Thiamine Deficiency Inhibits Magnesium Depletion?

Tissue minerals of magnesium-deficient rats with thiamine deficiency and excess.

<<In regard to trace elements, the significant changes seen in magnesium-deficient rats were as follows: zinc in liver, muscle and blood increased and that in bone decreased. Copper in blood, kidney, muscle and heart increased and that in liver decreased. Iron in serum, liver, spleen and kidney increased and that in whole blood decreased.>>

FredSonoma

How could I know if I was Thiamine deficient (any way other than bloodwork)? I find if I eat too much refined sugar I get really anxious, but tired, and I can't sleep. Could this be because thiamine deficiency? Shouldn't I feel myself craving pork and milk because the deficiency? I feel like I crave egg yolks and beef liver (both pretty low in thiamine) way more.

OP
S
I don't think any food is really high in thiamine apart from pork. What you describe sounds like a sugar crash!

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
I don't think any food is really high in thiamine apart from pork. What you describe sounds like a sugar crash!

Definitely a sugar crash haha - what do you think is the cause/what could I do to improve it? (other than eating less sugar lol)

OP
S
FredSonoma said:
Such_Saturation said:

Definitely a sugar crash haha - what do you think is the cause/what could I do to improve it? (other than eating less sugar lol)

It's the shadow cast by the sugar that you ate, basically you caused a sugar deficiency in the blood. It stops happening with time, I personally can eat something like five to ten tablespoons at once without the crash, but that doesn't make it any less bad for me. If you can you should avoid pure sugar, or have some potassium with it. But for me things like starch are even worse than pure sugar in terms of crashing on the couch.

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
FredSonoma said:
Such_Saturation said:

It's the shadow cast by the sugar that you ate, basically you caused a sugar deficiency in the blood. It stops happening with time, I personally can eat something like five to ten tablespoons at once without the crash, but that doesn't make it any less bad for me. If you can you should avoid pure sugar, or have some potassium with it. But for me things like starch are even worse than pure sugar in terms of crashing on the couch.

Okay thanks!

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Tissue minerals of magnesium-deficient rats with thiamine deficiency and excess.

<<In regard to trace elements, the significant changes seen in magnesium-deficient rats were as follows: zinc in liver, muscle and blood increased and that in bone decreased. Copper in blood, kidney, muscle and heart increased and that in liver decreased. Iron in serum, liver, spleen and kidney increased and that in whole blood decreased.>>
This is soooo frustrating!!

I am trying to find what the results were for groups 5 and 6 (Thiamine EXCESS).
Can someone figure it out?

TeslaFan

This makes sense. Thiamine and Pyridoxine are acting in several opposing / balancing ways, and Pyridoxine is what caries Magnesium inside the cell. So, too much Thiamine will decrease Magnesium by decreasing Pyridoxine. Vitamin B1 has to be balanced with B6, basically.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals