stsfut

No offense, but what is this obsession with "screen-staring" that older generations have? What is it about screens that's so irritating to you?
I’m 27 haha; I’m guilty of it even knowing that it can’t be good for health.

johnwester130

No offense, but what is this obsession with "screen-staring" that older generations have? What is it about screens that's so irritating to you?

just that using a phone 8 hours a day is a very unhealthy thing to do socially and physically

Wolf

Looking at this from a fundamental perspective - the battle is an inner one - that of accepting external authority over internal authority. Personally, I am entirely self-defined and only rely on my own authority to discern everything I read, hear, see etc. (It relates to being truly empowered)

It seems that potent psychological conditioning is in place to create a dependance and acceptance on external authority, the biological aspect would include learned helplessness. Psychologically speaking, these types of people have a disempowered victim mentality, and thus play into the Victim-Victimiser dynamic. (A victim will also play the victimiser role). There is also a theme of 'passivity' - possibly relating to the biological sluggish metabolism, underperforming thyroid and mitochondria.

I feel that trying to convince people who are programmed/conditioned to only accept conventional authoritative figures/groups is a waste of energy. Personally, I cannot be convinced of something - I come to my own conclusions. I am authentic enough with myself to be able to shift my beliefs etc, but not everyone shares these traits.

It is interesting to break down & analyse this phenomana from different perspectives.
Serotonin.
The only dopamine heavy people I've met are either international students or martial artists.
Everyone else is too easily bent to an ideology

Sativa

what is this obsession with "screen-staring" that older generations have?

I'm only 25 but have noticed endless people - of ALL ages - seemingly glued and giving all their attention to their phone screen. It's interesting to watch them cross roads etc

lampofred

Serotonin.
The only dopamine heavy people I've met are either international students or martial artists.
Everyone else is too easily bent to an ideology

Millennials not living in the USA/Western Europe also spend enormous amounts of time on their smartphones/playing video games, so the fact that people from other countries are still healthy (in other words, dopamine dominant) is what makes me think that there is something specifically in the environments of these two areas (and the UK in particular) that is destroying the health of the people. AKA it's not the victim's fault as too many people seem to think.

tankasnowgod

I'm only 25 but have noticed endless people - of ALL ages - seemingly glued and giving all their attention to their phone screen. It's interesting to watch them cross roads etc

Almost everyone born in the 60's or later likely had a TV in their house that got watched almost every day. 70's or later, likely grew up with some sort of home computer, and/or had computers in school. 80's or later, probably also had computers in their workplace, across a vast majority of fields. Sure, millennials have had all of these things, plus a screen constantly with them thanks to cell phones, so could spend more time watching a screen than any other generation at the same age. But the idea than no other generation was "glued to a screen" is ridiculous. And yes, 30, 40, 50, even 60 year olds look at some sort of screen about as much these days.

Dave Clark

We all drunk the Kool Aid. We all stare at screens, if not we wouldn't be on this forum, reading the things we read, doing research, etc. For me, I try to make sure when I stare at screens that it is for a good purpose, not to find out if my friend's cat took a crap this morning!

Wolf

Millennials not living in the USA/Western Europe also spend enormous amounts of time on their smartphones/playing video games, so the fact that people from other countries are still healthy (in other words, dopamine dominant) is what makes me think that there is something specifically in the environments of these two areas (and the UK in particular) that is destroying the health of the people. AKA it's not the victim's fault as too many people seem to think.
I'm a Yankee so I guess I can comment. Over here people my age thrive off of processed foods as the go go go mentality is very much present and the parents themselves usually aren't cooking either. So that's a bunch of crap food probably laced with endocrine disruptors and shitty vitamins.
Lots of comfort foods and no foods which make one strong. I make the people I train with eat liver tacos with me and take vitamin k. They oblige just because my bones are harder than theirs. But then again, that might just be ordering people around.
At the end of this semester I'll probably have a load more serotoninergic activity going on. Independent thinking is too energy intensive with 19 credit hours. Maybe there's some link between brain "energy" and subservience.

TeaRex14

I wonder if the generational effects of PUFA is partly to blame for this? Our grandparents, because of their diets and environment, gave birth to their offspring which had higher levels of PUFA accumulation in their adipose tissues. Our parents, due to their environment, gave birth to us and we had even higher levels of PUFA accumulation in our tissues. I'm 25 and I don't have kids, but I would definitely deplete my PUFA stores before I ever thought about having a kid. Finding a woman agreeable to this would be paramount as well. That way our kid would have saturated adipose tissues. Just a thought.

Cirion

I can definitely attest to the fact I was "aging" at a significant pace living the typical high stress lifestyle. At my worst I easily felt 30-40 years older than I am. Heck, my 80 something uncle probably has more energy than me most days, being 50 years older than me. He still is highly active, helps run a flight school etc. Thankfully, I found Peat while I was still pretty young, and the effects are still fairly reversible, rather than waiting another 3 decades to fix my health.

I think unfortunately the mindset nowadays is that "getting old" can not be avoided and all the negatives that usually come with it nowadays which is fatigue, pain, low to mid grade mental issues, etc. No one can convince me it is normal to have already lost ones' youthfulness by age 30 though.

Lilac

did i miss anything?

I would add the Pottenger's Cats aspect, that we have been devolving for several generations. Maybe from the late 40s? Ray has mentioned the drop-off in IQ scores after the atomic testing.

A few years back, I overheard a co-worker talking about her young daughter, maybe six years old, who had suffered from insomnia since babyhood. That night, I came home and Ray's latest newsletter had arrived. In it, he talked about insomnia in children--that doctors would say the children are "advanced" for their age, when in reality their metabolisms were broken, like those of old people who don't sleep soundly.

InChristAlone

We could make a huge list as to why. In no particular order:
  • Iron fortification
  • massive increase in artificial blue light (especially at night)
  • lack of sunlight exposure
  • Accutane
  • wireless technology
  • tonnes of pesticide use
  • soil mineral depletion and overuse of synthetic fertilizers
  • vaccinations
  • huge increase in PUFA
  • lead exposure from old houses
  • BPA and other estrogen mimics
  • birth control pill
  • both parents at work and stressed, lack of stable nurturing caregiver
  • formula feeding
  • c-sections
  • lack of movement

Cirion

What is specifically wrong with c-sections? I know they probably aren't ideal, but aren't they sometimes necessary to prevent childbirth complications?

InChristAlone

What is specifically wrong with c-sections? I know they probably aren't ideal, but aren't they sometimes necessary to prevent childbirth complications?
They don't receive the inoculation of the Mother's gut bacteria basically. Some Drs are now making sure to wipe the vaginal area and then do it manually to the baby's mouth. Plus, recovery is much harder for the Mother which could cause issues with bonding and breastfeeding. C-sections rates are much higher than necessary.

yerrag

C-sections rates are much higher than necessary.

It's necessary to minimize on lawsuits, but "necessary" is not from the patient's perspective.

somuch4food

It's necessary to minimize on lawsuits, but "necessary" is not from the patient's perspective.

That's what you think. Many are asking them nowadays. Some to choose the date, some to avoid any pain at all...

yerrag

That's what you think. Many are asking them nowadays. Some to choose the date, some to avoid any pain at all...
So you're saying everybody wants it? Like they're not influenced by doctors advising them?

If the patient says she wants caesarian, would the doctor ad ise her not to? Not at all. Doc would be sued if something goes wrong if she advised natural.

If the patient says she wants natural, doc can still advise caesarian. Doc won't be sued if something goes wrong with caesarian, unless doc is really careless. Caesarian births are less likely to run into complications. It's more cut and dry, whereas natural births are a matter of throwing the dice.

Last edited:

somuch4food

So you're saying everybody wants it? Like they're not influenced by doctors advising them?

I clearly stated "some".

Sounds like you are american with your fixation on doctors being sued.

In my country, doctors are not constantly threatened to be sued and still some women think the easier way to give birth is a c-section. Patients are not king though C sections are pricier and in a public health system, there will be many barriers to cross before a c-section is considered.

yerrag

I clearly stated "some".

Sounds like you are american with your fixation on doctors being sued.

In my country, doctors are not constantly threatened to be sued and still some women think the easier way to give birth is a c-section. Patients are not king though C sections are pricier and in a public health system, there will be many barriers to cross before a c-section is considered.
Yes, I was exaggerating. And yes, it is in the American context, but it won't take long before the American medical system infects the rest of the world. I'm glad the system has not caught up in your country, but it will come as long as the US dollar is king.

CLASH

@yerrag
I have seen doctors schedule induced births and mothers choose particular dates to induce births and have C-sections because they wanted thier babies born at particular times or they had a specific schedule in mind that the babies birth didnt work with. I have also seen mothers avoid breast feeding because they are worried thier breast will sag. I have seen mothers use formula out of convenience. The hospitals give formula out for free basically... The formula is PUFA and MUFA, synthetic vitamins in the worst forms, fermentable fibers, and glucose powders. For reference, I work a nurse. In school I worked in labor and delivery for a semester.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals