Thinking Of Doing A Juice Fast To Lose Fat

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Is fruit juice especially satiating for you? Or how come this helps you lose weight?

That's a good point, something I was thinking myself. I very well may be better off including some protein. I'm not really sure why I'm drawn to doing a juice fast right now, but I am.

T

tca300

Interesting TCA. I was thinking that if I constantly gave my body the carbs it wants it would not have a reason to breakdown lean tissue. I was thinking I could get away with very low protein for a short while.
Fructose is quite amazing at maintaining a positive nitrogen balance during caloric restriction but at some point cortisol will elevate to dissolve organs/muscle to provide the needed steady stream of amino acids for the brain, lungs, and heart. The liver also needs protein for detoxification purposes, which are heavily upregulated as stored junk in adipose tissue hits the blood stream.

You also might consider using ~50mg of vitamin E ( high quality ) per day to help protect from the liberated PUFA.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Fructose is quite amazing at maintaining a positive nitrogen balance during caloric restriction but at some point cortisol will elevate to dissolve organs/muscle to provide the needed steady stream of amino acids for the brain, lungs, and heart. The liver also needs protein for detoxification purposes, which are heavily upregulated as stored junk in adipose tissue hits the blood stream.

Great info to have. Thanks. I'll probably stop this little fast tomorrow and include some protein. Just keep things starch free for a while.

tankasnowgod

This is actually my second day, went by real fast. Didn't even feel like fasting or anything odd. Not sure if I lost any fat yet or anything. Probably drank like 1.5-2 gallons of OJ. I feel pretty good. Didn't get tired after lunch like I normally do.

Did you do any sort of measurements before and after? Weight, or anything else?

olive

Literature shows very minimal loss of lean muscle mass during short fasts and what is lost is quickly recovered as the body supercompensates once fed.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Did you do any sort of measurements before and after? Weight, or anything else?

No measurements. It looks like I lost a pound on the scale. I think I look a little leaner in the mirror but it could just be from not being bloated.

kayumochi

I envy people who can do those and come out looking the better for it: I get too thin and pale and my teeth start to look bad as well.