Theanine Instead Of Meditation

DaveFoster

"Theanine produces the same brain patterns as mindful meditation, which is also one of the goals of yoga practitioners (i.e. achieve meditation status while practicing the poses)."

- haidut

Drareg

"Theanine produces the same brain patterns as mindful meditation, which is also one of the goals of yoga practitioners (i.e. achieve meditation status while practicing the poses)."

- haidut

This is a severely underrated tool imo, some had mentioned it increases an auto immune enzyme,small amounts shouldn't be a problem,150 to 200 seems ideal,after this it can give that depersonalisation vibe.

raypeatclips

This is a severely underrated tool imo, some had mentioned it increases an auto immune enzyme,small amounts shouldn't be a problem,150 to 200 seems ideal,after this it can give that depersonalisation vibe.

I got bad depersonalisation and rebound anxiety following theanine, can't remember my exact dose but I would imagine is was somewhere between 1-400mg. It was horrible, I couldn't believe it was theanine I had been reading about as being so safe. Threw away a 100g bag after 2 doses to confirm it was the theanine.

EKI07

Perhaps, but having taken supplements and being quite into meditation I feel that it is a mistake to reduce meditation to something that changes brain waves or to some other marker etc... The real magic comes from familiarizing oneself with the mind's inner dialogues and self-referential narratives that cause a tremendous amount of stress, effort, and energy to maintain.

L-Theanine will not replicate meditation to any strong extent.

as @EKI07 says, meditation is far more than brain-waves.

It can help, but is by no means close to meditation in results, long-term.

Regina

L-Theanine will not replicate meditation to any strong extent.

as @EKI07 says, meditation is far more than brain-waves.

It can help, but is by no means close to meditation in results, long-term.
I agree with you and EKI07. I mean, I love taking theanine but it doesn't remind me of zazen.

Drareg

I got bad depersonalisation and rebound anxiety following theanine, can't remember my exact dose but I would imagine is was somewhere between 1-400mg. It was horrible, I couldn't believe it was theanine I had been reading about as being so safe. Threw away a 100g bag after 2 doses to confirm it was the theanine.

The suntheanine brand is more potent I believe if you happened to use this, 400mg of regular theanine would give me underlying agitation but under 200mg and its coherent energy for me.

mangoes

The day after taking theanine I always get these weird and horrible, sharp head pains which worsen when bending over or with movement. I get this also when I don't get enough sleep or if I drink and get a hangover. I'm pretty sure they were big dose pills though, like 400mg, I'm gonna try a smaller dose.

sladerunner69

The day after taking theanine I always get these weird and horrible, sharp head pains which worsen when bending over or with movement. I get this also when I don't get enough sleep or if I drink and get a hangover. I'm pretty sure they were big dose pills though, like 400mg, I'm gonna try a smaller dose.

That could be GABA overstimulation... alcohol and theanine are both strong GABA agonists so you may already produce a lot of GABA and not need extra

Wagner83

Quite often people will find every possible way to take a pill instead of doing something and sticking to it..

J

james2388

Green Tea, Ginger, Salt, Glycine, Honey, Creatine, with caffeine powder

is far better than coffee.

salotz

The suntheanine brand is more potent I believe if you happened to use this, 400mg of regular theanine would give me underlying agitation but under 200mg and its coherent energy for me.

I had good response on suntheanine as well. I dont get agitated on other stuff but it was definitely the most potent.

Drareg

I had good response on suntheanine as well. I dont get agitated on other stuff but it was definitely the most potent.
I stopped using this a long time ago, the last time was almost 2 years ago after about a year break, it is effective against stress.

Theanine is beneficial for my sleep. Improves my mood the next day when I take it before bed. It used to give me dyslexia, but now it doesn't anymore. My metabolism is a lot better now than it used to be, so it must be that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals