The Virus Of Rationalism

Peatogenic

Avoiding unnecessarily limiting assumptions, looking for patterns rather than randomness, looking for larger patterns rather than minimal forms, avoiding reliance on verbal and symbolic formulations, expecting the future to be different—these are abstract ways of formulating the idea that the world should be seen with sympathetic involvement, rather than with analytical coldness.

- RP

Drareg

Avoiding unnecessarily limiting assumptions, looking for patterns rather than randomness, looking for larger patterns rather than minimal forms, avoiding reliance on verbal and symbolic formulations, expecting the future to be different—these are abstract ways of formulating the idea that the world should be seen with sympathetic involvement, rather than with analytical coldness.

- RP

Unfortunately that’s lost on many supposedly reading Peat, ironically he has become a symbol for them in whatever crusade they can’t let go, the crusade is what made them sick and the reason they are drawn to what he points toward, they end up stuck in a loop.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Unfortunately that’s lost on many supposedly reading Peat, ironically he has become a symbol for them in whatever crusade they can’t let go, the crusade is what made them sick and the reason they are drawn to what he points toward, they end up stuck in a loop.

Yeah, it's easy to do. Deleuze is more explicit and exhaustive in challenging old brain/thought states. It's really these infrequent little nuggets of Peat that I'm drawn to the most, when he puts on his philosopher hat unapologetically. Of course it permeates everything he writes.

Drareg

Yeah, it's easy to do. Deleuze is more explicit and exhaustive in challenging old brain/thought states. It's really these infrequent little nuggets of Peat that I'm drawn to the most, when he puts on his philosopher hat unapologetically. Of course it permeates everything he writes.

I have Deleuze‘s difference and repetition on the table in front of me! I haven’t started it yet though, I read Whitehead when I have time and it takes time, Peat has mentioned him a few times, it really pulls you out of language when reading him ,ironically .

Luann

I don't want to out myself as being into a lot of alternative stuff.
But does anyone here read Curt Doolittle's blog?
(Not sure how I feel about it.)

LUH 3417

Can you share how are deleuze’s writing is about challenging old brain states? I should read him directly but my books are at a friends house and it would be cool to read what you have to say.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Can you share how are deleuze’s writing is about challenging old brain states? I should read him directly but my books are at a friends house and it would be cool to read what you have to say.

Im only on chapter five of A Thousand Plateaus, but he says we systemically view life through the arborescent model..i.e. Seeking central roots of The Tree, but that the world is more like a rhizome...which is kind of like a map...no central root, no entrance or exit....he so far has gotten into linguistics, geology, psychotherapy, philosophy of science to express this. Overall, he is interested in action and creativity, which seems to overlap a lot of Blake. Todd May, a Deleuze scholar, says his central question is: how might one live?

LUH 3417

Im only on chapter five of A Thousand Plateaus, but he says we systemically view life through the arborescent model..i.e. Seeking central roots of The Tree, but that the world is more like a rhizome...which is kind of like a map...no central root, no entrance or exit....he so far has gotten into linguistics, geology, psychotherapy, philosophy of science to express this. Overall, he is interested in action and creativity, which seems to overlap a lot of Blake. Todd May, a Deleuze scholar, says his central question is: how might one live?
That’s interesting. Does he also talk about being as an unfolding? I remember something about that.
What would be an example of a tree vs a map in psychology philosophy linguistics etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals