There Are No Giant Conspiracies

Dennis

Why should it matter if its an explicit conspiracy or not ? The end result is the same: our freedoms are taken away.
I do lean toward the explanation by @Colin Nordstrom but @BehcetsBoy is'nt wrong either. It is mix of overt conspiracy with individual motivation.
My gripe with the discussion: solutions do matter. Since there are no easy (or hard) ones you underclass, underfed peasants indulge in a intellectual masturbation about the ruling class. Way to go, my fellow peasants! I'm proud of you!

LUH 3417

Why should it matter if its an explicit conspiracy or not ? The end result is the same: our freedoms are taken away.
I do lean toward the explanation by @Colin Nordstrom but @BehcetsBoy is'nt wrong either. It is mix of overt conspiracy with individual motivation.
My gripe with the discussion: solutions do matter. Since there are no easy (or hard) ones you underclass, underfed peasants indulge in a intellectual masturbation about the ruling class. Way to go, my fellow peasants! I'm proud of you!
upload_2020-3-29_12-33-21.jpeg

Peater Pan

Franchisees have to invest $1-2 Million into a McDonald's Franchise, so I don't know if they are all that happy the first 6-10 years, simply getting back to 0 while putting in lots of work to get there. Also, McDonald's used to be great. Up until the 80s, they provided good, healthy food prepared fast for a low price. It was the Top Down demonizing of Saturated Fat that eventually lead them to drop frying in Beef Tallow in exchange for vegetable oils (which have continued to get more and more unsaturated with the war on hydrogenation). So, not a great example.

If you truly believe this..... why are you even on the Ray Peat Forum? What, exactly, would be preventing doctors from making their income by, say, actually helping people get well? Why can't sales reps convince doctors to prescribe useful and safe medications? The corrupting of the entire pharma industry and FDA has been well documented in this forum, and Beatrice Golomb does a great job exposing much of the entrenched corruption in this 20 minute talk-

Let's see, fraud, coercion, threats, bribery, and blackmail, involving pharma companies, medical journals, regulatory agencies, false front patient groups, researchers, doctors, and universities? Sound like a conspiracy to me. A pretty giant one, at that.

She is a firecracker!
"Dr. Golomb’s research interests include: the balance of treatment risks and benefits; research methods and inference from evidence; and the relation of oxidative stress and mitochondrial function to health, aging, behavior, illness, environmental and medication effects, nutrition, and bioenergetics more generally."
Has she commented on Peat?

AlaskaJono

Many years ago, in a land far, far away... I went winter camping in the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, a cross country ski-in with my backpack, stove, food enough for 5-6 days, etc. . I was solo just wanting to be in the woods alone, immersing myself in Nature, and potentially looking for hot springs, which are in the general area and on a USGS map, but not an official hotsprings where folks park and hike a bit and get warm in a handmade pool.

Within 24 hours I met a man who also was solo winter camping. He was from Germany originally living in Seattle. I was then living in Oregon. We had a nice connection - us two blokes in the woods of similar age with similar motivations - and interesting conversation. It came up in our robust conversations that we had both been on "Chakra Machines"recently. He was inventing/experimenting one with 3 other inventors, and I had been on one that a friend had in Oregon for health and fun. Quite the synchronicity.

To the point of this whole Thread: Synchronicity/Morphogenetic Fields/Collective Unconscious/Giant Conspiracies : This man had two degrees - One a PhD in Psychology, and 2 a Phd in Electrical Engineering. He knew a lot of people in the "upper echelon" of society (so-called) as he knew them growing up and he had some of their family members as clients when he did some work using his psychology degree. He basically said that through his experience of knowing these type of people that because they were educated at the same schools/institutions, belonged to the same "country clubs", are high ranking execs at the Bank, or Bayer or BASF, etc. etc., they already "think" alike. They do not need to have particular conversations regarding making money by scheming, or holding the 'working poor' ransom by controlling house prices and interest rates. Not saying they can't, but... I hope you get my drift.

Hey people under 30 years old, this was all in 1988 to help put things in context, way before the internet usage was for us commonfolk. The social programming that can occur nowadays through the 'net' is quite an easy and fast method, much more so than TV.

I reckon that the intersection of many factors are taking place lately, with the pharmaceutical-industrial complex jumping on this virus situation for their profit, and holding the world at ransom with their "science" and statistics. Banks, WEF, etc. then jumping on the situation for their profit and motives. If I learned one thing, ok several things - I digress, from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie series, it is this, James Norrington's "It just makes good business sense." It in fact need not be secretive, but hidden in plain site.

As my dear friend Ric used to say, "We are the chatter class." And we are getting smaller everyday.

Live long and prosper.

AlaskaJono

Yeah, you right! @Lollipop2 Just because the most powerful people money-wise and influence-wise get together at a remote Lair in Switzerland every year doesn't mean a thing! Hehehe...
The last James Bond Movie had great 'insights' into... craptocracy and power structures within power structures, with the addition of genetic bio know how (bio weapons so specific, you gone! but your neighbour isn't. Plus that James cat isn't telling us everything! Phew, praise the Lord!

Lollipop2

Yeah, you right! @Lollipop2 Just because the most powerful people money-wise and influence-wise get together at a remote Lair in Switzerland every year doesn't mean a thing! Hehehe...
The last James Bond Movie had great 'insights' into... craptocracy and power structures within power structures, with the addition of genetic bio know how (bio weapons so specific, you gone! but your neighbour isn't. Plus that James cat isn't telling us everything! Phew, praise the Lord!
🎯