Thiamine (B1) Reverses Parkinson Disease In Humans

Antonello

A better approach will be to take allicin or garlic capsules with regular thiamine. In the gut some of it will combine to form allithiamine. Still, probably not going to reach the doses used in the study but for prevention it may work.
Hi haidut, I have on hands the form thiamine pyrophosphate, does it apply the same rule with this form? I’m eating raw garlic while swallow the thiamine in liquid form.
Also, I wanna to ask if the active form pyrophosphate still requires all that potassium. I’m finding no need for extra potassium while with the thiamine hcl I would cramp, spasm, numbness ecc...
Why don’t you update Energin with the active form? there is somenthing in it that make my head spinning like crazy

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi haidut, I have on hands the form thiamine pyrophosphate, does it apply the same rule with this form? I’m eating raw garlic while swallow the thiamine in liquid form.
Also, I wanna to ask if the active form pyrophosphate still requires all that potassium. I’m finding no need for extra potassium while with the thiamine hcl I would cramp, spasm, numbness ecc...
Why don’t you update Energin with the active form? there is somenthing in it that make my head spinning like crazy

Using TPP should also work but I have not seen direct studied on it. Any form of thiamine supplement likely increases potassium requirements. TPP is not cheap and most large vendors refuse to synthesize it in big enough quantities unless you commit to buying half a ton or more.

TeslaFan

Besides Potassium, with B1 it is even more important to pair it with Magnesium/b6.

Texon

Using TPP should also work but I have not seen direct studied on it. Any form of thiamine supplement likely increases potassium requirements. TPP is not cheap and most large vendors refuse to synthesize it in big enough quantities unless you commit to buying half a ton or more.
@Mr Rossi..Haidut, this is a really big deal, and the story just gets better and better. Compare what is happening here with doctor Marik's work at Eastern Virginia Medical Univ. Hospital CURING sepsis consistently since 2016...Here is an brief synopsis of a retrospective before/after study involving 47 patients in both groups...https://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(16)62564-3/fulltext. Also, my personal experience lately is pretty amazing to me, briefly, after 4 unrelated surgeries in the last 5 years (lots of stress) and noticing several disturbing neurological symptoms which were worsening, I opted to start the following protocol with each meal and before bed with a banana, 1000 mgs ascorbic acid, 100 mgs thiamine hcl, 200 mgs magnesium bisglycinate (plus 500 mgs niacinamide before bedtime). For the first time after trying literally almost everything, I am making noticeable progress after only 2 days. The combo with niacinamide gave me the first decent nights sleep I've had in a long time. I can't wait to see what's next. Also I think a word of caution is good here in that a lot of Peat's diet ideas involve high carb intake, which can deplete thiamine. Also, here is an interesting article about a 66 year old alcoholic lady with WKS that had a radical unexpected recovery.
Dramatic Recovery from Prolonged Wernicke-Korsakoff Disease

Texon

Haidut am I crazy to think that if the vitamin c and thiamine combo can bring someone back from death by sepsis, Parkinson's etc. that there is not any disease condition it would not help?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut am I crazy to think that if the vitamin c and thiamine combo can bring someone back from death by sepsis, Parkinson's etc. that there is not any disease condition it would not help?

More or less yes, but many other chemicals activating PDH would likely have similar effects. Thyroid, fructose, palmitic acid, methylene blue, niacinamide, etc So, while a great combo it is not unique in its effects and simply highlights the systemic benefits of improved metabolism.

Texon

More or less yes, but many other chemicals activating PDH would likely have similar effects. Thyroid, fructose, palmitic acid, methylene blue, niacinamide, etc So, while a great combo it is not unique in its effects and simply highlights the systemic benefits of improved metabolism.
PDH?

aguilaroja

I believe PDH here refers to pyruvate dehydrogenase.

Here is a review about hibernation, and the adaptation shock state of extreme survival, that mentions PDH.
The Living Dead: Mitochondria and Metabolic Arrest. - PubMed - NCBI
"The PDH complex is composed of three enzymes that together convert pyruvate into acetyl Co-A to allow its entry into the Krebs cycle. Inhibitory phosphorylation of the E1 enzyme by one of four PDH kinases (PDKs) is the primary means of regulating PDH to control carbohydrate catabolism by mitochondria"
"...entrance into torpor involves tissue- specific regulation of key enzymes such as PDH and that this regulation varies across taxa."

Dr. Peat has discussed repeatedly discussed hibernation, contrasting it with sustainable restorative responses in humans.
Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease
"When an animal such as a squirrel approaches hibernation and is producing less carbon dioxide, the decrease in carbon dioxide releases serotonin, which slows respiration, lowers temperature, suppresses appetite, and produces torpor.
"But in energy-deprived humans, increases of adrenalin oppose the hibernation reaction, alter energy production and the ability to relax, and to sleep deeply and with restorative effect.

"In several ways, torpor is the opposite of sleep..."

Bump

Momado965

I just discovered that plain old thiamine Hcl achieves the same bioavailability as the fat-soluble thiamines provided you take it for at least 7 days. So, taking 300mg oral thiamine Hcl for a week will achieve the same blood levels as taking 300mg allithiamine. All thiamines may give you bad smell due to the sulfur they contain. So, use at your own risk but I think it is a small price to pay given the benefits.

So to replicate the study thiamine hcl should be taken for two weeks straight?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So to replicate the study thiamine hcl should be taken for two weeks straight?

The study lasted 3 months, so that how long it should be taken for. They used 200mg thiamine weekly, which comes down to about 30mg daily. So, if you want to replicate the study, taking 50mg orally for 3 months should be close enough.

Texon

The study lasted 3 months, so that how long it should be taken for. They used 200mg thiamine weekly, which comes down to about 30mg daily. So, if you want to replicate the study, taking 50mg orally for 3 months should be close enough.
@Momado965 This might work unless you have a thiamine processing issue in which case, you may be forced to use fat soluable or injectable forms or IV if septic.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@Momado965 This might work unless you have a thiamine processing issue in which case, you may be forced to use fat soluable or injectable forms or IV if septic.

True, there is a human study with Crohn's disease which found that they needed to take 600mg oral thiamine Hcl daily because they had issues with intestinal absorption and their cells were deficient in thiamine even though their blood results were normal. It is another great example that blood levels of a vitamin/steroid/mineral often mean nothing.
High-dose Thiamine May Treat Chron's And IBD

Anyways, oral thiamine should be OK for most people unless they have IBD or some other malabsorption disorder like cystic fibrosis.

Momado965

Thiamine hcl tastes pretty bad. Thiamine hcl 200mg weekly is a whole lot more tolerable. Will try that.

Fractality

True, there is a human study with Crohn's disease which found that they needed to take 600mg oral thiamine Hcl daily because they had issues with intestinal absorption and their cells were deficient in thiamine even though their blood results were normal. It is another great example that blood levels of a vitamin/steroid/mineral often mean nothing.
High-dose Thiamine May Treat Chron's And IBD

Anyways, oral thiamine should be OK for most people unless they have IBD or some other malabsorption disorder like cystic fibrosis.

Do you think topical thiamine in ethanol solution would work regardless of issues with intestinal absorption?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think topical thiamine in ethanol solution would work regardless of issues with intestinal absorption?

Yes, and ti seems to absorb quite well, but it would be hard to gauge an exact dosage with topical administration. But since in deficiency any amount getting in systemically would help I think it is worth trying.

Momado965

@haidut When you suggested 50mg daily it amounts to 4.5g thiamine. Do you think the study can still be replicated with a higher dosage to reduce the amount of time? Say 1000mg thiamine weekly so results show in 4-5 weeks?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut When you suggested 50mg daily it amounts to 4.5g thiamine. Do you think the study can still be replicated with a higher dosage to reduce the amount of time? Say 1000mg thiamine weekly so results show in 4-5 weeks?

I would not do that. There is a limit to how much thiamine can be utilized daily and any excess probably gets excreted quickly by the kidneys.

TeslaFan

perhaps fat soluble versions of thiamine would achieve this with less amounts and/or within less time frame?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals