Thiamine/diamox/baking Soda : How

Edind9

Goal is to raise CO2
I want to use thiamine + Acetazolamide-at what doses should they be combined?

Also, are the usual things (calcium, baking soda, zync) to be avoided as mainstream say?

Thanks

Light

Goal is to raise CO2
I want to use thiamine + Acetazolamide-at what doses should they be combined?

Also, are the usual things (calcium, baking soda, zync) to be avoided as mainstream say?

Thanks
haidut posted 3 posts in 2015 about studies combining Thiamine and Acetazolamide.
You can do an advenced search and find them.
In all 3, the dosages are around 750mg of each.
Also remember that when you use Thiamine, you need to have a lot of other nutrients - Magnesium, Copper, B2, B3, protein etc. , so mind your nutrition too.

JeffLubell

I am new to this forum, so please take this comment for what it's worth. My general understanding is that there are a series of 15 or more carbonic anhydrase isoenzymes and different concentrations of thiamine or acetazolamide are needed to inhibit each one. Based on this, I would expect to see increased carbon dioxide production at different thresholds of thiamine or acetazolamide, as additional isoenzymes are inhibited, but I do not know if there is a maximum threshold beyond which the excess carbon dioxide cannot be productively utilized. Since this process also reduces the production of cerebral spinal fluid, I would assume one would want to use the lowest dose necessary to achieve your goals. My daughter with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and a range of neurological complications found significant relief of her post-exertional malaise at 300 mg of thiamine three times a day (total = 900 mg / day). I believe this was through the inhibition of lactic acid production through a shift from anaerobic to aerobic metabolism. As we increased her dose, she saw additional benefits in terms of improved visual perception, fine motor skills, and cognitive functioning, which I believe are due to reductions in either intracranial hypertension or ventral brainstem compression due to reduce CSF. We are currently at 675 mg three times a day and holding while we experiment with other complementary approaches.

I am not sure why one would want to combine acetazolamide and thiamine rather than just using thiamine. Can someone clarify the benefits of this? In general, thiamine has far fewer side effects and seems capable of inhibiting carbonic anhydrase isoenzymes nearly as well as acetazolamide. Some papers asset that acetazolamide is capable of producing pulmonary vasodilation through mechanisms other than the CAI process though it is not clear to me if anyone has ever assessed the potential of thiamine to do this. Perhaps this is the reason?

I found this Ray Peat forum thread very helpful as I was researching this topic. It includes citations and a discussion of dosages.

Thiamine Is A Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor As Effective As Acetazolamide

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals