These people once tried a topical aromatase inhibitor for baldness

If you're going to go "counter-culture" on hair loss at least use testosterone, it has a study to kind of back it up:

As far as aromatase inhibitor, I genuinely believe it will kill whatever hair you have left, but I would use the mildest one, which I think is exemestane in this case, correct me if I'm wrong, simply because letrozole and arimidex will be very hard to dose low enough that it doesn't wipe out your estrogen once it goes systemic (and it will).

Something like a single exemestane pill in 30 mL of ethanol based suspension.

Borz

Forum Supporter
If you're going to go "counter-culture" on hair loss at least use testosterone, it has a study to kind of back it up:

As far as aromatase inhibitor, I genuinely believe it will kill whatever hair you have left, but I would use the mildest one, which I think is exemestane in this case, correct me if I'm wrong, simply because letrozole and arimidex will be very hard to dose low enough that it doesn't wipe out your estrogen once it goes systemic (and it will).

Something like a single exemestane pill in 30 mL of ethanol based suspension.
by what mechanism does exemestane cause hair loss? is estrogen needed for hair?

maillol

Aromatase inhibitors are well known to cause hair loss. I doubt that topical application would be any better. If you had to try something aspirin is a pretty potent AI and would be safer.