Theory: Fasting Beneficial Because It Gives Your Body A Break From Toxins, Chemicals

AnonE

It's not exactly the Peat-iest thing to be fasting or calorie restricting, etc.

But I've learned to always pay attention to my own experiences and results, and something's clear for me - fasting is an effective tool for my health and energy levels. There is also some good research on cellular regeneration, liver cleaning, stem cells, etc, that I think is worth addressing too as part of fasting.

I wonder if this is because our foods (North American perspective here) are so processed and laced with additives that just having nothing at all is beneficial from time-to-time. I mean fasting for 24-72 hours for instance.

What do you guys think? Any positive fasting experiences? Longer form or intermittent.

OP
A

AnonE

I got the idea while researching glyphosate and realizing that this ***t is on pretty much everything we eat. How to avoid? I figure just don't eat anything, let the body clear it out... Does anyone have a list of foods that wouldn't have glyphosate?

Summary talk for those interested -

haidut

Forum Supporter
It's not exactly the Peat-iest thing to be fasting or calorie restricting, etc.

But I've learned to always pay attention to my own experiences and results, and something's clear for me - fasting is an effective tool for my health and energy levels. There is also some good research on cellular regeneration, liver cleaning, stem cells, etc, that I think is worth addressing too as part of fasting.

I wonder if this is because our foods (North American perspective here) are so processed and laced with additives that just having nothing at all is beneficial from time-to-time. I mean fasting for 24-72 hours for instance.

What do you guys think? Any positive fasting experiences? Longer form or intermittent.

We have multiple threads on the forum about this hypothesis. Here is one.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/the-benefits-of-fasting-are-due-to-lowering-endotoxin-lps-not-less-calories.25483/

TeaRex14

If you're going to eat the standard American diet that's filled with fast food then intermittent fasting might be a "necessary evil" for convenient weight management. Doesn't make it good though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals