Theanine Brands - Which Is Best?

dookie

Out of these three:

- Doctor's Best, Suntheanine L-Theanine
- Jarrow Formulas, Theanine
- Now Foods, L-Theanine

which is the "best", or which have you personally used with success?

belcanto

I've used all three at different times and they all work well; too much can make a person giggly, though. If you're out of L-theanine, green tea is helpful.

papaya

if you go w/suntheanine u will be getting what the label states. i know the owner & he randomly checks to make sure that the vit companies r actually putting in the proper amount.

I'm not very sensitive to excipients so I don't know for sure that it's pure, but the purebulk theanine has worked for me, and it's pretty cheap.

DrJ

I just tried the theanine from Jarrow labs and woah! In less than 10 min of taking it (200mg) I feel so absolutely chilled out. Like really lackadaisical. This is a huge turnaround from my normal (since Peat-ing) high-energy state where I just want to go go go do do do. I took it at night about an hour before bed, but I feel like it was lasting until almost noon the next day. It's a nice feeling, but I guess I want to ask.. Why am I doing this? What is the benefit? I was just experimenting since I heard about it on here. Seems to make it harder to focus, and just makes me want to listen to tunes and not do anything challenging... Is this how everyone else feels?

(Should mention it has some not so good ingredients in this brand: cellulose, magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide.)

Kasper

@DrJ I think tis may mean that you are normally running on stress hormones, that are getting lowered by theanine.

DrJ

@DrJ I think tis may mean that you are normally running on stress hormones, that are getting lowered by theanine.

I don't really think so. I always feel great and really energized. My temp has been steady in the 98.1-98.6F range. I wonder if it's just calming on the nerves somehow.

heartnhands

I've used all three at different times and they all work well; too much can make a person giggly, though. If you're out of L-theanine, green tea is helpful.
I'm so curious about what dosage you may have noticed are optimal and what was the giggle dose.

I'm trying to stop using Vyvance and hope theanine is key along with TyroMax etc.

heartnhands

I take the purebulk brand (500mg) with good sucess

Thanks Kasper.

Being that your suggestion to DrJ seems to suggest you have had some practice distinguishing between energy from stress hormones vs. optimal metabolism, I'd like to know if you have any knowledge about the difference from the medication Vyvance and Caffein and or Phentermine? The Vyvance has been helpful in increasing my mental focus since a head injury many years ago but I'd be glad to switch to something better if need be.

Thanks for any references, search processes, links, threads, and your personal expertise to any extent you are willing to share!

Yours,
heartnhands