Thiroyd from Thailand

CoolTweetPete

Can anyone confirm the T4:T3 ratio in Thiroyd? I have about 50 pills of Novotiral which is 5:1 so I'm interested in something with a bit higher ratio of T3.

CoolTweetPete

Thanks. That's about a 4:1 ratio. I'll probably switch to that when I'm done with my Novotiral.

I saw Ray recommend (in one of his deliciously confusing thyroid articles) taking 3:1 T4 to T3 and then taking small amounts of a T3 only supplement throughout the day.

Can anyone recommend a good T3 only supplement?

pimpomproduct

Agent207

For Thiroyd they say:
"As of 5-2013, here are potential fillers as sent to me by a patient in Guam: Lactose, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Starch Glycolate, PVP K-30, PVP K-90, Isopropyl Alcohol, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate."

Creepy fillers..

Do you know of any website that sell WP Thyroid without prescription?

Sabrosura

Hi everyone,

First post here, wanted to share my Thiroyd experience.

I am 31 (female) and have been borderline hypothyroid since my teens. I was never diagnosed but have been very curious about health matters since I was little, so I quickly learned that I was likely hypothyroid and started doing TSH and Free T3/T4 tests every couple of years for the past 6-7 years (I am aware of the limitations of the TSH test and that is why I always did free T3/T4 tests along with the TSH). My main symptoms have been low body temperature (below 98), dry skin/hair, and very slow metabolism (gain weight very easily if I eat more than around 1,500 calories a day). My TSH always hovered between 3 and 5 and my Free T3/T4 were generally in the lower end of the normal range, however my symptoms were never bad enough for me to see a doctor. In August my TSH test came out at 7, the highest it had ever been, and I decided to see a doctor. She inquired my symptoms and ordered another test (TSH, free T4 and thyroid antibodies). The antibodies tests came out negative and the TSH was at 3.0 this time, which she deemed "normal" i.e. no treatment was needed. Although I expected this response, it was still frustrating, especially since I had told her my symptoms and that I wanted to start on Armour and see if they improve.

I went ahead and ordered Thiroyd and started taking 1/2 grain daily, in two doses of 1/4 each. I took this for three weeks and noticed my hands started getting warmer (this was another symptom I have always had, bad peripheral circulation, my hands and feet were always cold), and sure enough my temperature started climbing up to around 98.5.

After three weeks (a week ago) I upped my dose to 3/4 grain daily (in three equal doses). Today I did another thryoid test and the results were not as good as I expected, free T4 is still in the lower end of the normal range (I do not have the free T3 result back yet) and the TSH is 2.975, so very little change. Not sure why this is, but I interpret this to mean that I should continue increasing my Thiroyd dosage to one full grain daily. I probably won't be able to repeat the thyroid tests until this summer (I am currently in Europe on vacation and blood tests here are much cheaper than in the US).

Any feedback is appreciated.

I don't put much stock in the blood tests. Except Ray says your TSH should be under 1. Seems right. Other than that, temperatures and heart rates are most important.

Sabrosura

ecstatichamster said:
post 116730 I don't put much stock in the blood tests. Except Ray says your TSH should be under 1. Seems right. Other than that, temperatures and heart rates are most important.

Thanks, yes I had read his writings about the ideal TSH being under 1.0 and this coincides with other recommendations I have read, so that is why I am continuing to test my TSH.

As I mentioned my temperature has always been on the low side and this is the first time I notice it going up and my hands being warm most of the time. But now that I see my TSH hasn't budged, I am starting to wonder whether the temp changes have been some sort of placebo effect rather than a real effect of the Thiroyd, especially since the temp increase happened very quickly (2-3 days after I started taking the Thiroyd). I am currently doing a Master's in Epidemiology at Harvard and have seen that placebo effects are very real and can be quite significant.

As for the heart rate, mine is around 60 and has been like that for years but I am a salsa dancer, I do 3-4 hour continuous dance sessions at a time several times a week (and have done so for the past 5 years) which provide a great cardiovascular workout of the interval training type (as each dance generally includes intervals of very strenuous dancing combined with intervals of less strenuous dancing) so I am fairly certain my low heart rate is a result of that; in any case I have not noticed any increases in my heart rate since I started taking the Thiroyd.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetpeat

Sabrosura said:
After three weeks (a week ago) I upped my dose to 3/4 grain daily (in three equal doses). Today I did another thryoid test

I think it's good you are monitoring temps and pulse as well as labs. But getting lab work only one week after a dosage change is probably too soon. It can take a few weeks for the t4 in Thiroyd to build up in your system and affect the TSH and other lab readings. Waiting two weeks would be the minimum, and some people even suggest that 4-6 weeks is better.

I doubt what you experienced was a placebo effect. What commonly happens when you first start supplementing thyroid is you see a rise in metabolism, then as the body adjusts to the supplement, the metabolism seems to lower somewhat again. This usually means it's time for an increase. This see-saw effect will probably continue to happen until you reach your optimal dosage.

Also, many things can affect the TSH reading, so that makes it even more important to monitor other signs and symptoms.
Ray Peat said:
Aging, infection, trauma, prolonged cortisol excess, somatostatin, dopamine or L-dopa, adrenaline (sometimes; Mannisto, et al., 1979), amphetamine, caffeine and fever can lower TSH, apart from the effect of feedback by the thyroid hormones, creating a situation in which TSH can appear normal or low, at the same time that there is a real hypothyroidism.

Sabrosura

sweetpeat said:
post 116865
Sabrosura said:
After three weeks (a week ago) I upped my dose to 3/4 grain daily (in three equal doses). Today I did another thryoid test

I think it's good you are monitoring temps and pulse as well as labs. But getting lab work only one week after a dosage change is probably too soon. It can take a few weeks for the t4 in Thiroyd to build up in your system and affect the TSH and other lab readings. Waiting two weeks would be the minimum, and some people even suggest that 4-6 weeks is better.

I doubt what you experienced was a placebo effect. What commonly happens when you first start supplementing thyroid is you see a rise in metabolism, then as the body adjusts to the supplement, the metabolism seems to lower somewhat again. This usually means it's time for an increase. This see-saw effect will probably continue to happen until you reach your optimal dosage.

Also, many things can affect the TSH reading, so that makes it even more important to monitor other signs and symptoms.
Ray Peat said:
Aging, infection, trauma, prolonged cortisol excess, somatostatin, dopamine or L-dopa, adrenaline (sometimes; Mannisto, et al., 1979), amphetamine, caffeine and fever can lower TSH, apart from the effect of feedback by the thyroid hormones, creating a situation in which TSH can appear normal or low, at the same time that there is a real hypothyroidism.

Thanks! The see-saw effect certainly makes sense.

I should have been clearer, the before/after TSH referred to my test results before starting on the Thiroyd versus one month later (three weeks at 1/2 grain daily plus one week at 3/4 grain daily). So if I understand correctly the second test would be reflecting the initial dosage of 1/2 grain daily (the first three weeks), but probably not the last (fourth) week dosage of 3/4 grain daily.

sweetpeat

Sabrosura said:
post 116866
sweetpeat said:
post 116865
Sabrosura said:

Ray Peat said:

Thanks! The see-saw effect certainly makes sense.

I should have been clearer, the before/after TSH referred to my test results before starting on the Thiroyd versus one month later (three weeks at 1/2 grain daily plus one week at 3/4 grain daily). So if I understand correctly the second test would be reflecting the initial dosage of 1/2 grain daily (the first three weeks), but probably not the last (fourth) week dosage of 3/4 grain daily.
Yes, I think that's a correct interpretation.

CarlaSee

Hi, I'm new here but have read everything I can find on hypothyroidism, etc. I have had what test my doctor will do TSH - T3 T4...?? Low but doctor said normal though my symptoms are extreme and constant. I would like to try the Thiroyd from Thailand or Thyroid-S, ERFA. but I don't have a prescription. I don't know much about which ones are reliable, etc. I can only go by what others are saying about how they feel each works for them. I'd like to try the Thiroyd from Thiland. Can someone PM me and let me know where to order them? Thanks for the help.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi, I'm new here but have read everything I can find on hypothyroidism, etc. I have had what test my doctor will do TSH - T3 T4...?? Low but doctor said normal though my symptoms are extreme and constant. I would like to try the Thiroyd from Thailand or Thyroid-S, ERFA. but I don't have a prescription. I don't know much about which ones are reliable, etc. I can only go by what others are saying about how they feel each works for them. I'd like to try the Thiroyd from Thiland. Can someone PM me and let me know where to order them? Thanks for the help.
This thread might help:
New Thyroid Brand TR Tman intro | Ray Peat Forum

Dsvelte

I've just gotten thiroyd and I'm a bit apprehensive. Is there a forum where we can post our thyroid results for interpretation? I too have fallen into the "normal" range but definitely suspect something is not right. And as for starting out with Thiroyd - morning or evening? I would start with 1/8 I'm guessing.

tara

I took this for three weeks and noticed my hands started getting warmer (this was another symptom I have always had, bad peripheral circulation, my hands and feet were always cold), and sure enough my temperature started climbing up to around 98.5.

Hi Sabrosura,
My hunch would be if you have your waking temps up to 98.5 and you have warm hands etc you've made a significant improvement, and I wouldn't recommend further increasing thyroids supps at least until you start eating properly again. Maybe you have already addressed this, but trying to drive your metabolism up while eating 1500 cals is likely to cause more stress and maybe your body will defend itself by lowering metabolism somehow (eg by rT3 or some other mechanism). Also important to meet other nutritional needs - like protein, minerals, vitamins, carbs.
The body normally responds to undereating by suppressing metabolism - this has survival value during famines. If you've been undereating for a long time, that may have contributed to keeping your metabolism low.
Have you come across more of the ideas from Peat about other things that affect thyroid function? Many of us try to keep PUFA consumption as low as practical because PUFAs are anti-metabolic at several parts of the process.
If it were me, I'd give the current supplementation + more food a chance for a while before upping the dosage further.

I think Peat usually puts more stock by whole T3 an T4, not free T3 and T4.

tara