Thiamine (B1) Reverses Parkinson Disease In Humans

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
perhaps fat soluble versions of thiamine would achieve this with less amounts and/or within less time frame?

Sure, allithiamine has been shown to do so. We are discussing Hcl because it is much cheaper and widely available.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How high can I go using thiamine?

I don't know. There is no upper safe limit established but human studies with Alzheimer have used as much as 5g-8g daily. I don't know if that is safe though and Peat thinks such doses are absurd.

Light

I just discovered that plain old thiamine Hcl achieves the same bioavailability as the fat-soluble thiamines provided you take it for at least 7 days. So, taking 300mg oral thiamine Hcl for a week will achieve the same blood levels as taking 300mg allithiamine. All thiamines may give you bad smell due to the sulfur they contain. So, use at your own risk but I think it is a small price to pay given the benefits.
@haidut I've read many of your posts about Thiamine, and you quote several studies that show Thiamine HCl isn't enough,
and that some people only get the benefits from the fat-soluble thiamines.
Since you posted this in 2016 I was wondering what you think now.

LeeLemonoil

It’s a shame that alli-, lipo- and firsulthiamine are relatively expensive and not very widely available. Benfo doesn’t do what these 3 fat solubles does

sweetpeat

It’s a shame that alli-, lipo- and firsulthiamine are relatively expensive and not very widely available. Benfo doesn’t do what these 3 fat solubles does
Do you find you get the same effect from taking a lower dosage of the fat solubles? Haidut has stated that:
You also probably need lower dosage to achieve the same plasma levels compared to thiamine Hcl. My personal experience is that 2 capsule of allithiamine (50mg each for a total of 100mg) give me the same mental and body boost as 1,500mg of thiamine Hcl.
I've done some comparison shopping and it seems like the price differential wouldn't be that bad if the fat solubles worked just as well at much lower doses. But I don't have enough experience with them yet to know for sure.

Birdie

I have been looking into this for a friend.. There is also information on high dose thiamine helping with Parkinson's here:
DR. COSTANTINI & DR. COLANGELI ANSWER... - Parkinson's Movement

As I understand it, there is a doctor in Italy who has had success with thousands of patients. It is also being used for other conditions such as fibromyalgia.

Texon

I have been looking into this for a friend.. There is also information on high dose thiamine helping with Parkinson's here:
DR. COSTANTINI & DR. COLANGELI ANSWER... - Parkinson's Movement

As I understand it, there is a doctor in Italy who has had success with thousands of patients. It is also being used for other conditions such as fibromyalgia.

This is all true! The doc also found that some people he treated (mainly northern European heritage) needed to start with lower does such as 25-50 mg X 2/wk.

Also, when you can, try to check out Dr. Paul Marik, MD's cure for full-blown sepsis. IV thiamine is part of a 3 component protocol that includes sodium ascorbate, and a small amount of hydrocortisone IV every 6 hrs. People with terminal sepsis are being cured in huge numbers and have been since he started using this in 2016.

Has Sepsis met its match? | EVMS Magazine 9.4

Birdie

This is all true! The doc also found that some people he treated (mainly northern European heritage) needed to start with lower does such as 25-50 mg X 2/wk.

Also, when you can, try to check out Dr. Paul Marik, MD's cure for full-blown sepsis. IV thiamine is part of a 3 component protocol that includes sodium ascorbate, and a small amount of hydrocortisone IV every 6 hrs. People with terminal sepsis are being cured in huge numbers and have been since he started using this in 2016.

Has Sepsis met its match? | EVMS Magazine 9.4
Okay, I will check Marik. Thanks.

Yes, I know about the Italians doing well on higher doses than others.
We started my friend on 50mg of lipothiamine a la Dr Lonsdale. He's been on that dose for a couple of months and when we tried 50mg more it interfered w sleep.

For the last two weeks, I added morning 500mg of the thiamine HCl by Dr Clark w no additives. No bad or good reaction. Now he is starting 500 more before lunch.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Texon

Okay, I will check Marik. Thanks.

Yes, I know about the Italians doing well on higher doses than others.
We started my friend on 50mg of lipothiamine a la Dr Lonsdale. He's been on that dose for a couple of months and when we tried 50mg more it interfered w sleep.

For the last two weeks, I added morning 500mg of the thiamine HCl by Dr Clark w no additives. No bad or good reaction. Now he is starting 500 more before lunch.

I have found that I seem to react pretty well to 50 mg of lipothiamine by Cardiovascular Research. Regular supplemental B1 doesn't seem to do much for me at all. Dr. Lonsdale, MD who devoted most of his career to thiamine issues is the best resource for information about thiamine IMHO.

Birdie

I have found that I seem to react pretty well to 50 mg of lipothiamine by Cardiovascular Research. Regular supplemental B1 doesn't seem to do much for me at all. Dr. Lonsdale, MD who devoted most of his career to thiamine issues is the best resource for information about thiamine IMHO.
Thanks @Texon. I agree and he is using 50mg of lipothiamine.

Birdie

The data about B1 just get better and better it seems. Check this out when able... I think I saw this somewhere else in the forum too.
Is Parenteral Thiamin a Super Antibiotic?
Thank you. I'll check it.
And I just found this info from Dr Costantini's website:

We don’t use benfothiamine because previous trials report it does not enter in the neural cells, that’s why it is not used for the diseases which don’t affect the Central Nervous System (Bettendorff L.). We administer thiamine cloridrate intramuscularly or oral thiamine hcl effectively.

Birdie

I don't know if anybody's posted this, but Dr Costantini died in May. Sadly, he was recuperating from a surgery and caught Covid-19.

Texon

I don't know if anybody's posted this, but Dr Costantini died in May. Sadly, he was recuperating from a surgery and caught Covid-19.
Wow that's sad. Let's hope someone is able to continue his legacy.

Texon

Thank you. I'll check it.
And I just found this info from Dr Costantini's website:

We don’t use benfothiamine because previous trials report it does not enter in the neural cells, that’s why it is not used for the diseases which don’t affect the Central Nervous System (Bettendorff L.). We administer thiamine cloridrate intramuscularly or oral thiamine hcl effectively.
Yes there is some controversy about Benfothiamine. It apparently is very useful to counteract AGE's and for overall kidney function. I have taken it in pretty high doses before, and noticed my GFR actually increased about 5 points to 65 the last couple of times it was checked, which is somewhat amazing for me as I am 68 years young. However, I have gravitated to Lipothiamine 50 mgs/day by Cardiovascular Researchfor about 4-5 weeks. It seems to be helping in subtle ways, and I've recently been trying to ramp up to 100 mgs/day.

Birdie

Error.

Last edited:

Birdie

Yes there is some controversy about Benfothiamine. It apparently is very useful to counteract AGE's and for overall kidney function. I have taken it in pretty high doses before, and noticed my GFR actually increased about 5 points to 65 the last couple of times it was checked, which is somewhat amazing for me as I am 68 years young. However, I have gravitated to Lipothiamine 50 mgs/day by Cardiovascular Researchfor about 4-5 weeks. It seems to be helping in subtle ways, and I've recently been trying to ramp up to 100 mgs/day.
I've been using that Lipothiamine 50 also. At bedtime. Some say it interferes with sleep if taken late in the day but that isn't the case for me. I feel it improves sleep quality but, as you say, in a subtle way.

burtlancast

Dr. Lonsdale, MD who devoted most of his career to thiamine issues is the best resource for information about thiamine IMHO.

He wrote a book about his findings with Vit B1 in 1987 that's out of print and very hard to find.

Luckily, the soil and health library had it at one moment but they removed it for some reason.
Someone uploaded it on libgen.

Attachments

• A Nutritionist's Guide to the Clinical Use of Vitamin B-1 Derrick Lonsdale 1987.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 112
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals