Things That Help Recover From Flu (or Bad Cold)

I finally got one. Classic aches and pains of the influenza.

I have been taking about 15 or 20mg of methlyene blue, and about 5g of lysine, divided up over the day.

My BP is around 125/85 or 130/90 now, which I suppose is a consequence of the MB. I am avoiding aged cheese and I don't drink so red wine avoidance is automatic.

I am seriously feeling better. I'm also taking aspirin. I read there is one pharma drug with MB and aspirin in it, and I can't think of a reason why they would interact.

Also I'm taking about 180,000 IUs of vitamin A, with some D and K2. That is something I find very helpful in recovery.

Any comments, critiques, suggestions? Thanks!

milk_lover

maybe the aspirin helps with any histamine arising from MB. That might be a good combo.

cypro and thyroid might also help with the flu and maybe vitamin C.

I find consuming a lot of sugar is helpful against the flu. Things like white sugar and fruit sugars.

How about spicy hot chicken bone soup with garlic and lemon? My mom makes it for any of her kids when they get sick and it helps them.

tankasnowgod

JUST had a cold too, and I think your basic protocol is spot on. I also tried lots of sugary foods this time. It was only bad for about a day, felt much better pretty quick. I did the Riboflavin and some of the charcoal, as well. Only thing is that I wish I had chicken stock made from chicken feet (by far, the tastiest and most gelatinous of any bone broths I've ever made, and the fat is super easy to skim off).

If you're feeling good enough to get outside, do that. It worked great for me. I live right by the ocean, however, so it might have something to do with being in nature-ish space.

I thought Methylene Blue might be a good idea (with or without aspirin). I tried a bit of methylene blue, but only had the Kordon product and ran out of Oxidal. Didn't really notice anything, but I have no idea how Kordon works on dosing. I think I'm gonna give BBB a try.

tara

In addition to other ideas above, consider activated charcoal?
My pre-peaty ideas would have included extra vit-C and garlic.

I think there's a difference between a cold and a flu (all the aches, high fever etc). Cold needs feeding, 'flu' may need something closer to fasting, with enough fluids and as much juice as appetite suggests? Being somewhat active may work with a cold, but a flu requires a lot more rest?

Xisca

I use essential oils such as tea tree or ravinsara.
I was also surprised by the oligo copper, can cut it when just starting.
I would fast to the point of what my body tells.
And depends on your tendency to catch something else when having any cold or flue. I try to prevent having something going down to bronchis!
Chicken broth is great, and nothing raw, but cooked apples seem good food. And honey.
When I was ill this summer, I was surprised to want to eat egg yolks, and I could eat even 2 per day when nothing but liquid and honey could suit me! I am also really saying that instinct seem important for me, and work great when ill.
I also rest 2 days after recovering, to secure the result. I never do this well enough and I stay tired too long when I donot respect this point....

yerrag

I would take plenty of sleep, and with red light as well. My problem with sleep is that I can't, so I would take Benadryl, which has antihistamines to make me drowsy so I can sleep better. I find rest to be my best solution, without which everyting else I take is practically insufficient.

DaveFoster

Caffeine really helped me get over my current case of the flu; I just don't feel sick. Also, bag breathing, thiamine, haidut's Energin, Pansterone, and extra pregnenolone. I take 250 mcg MB anyway, and about 8-12 mg K2.

Aspirin makes me feel noticeably better, similar to caffeine and pregnenolone.

TubZy

Caffeine really helped me get over my current case of the flu; I just don't feel sick. Also, bag breathing, thiamine, haidut's Energin, Pansterone, and extra pregnenolone. I take 250 mcg MB anyway, and about 8-12 mg K2.

Aspirin makes me feel noticeably better, similar to caffeine and pregnenolone.

No thyroid/T3? I feel like the increase in temps would get rid of the cold/flu quicker as bacteria can't survive in a high temp environment plus your body would excrete it out faster due to metabolism increase.

amethyst

Mega dosing on oil of oregano really helps. And olive leaf extract.

DaveFoster

No thyroid/T3? I feel like the increase in temps would get rid of the cold/flu quicker as bacteria can't survive in a high temp environment plus your body would excrete it out faster due to metabolism increase.
Caffeine acts like a surrogate for T3: similar effects.

DaveFoster

Ah, that's right. You take NDT too right? I thought I saw that you did in another thread.
I did, and then TyroMix (synthetic T3:T4 in a 1:2 ratio), but I decided to just use caffeine. It's been better.

WestCoaster

If you've already got full blown influenza, unfortunately at that stage in the game antibiotics are the only thing that helps, otherwise your looking about 6-8 weeks to shake it. You know you would have got influenza because it hits you like a ton of bricks.. literally you can feel fine now, but in 30 min you feel dead to the world.

With the flu, presuming it's giving you a fever and probably no appetite, best bet is to just stop eating anything and everything which might raise body temperature (reason why your body shuts off the appetite with a fever, it doesn't want you hotter). That pretty much means anything with a calorie in it. Water on the other hand, drink as much as you can 'realistically' keep down. If you've been puking, I believe it'd help to put some salt in the water (thinking if you end up in the hospital, they put you on a saline IV anyway).

OP
ecstatichamster
i had the flu. Only lasted a few days.

Charcoal.
Methylene blue.
Asprin.
Coffee.
Lysine.
Riboflavin 400mg/day to prevent/fix a secondary infection

A few days later it was gone. I had all the body aches and felt 100 years old, and it was GONE.

DaveFoster

Cool- how much caffeine do you use?
Only 200-350 mg/day, Optimal ceiling is probably 6 mg/kg lean body mass in humans adminsitered in divided doses; this dose doesn't elevate epinephrine or cortisol like a larger dosage would (12 mg/kg).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals