Think About Your Masks

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, I’ve been on antibiotics 4 times this year and it all started while working on the covid unit and being required to wear the same contaminated n-95 for two weeks at the hospital. I quit working there at the end of August and now wear a face shield anytime I’m required to have a face covering.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I got an ear infection from wearing a cloth mask at work for eight hours a day in the spring. Eventually the hospital decided they had enough paper surgical masks so I wear one of them now for a week at a time. The cloth masks keep everything too wet. My coworkers have terrible mask habits. They put them on the break room table or in their pockets when at break or lunch. They constantly touch them and often don’t even have them on correctly when working. The phlebotomists have to reuse their N95 so they have paper sacks to store them in. One lady has lipstick smeared on the inside of hers. So far only five out of seventy in my dept have gotten the virus. So either we are lucky or the bad habits don’t matter.

Giraffe

German scientists have reviewed the scientific literature to find out about adverse effects of masks.

Is a Mask That Covers the Mouth and Nose Free from Undesirable Side Effects in Everyday Use and Free of Potential Hazards?

The review covers:

• lack of oxygen, increased CO2
  • increased muscular work as well as the resulting additional oxygen demand and oxygen consumption
  • increased heart rate, increased stress hormones
  • headaches, fatique, cognition impairment
  • negative effect on communication (lack of mimic)
  • special situation of pregnant women
  • special situation of children
  • discomfort because of increased temperature and moisture in the facial area
  • skin issues (inflammation, acne)
  • contamination
  • self contamination (moist warm mask is breeding ground for all sorts of pathogens)
  • repeated prolong wearing promotes illnesses

You find translations of the paper here.

Link to interview (in German) with one of the authors.

Last edited:

Peatress

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals