMS actually have gyms or places for exercise activity. Some Chinese Boxers and Wrestlers (in China) build strength by using cement blocks. I dont know about any Chinese weight lifters here in LA County working out at Gold's Gym or wherever those kind of people work out these days. A few Martial Arts shops used to sell sand-weights with Velcro straps to wrap around ankles and wrists by practitioners doing Forms. Martial Arts *FORMS* are basic traditional training positions used to increase balance and strength in the feet, legs, arms, wrists, spine etc which are important to maintaining strength and balance into age 90s and 100s. After people start losing their proper balance then that is when the problems start with falls, etc.

An old saying is that the slower you practice the faster you go.

Attakai

Looks like a fit healthy older guy. His movement and body at his age is definitely something to strive for, but his face puts his visible age at least at 60

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals