Thinking Of Stopping Eating Peat

OP
J

jaakkima

kiran said:
jaakkima said:
One thing the doctor said to me is that my stool had "no bacteria" in it, which to her was very odd. I'm not sure if she meant only no good bacteria, or no good OR bad bacteria.

I doubt she can tell the difference, so neither would be my guess. Or possibly missing a specific bacteria, if that's what you were talking about. See if you can get a copy of the test results.

Will do. I have what I thought were all my test results, but this is not in there so I'll ask further.

Mittir

Healing gut requires eating easy to digest simple foods. If a food irritate intestine the
reaction is almost immediate, within hours. You have to notice how body reacts to new food and
make decision on that. For protein source meat, egg yolk and potatos are fine.
Egg white irritates stomach. Without milk you will need good calcium source to balance
high phosphorus in meat, yolk and potato. Some people had bad reaction to egg shell powder.
You can try for other sources or supplement of calcium carbonate.
I do not trust supplement and I use slaked lime( calcium hydroxide) in Oj and lemon juice.
You can also check toxinless.com for good supplement with safer ingredients
RP thinks most supplements are very poor in quality and has lots of allergenic additives.
You can try homemade farmers cheese and see how you react to it.
If lactose is the only problem try cheese with high calcium content for both
protein and calcium. Cottage and farmer's cheese are low in calcium.
Some cheese are high in histamine and that can cause problem.
It would be a good idea to use broth of safe vegetables and fruits to
get vitamins and minerals. Some people complain about digesting gelatin.
You can try chicken soup or bone broth for tolerable amount of gelatin.
Biggest problem is carbohydrate. Honey, if not allergenic, is the easiest to digest.
You can try pure sugar as it is allergen free. Soup and broth can supply nutrient missing in sugar.
I do not think pulp free OJ mean pectin free OJ. If you check the video you will see how
transparent those pectin free juices are. RP also mentioned that people with
digestion problem or bad bacteria should completely avoid starch.
You can experiment with ripe fruits from safe fruit list .
Cooking fruits also make it more digestible.

OP
J

jaakkima

Reading the thing RP said about avoiding starch if there are digestion issues I've always wondered if that means potatoes too.

Mittir

RP recommends cooked potato juice, which is starch free.
I have seen people who can not even tolerate cooked potato juice.
It was supposed to be very digestible. I have read that potato has
good amount of pectin.
Here is a link on slaked lime discussion
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/324598

mandance

You could try white rice instead of potato also. Its a bit easier but lacks some of the nutrition.

Rolan

I just gotta ask, is bone broth primarily for the gelatin?

I just got a whole bunch of beef and lamb bones from my grass fed farm shop, packed the pot tight with the cow bones, boiled that badboy for 6hrs, and am now drinking the broth straight. Tastes fine, but I'm not sure why I'm drinking it.

Swandattur

On this doctor thing, it seems like the thing that would be nice is if the medical profession could be remade into something much better. It would be nice to have good medical people who aren't strictly tied in to an authoritarian structure, and who could really help people get well.

jyb

Mittir said:
It is not possible to remove all the pectin from OJ unless you use pectinase.
http://www.chefsteps.com/activities/pectin-free-juice

I think I do fine with pectin in OJ, so I'm just curious. If you let freshly squeezed pulp-free OJ still for a few hours, you notice that some very very fine sediments form (can't be filtered with a cloth as easily as pulp). What are those sediments? The video suggests that the sediments concentrate the pectin. I was under the impression that the flavor in OJ came from the sediments, and so probably the sediments are also where the nutrients are (sugar, magnesium, B vitamins etc) - am I wrong?

P.G.Marjorie

I would try albendazole for treating all parasites. Usually there is more than one type of parasite in the body.
for example ascariasis:
With relatively heavy infections, impaired absorption of dietary proteins, lactose and vitamin A has been noted, and steatorrhea may occur. One review concluded that Ascaris-free or treated children showed better nutritional status in terms of growth, lactose tolerance, vitamins A and C, and albumin levels than Ascaris-infected children based upon almost 20 years of published cross-sectional and intervention studies from Africa, Asia and South America [15]. This review also found significant improvement in weight or height following therapy for ascariasis.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/parasites/ParaSites2005/Ascaris/JLora_ParaSite.htm

lexis

Powdered barley soup helps the gut..The barley has to be powdered.You can google 'talbinah'